Customize

Egypt: "Revolution 2.0". Progress and support.

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by exOT8Michael, Feb 9, 2011.

1. exOT8Michael Member

This deserves its own thread as a result of Wael Ghonim's initiatives and those of the Anonymous Egypt participants in the last few days.

I was heartbroken to read about what happened to Khaled Said, an internet user who was pro free speech and anti tyranny, who was grabbed by secret Police from an internet cafe and beaten to death. No fucking way is this even remotely tolerable!

See how Anonymous and we all can help, if you feel concerned too.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=147639585248420&id=133634216675571
    • Like Like x 3
  2. exOT8Michael Member

3. exOT8Michael Member

4. exOT8Michael Member

5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

that should have been Feb, of course......
  7. Kilia Member

8. Anonymous Member

I guess I did not get the memo, I thought you guys would have some sort of forum/separate board for Protest Egypt. :(
  9. mojo Member

10. Anonymous Member

OHNOEZ!!
    Marines are traditional in this role. Just don't interfere with their evac and all will be well.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

12. exOT8Michael Member

This could be huge, if true....

CNN is reporting similar news.
  13. exOT8Michael Member

Hey Hosni, GTFO.
    The people have spoken.
  14. veravendetter Member

Live speech now on Al Jazeera
  15. hushpuppy Member

16. exOT8Michael Member

CNN just had an Egyptian protester on live feed who says to Mubarak "We want our money back".
    They might end up getting it back soon.
  17. exOT8Michael Member

CNN is reporting Saudi Arabia is offering a home/refuge to Mubarak.
  18. SpudRocket Member

Things could change soo much for Egypt within the next few hours. Fingers crossed that it stays peaceful, if Mubarak doesn't say what everyone wants him to say. . .
  19. veravendetter Member

20. exOT8Michael Member

So, Mubarak says something like, if the Egyptian people want the power back they will have to kill and bury him in his homeland because he is not going to respect the people's genuine wishes?
    Is he on some kind of personal death wish?
    That was a very egotistical speech, and clearly he does not understand the reality he is facing, or maybe he does but wants to be a martyr??
    Confusing.
  21. exOT8Michael Member

It looks like the Tahrir Square crowd was baited and provoked by Mubarak to the point of civil disobedience to the point of extreme action. This may be what Mubarak wants so he can repress the hell out of the protesters with some kind of excuse of protecting public order, which HE just destabilized by his speech.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

No it's not.

Translation: I troll u! Now u will rage and then I have fresh excuse to slay u!

lrn2pharoah
  23. exOT8Michael Member

Yeah, I got it.
  24. Anonymous Member

Haha he stays!

iolPZ.jpg
  25. Anonymous Member

He had to kill the country to save the country.

GoWut2.jpg.gif
  26. exOT8Michael Member

27. Herro Member

Ok Mubarak, there's only one way for you to come out of this on top. You know what you need to do.

LAwfm.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  28. lulzgasm Member

Nah. I'd much rather see mubarak dropped out of a plane at 5000ft with C4 strapped to his gonads, timed to go off one second before he goes splat. Oh, and something sharp and pointy in at least one testicle so he can feel the "love" as he "goes down."
    • Like Like x 1
  29. mojo Member

omar baby just delivered the news! hosni's gone......
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  31. Ersatz Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  32. Herro Member

Very exciting for sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

"This is the greatest day of my life. The country has been liberated."
    -Mohamed ElBaradei
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

ITT anons party for Egypt.
    • Like Like x 6
  35. Herro Member

I wonder what happened in the time since his speech on Thursday. I dunno, it really seemed like he was kind of oblivious as to what was going on around him and I think he truly believed that he was Egypt's best option even though the people didn't realize it. What changed his mind? If three straight weeks of protests didn't wake him up, I don't see how one more day would. Or maybe he also actually believed that everyone would just go home after his speech and their continued presence finally made him see the writing on the wall? I guess I'll have to wait till he publishes his New York Times best selling memoirs.
  36. Anonymous Member

An EPIC WIN for the young people of Egypt through the power of the internet.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. DeathHamster Member

It makes my screen blurry.
    • Like Like x 1