Customize

East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Chamberlain, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Chamberlain Member

East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

Ok early days it seems, but the OG have stated 26th July as a possible date for the protest.

Any vital infomation please contact Wirah and he'll update his site.

And here's the post game thread for last East Grinstead raid!

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-breaking-news/grinstead-win-thread-16512/

There has been some discussion about the apprant disrespect about protesting on the War Memorial, personally I believe these issues were raised by Scienos trying to get some turf on us. General feeling seems to be that we'll have alot more people turning up at this protest, if we all act like we did last time then it wont be a issue. Praise to those anons cleaning up before we marched to Saint Hill.

Although I do think we should spread up more, along those steps, where that anon was being interviewed by the cameracrew if you remember. Also! If you feel the need to buy sweets, please do it at Wickerden, the sweet shop opposite! He's a lovely man.

OG stated they will be contacting the police beforehand, we'll try and get something in the paper before the raid to raise more awareness about our presence.

BRAINSTORM!
  2. Anonnumition Member

Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

I'm definitely thar. Again =)

And yeah, we just need to raise some awareness of what we're doing before getting there and maybe have a couple of placards which make it completely and utterly obvious we are ANTI.

Other than that everything seemed cool, just spread out if there are considerably more numbers and will possibly need to work out something for the hike around the castle...
  3. narCONon Member

hell yes im thar for this one too! last time was too epic to miss this!!!11!

cant wait to entubulate saint hill again!
  4. Chamberlain Member

I'm going to to town, i'll pick up the weekly paper and see if we made a dent, check out the letters from the residents too.
  5. Chamberlain Member

Oh i've been, doesn't come out till tomorrow morning :(

But I spoke to the paper and they confirmed they have a piece on us though :D
  6. Orderous Member

Not sure if I can make it. It alll depends on getting a job and a place to stay in the UK right now
  7. Anonnumition Member

You better, Orderous >_>

And Chamberlain, you should totally buy a whole load so we've got many flesh pieces just for yayz!
    You got a scanner, right? Or, just take pictures of it yeah... but scanner is better.
  8. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

Count me in for more enturbulation! Especially if we can make it to St Hill again, that was epic.
  9. SweatyJon Member

Want a lift again?
  10. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

I should be up for this one. All goes well IRL then shouldnt have an issue, and I would so dearly love to pay them a visit
  11. Anonhopeful Member

Confirmed for Brawl.

Idea: some people go to E.G mayb a week before hand and flier//hand out leaflets about the 26th and what we are doing?
  12. Stitch Member

Digging out my hiking boots as we speak.
  13. narCONon Member

yes, i do. we might even recreate our awsome epic escape from the stalker.

I'll check around B'ton anon to see if anyone else needs a lift!

narC
  14. k8jde6 Member

Would recommend we move around a bit this time so as not to agitate the shop keepers. Pre-raiding may be counterproductive.
  15. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

Hah, yeah we can give guided tours.

"this is where awesome wheelspin occurred"
    "...and this is where we hid behind a bush for about 20 minutes"
  16. narCONon Member

^^^ lol!
  17. ldnanon Member

Being local, I'll definitely be there.
  18. Chamberlain Member

Articles from last protest.

protest1.jpg

protest2.jpg
  19. Britonymous Member

I'll be there!
  20. Anonnumition Member

Ahaha xD Graeme, bless him and his little cotton socks.
    anoneye got a close up! =P
    Hm, I reckon it's trying to be unbias, but I can see it leaning... a little. Hmmmm >_>
    And poo at them bringing up the war memorial as somewhat an issue but never saying anything definite about it...
  21. rasputin Member

Definitely up for this. And -

- this.
  22. An0nand0n Member

Given that at least one local shopkeeper voiced some concern about us blocking the traffic to her shop, maybe we should move the protest around, spend some time at each scilon establishment before treking out to St Hill.

Also, I think more people spread out flyering would be good, and bring extra flyers for people who want to take flyers away- I had several requests for bundles to distribute to family, friends etc.

I hope we see more of our friends in the bushes- that was so funny!
  23. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

Well done Chamberlain
    can we have a transcript please
  24. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

"A REQUEST to remove an "offensive" placard during a protest against Scientology has earned East Grinstead's police inspector a place on UTube."
    LOL! UTUBE!
  25. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

My cunning plan at present is to repeat what we did. It worked fine, and the spontaneous walk around Saint Hill caught them totally by surprise because in their mirror sex criminals paid by drug companies cannot be spontaneous. That the police were present saved us from a blizzard of trespass protests.

Ignore the 'war memorial' and 'shop closed to Anonymous' crap. Really. If they can't come up with better than this they are totally brain dead cultists, so terrified of DM that they cannot do anything to Keep Scientology Working. But we knew that already! We are not reacting to their silly distractions, we are pursuing our agenda.

So provisionally same time, same place, and a guided Saint Hill tour for newbies with hiking boots IF the police are still happy with this. If we do anything else, it will NOT be decided here and will be another surprise for them.
  26. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

---------
    Yes.
    Good ideas.
    Disregard crap I said just now.

Oh fuck this, how do you delete a post?
  27. AnnonyKitty Member

Oh gods yes. I assume civvies on this one? Mud doesn't go so well with my work shoes.

Now for transport research...
  28. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

Hi Hartley
    we will go anywhere and any which where we want.........
    luv
  29. anoneye Member

Huzzah! Carrying that "No Scilons Plz" sign finally pays off, I'm in their papers enturbulatin' their locals
  30. AnonymousDave Member

Awesome...wrapped in a layer of ownage.
  31. Re: East Grinstead Protest: July 26th

...but wait, there's more:
    2555676037_31f912b975_o.jpg
    He is clearly a child of [strike]satin[/strike] satan.
  32. Chamberlain Member

Guys, I've heard alot of reaction to us at the war memorial, i'd really advise we don't protest there. A great place to protest though is about 50 meters from it, next to a woolworths, its undercover, very thick to handle numbers that we'll get and is bang in the center of the high street, we'll get 50% more people walking directly past us.

Also, this will benefit us in a second way, if we go ahead at the war memorial as before we'll recieve the same criticism, and Mr. Smith on the street we'll voice that concern, if we switch position to the one stated above it will show we listen to the public opinon and gain brownie points.

Also, the scientologists and papers will have to think of another reason to blame us, staying at the war memorial will just recieve the same complaint.

I really hope we move from the war memorial to the stated position.

I'll take pictures of the supposed place if your up for it, we'll get more traffic for sure.

Chamberlain
  33. Anonnumition Member

In that case... better move.
    How/ who have you been hearing this from? I assume it's not just Scilons?
  34. Chamberlain Member

I'd rather not say who because of lurkers, but if anyone knew the general jist of east grinstead, he would. Don't think i'm bullshitting! But I know they wouldn't like if i stated who/what they did in East Grinstead.
  35. narCONon Member

Chamberlain is right... theres a place like a few metres away from were we where... a good compromise between moving too far frm the centre, and not being around the war memorial
  36. ldnanon Member

Although I don't really agree with having to move, Queens Walk might actually be a better place for us to be. It is always busy, and in fact you can quite often find Mormons standing there.
  37. An0nand0n Member

Re. the shop keeper who complained, she didn't seem remotely pro scilon- she was just concerned about the big group of people bang in the middle of the highstreet. If we spread out, and didn't use the war memorial as a drop point, this couldbe avoided. Also, if most of us stayed down near the road, people wishing to avoid the demonstration could pass along the back

Oh, and we have to buy shitloads of sweets from the sweet shop- those guys were awesome and gave Bonnie their "no Anonymous" signs that the scifag gave them.
  38. ldnanon Member

Queens Walk

[IMG]

[IMG]

fum33o.jpg
  39. Anonnumition Member

Are there any actual good bits for us to 'perch'- and not be an obstruction...?
    That's what was good about the memorial since we were out of the way as much as possible =\

It doesn't really matter anyways, if you think it's the best option >_<
  40. ldnanon Member

I still prefer the War Memorial and spreading out along the High Street.