Customize

Egypt goes berserk

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

The US government told them to.
  2. Rockyj Member

RE: Anonymous roles:
    http://owni.eu/2010/12/17/the-anonymous-wikileaks-protests-are-a-mass-demo-against-control/
    Best statement RE: Internet Freedom:

3. DeathHamster Member

The story goes into that in more detail. I only quoted a key section.
  4. lulzgasm Member

Considering what the Egyptians are going through, I felt this song and video that I found was a perfect way to pay tribute to their bravery.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Silly433 Moderator

I stand corrected. My bad.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Silly433 Moderator

7. Anonymous Member

Some under reported things to take into consideration.

Muslim Brotherhood: ‘Prepare Egyptians for war with Israel'

Muslim Brotherhood seeks end to Israel treaty

I'm sure some people here might remember that when the Shah in Iran was overthrown that it didn't move immediately to a theocracy. They had a month or three of being a democracy. Then the most organized group (even thought they were a minority) moved in and took over the country. Not saying that the Muslim Brotherhood will take over but it is not like they couldn't take over the government and if they do people should be worried.
  8. Anonymous Member

oh my! I'd like to thank you for that well written wiki page, it should win many awards. I guess I can't argue with such solid facts as 'condemnation' and 'ridicule'.

I did eventually DL'd that series to see what all the hub-bub was about. I'll admit was funny to watch him get all srsbzns. I also watched the counter point video. I believe it was called "Geo.Soros: Made of Sunshine and Puppies." For the sake of the thread I will go ahead and concede that George Soros, is in fact, made of sunshine and puppies.

Let me address my concerns about the ElBaradei and Muslim Brotherhood. ElBaradei seems to be a spineless butt-hole easily influenced by political forces, I believe him to be corrupt. I also believe he holds spiritual and political alliances with the MB. The Muslim Brotherhood is the paterfamilias of most of the Radical Islamic movements we have today. I've been hearing a lot about how benevolent and altruistic they really, that the MB have the very best intentions for Egypt's people. They have great record of human rights from a radical Islamic POV. As an example the MB just recently issued a statement telling Egypt to prepare for war with Israel. In short they want to destroy Israel and kill the jews and are willing to use extreme and grave measures to achieve those goals. Now I'm not a big fan of the Israeli gov't, they have some serious issues of their own. Although I do believe that the Israeli people have right to live and defend themselves.

While I keep hearing the MB is not seeking to gain control of Egypt their long standing mission statement stands in opposition of that claim. Killing others, even fellow Muslims, is seen as justified and peaceful within the view of their core values and stated goals. Since the MB is the leading opposition group, seemingly the only one who ever gets air-time with their statements, I'm going to assume they are in fact vying for power in Egypt. You have to realize that the MB wields a very powerful tool of social control, religion, much like Scientology.

Lets say right now 10% of the people support the MB and only 1% are hard-core MB activist. That 1% can place religious pressures and threat of pain on the masses to gain the needed votes for control. With the initial control of a reforming government you are poised to instill your values, in this case Caliphate.

Are you familiar with thermonuclear weapon? Israel haz them, lots of them. While I can't prove Israel has a any nuclear weapon; ICBM's with or without MiRV's, EMP's, Sub launched nuclear torpedoes, nuclear suitcases, nuclear artillery shells, and/or neutron bombs, ...but I believe they do have them. So feel free to dismiss the following subjective assessment based on my inability to prove that Israel has any of these types of weaponry.

I believe that the MB has a desire to cleanse the lands we know as Israel, controlling Egypt would be helpful in that endeavor. It's not far of a stretch to think that Israel will stick with their slogan of "Never Again" and fight to the burger. If modern warfare comes to Israel, as it has in the past, the chances of Israel allowing her cites to fall is nil. The chance that Israel will allow their weapons of mass destruction to be captured is nil.

I am hopeful that Egypt can find it way to a free and open democratic government, even one based on the principals of Islam. However Islamic principal is considerably different than a fundamentalist Islamic theocracy. I wish the Egyptian people the best of luck in their endeavors.

I am concerned but its not really my fight. I have my own fight for my own freedoms going on here at home. *pauses, waits for cheers and wooing*

tl:dr -- MB's own charter demands for it to instill Islamic law in Egypt and wage war upon Israel. In 10,000 years people will not only wonder how they built the great pyramids but also how they got that fine glass sheen so evenly on only two of the sides of the structures. I'm just a tourist.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rof Member

fuck off

you're a dildo
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DeathHamster Member

Hmm. Third-hand reporting. Jerusalem Post => Calcalist => Al-Alam.
    I'd like to see a more direct neutral source quoting this person and a better idea of the importance of Muhammad Ghannem in the Muslim Brotherhood. (Like, is he the MB's AO?)

Moonie paper. Not exactly a reliable source to me.
    See also the French Revolution, the Russian Revolutions, and a number of others. Quite familiar with the moderate/extremist double-revolution cycle.

If they do try to take over, then they should be worried since they don't seem to have the popular support for that sort of thing. (Governments should be afraid of their people.)
  11. Anonymous Member

I'm your dildo rof, and your doing it wrong.
  12. Anonymous Member

You're doing it wrong, too.
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

I'd look the original sources up but unfortunately I don't speak Japanese or Arabic/Farsi. I realize the the WT is a moonie paper with a conservative bent but they do some good reporting. Considering that both of the sources that I quoted are favorites to be ridiculed I would hope some other publication would call them out on their bullshit if it is bullshit.
  15. Etain Member

In short, I'm right not to trust these claims. At least not entirely.

Waiter, salt please. Just a grain.
  16. Anonymous Member

Meh, at least it's better than The Post.
  17. Anonymous Member

I guess we'll see. Last week everyone was jacking off because some people in the street would make a dictator of 30+ years slink away while ignoring huge global and regional implications.
  18. Orson Member

So does the crackdown on journalists, the shutting down of live shots, etc. serve as a preview of even more gruesome violence and methods to be used at Friday's protests? Speculation on cable news tonight, but it seems an appropriate concern.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Not sure if that is the military trying to protect journalist from the govt. or if it is the govt trying to silence the journalist. Either way I think Mubarak will take advantage of the lack of on the ground reporting to start cracking heads.
  20. Anonymous Member

In the long run constitutional democracy is the only solution for the middle east.
    There is no easy gentle way to get there though, and it will pose risks for Israel, but there is no choice if it wants a lasting peace.

Hopefully a democratic Egypt will want to open up trade with Israel and both will benefit, leading to greater trust and friendship.
    Trading partners rarely go to war against each other.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. exOT8Michael Member

22. Anonymous Member

Wait, was that a Tunisia fap or and Egypt fap? So long as local autocrat stops beating on the local people, hell yeah! Screw the "huge global and regional implications"! They are generally (pan-sexual) whores who will reach a realpolitik accommodation faster than a room full of Furries and genuine homeopathic Spanish Fly. (How big is that American aid stick?)
  23. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  24. Anonymous Member

Tunisia is not Egypt.
  25. whosit Member

What the fuck is wrong with all you?

Tunisia, Egypt and Yemen is a perfect storm.

26. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

Shit-Bullshit_bag.jpg
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Anonymous Member

30. prot Member

31. Anonymous Member

Dox?
  32. mojo Member

33. prot Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

according to Al Jazeera, the Secretary-General of the Arab League Amr Moussa is taking part in the protest on Tahrir. Al Arabiya reporter said that the people were carrying Amr Moussa on their hands and asking him not to leave, so that the police doesn't attack them
  35. Anonymous Member

Twitter:
    Al jazeera Arabic's Cairo office has been stormed by unknown men and the office has been trashed #Egypt #tahrir
  36. Anonymous Member

He won't produce them, unless you accept someone like Glen Beck's word.
    This is just a paranoid right wing conspiracy theory. Their particular beef with El Baradei comes from the statements he made as the head of the IAEA contradicting neocon claims that Iraq and Iran had nu-kee-ler weapons.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. Anonymous Member

Apparently a 'protest organiser' is reading a statement on Egyptian TV. Colour me skeptic.
  39. Anonymous Member

40. Anonymous Member

The 'organiser' claimed to be part of the MB and that the MB were behind the protests. I'm slightly chuffed with myself for calling this one, despite how fucking obvious this tactic was.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.