Customize

East Grinstead May 31st

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by hartley patterson, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Anonnumition Member

Re: East Grinstead May 31st

Not really 'media guy'.
    Just has lots of good contacts and gets shit done.
    I don't think it's allowed to call him 'media guy'... I dunno, I have a headache, can't think straight xD
  2. narCONon Member

awwww poor u =[
    well if u cld PM him or summat, then shit will get done, as you say. it'd b gdgd to get sum propa media there, not just local rags.

well we'll see i guess
  3. Anonnumition Member

Shall try SJ too I guess.
    It could be a silly idea though... it'd be more making them 'aware' of the fact that we'll be there, and since the ENG situation they may be more supceptible to reporting on us... if not coming just to get some library shiz.

But I still reckon they'll just ask for interviews after it and nab our footage off YouTube and photos from here... like they did with the ENG stuff. Not that's a problem- would probably make the day easier, can concentrate on the protest rather than also what the mediaguys there are up to...
  4. narCONon Member

yup, im with u thar.

but rember, this is the first "larger" raid since the ENG stuff went down, so u neva no, the media may be intersted. We'll see i guess
  5. Anonnumition Member

I'll get to it in a bit, A Bug's Life finished so now I'm gonna go find something to eat and some sort of pain remedy which I'm actually allowed to take xD
  6. narCONon Member

lawl, a bugs life is awsome!!!

has fun w/ ur painkillers!
  7. AnonyBee Member

I'm so there.

I know that some people are going to this Emo Protest thing to troll, in London, but I think EG is going to be srs bsns and super lulz.

Do we know how many we're expecting? Excluding or including ARSCC.
  8. narCONon Member

about 30-35 ish i think
  9. SweatyJon Member

Emo Protest? What?
  10. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

Eh? Wha? Sommunsaymaname?
  11. narCONon Member

12. Anonnumition Member

Woo, there's more than two people in this thread nao xD

And yeah, people more appropriate for this sort of thing, though I personally have pretty much disregarded it:
    Contacting media, just to make them aware. Possibly send off stuff /after/ it all.

Also, yeah, I know people going to the Emo Protest -facepalm-
  13. narCONon Member

yay more people!
  14. AnonyBee Member

Emo protest will be lulzy and I think if it's still on, I'm going to head over that way after EG. However, EG is my main priority.

30-35 is good numbers, is that including ARSCC? Does anyone else want to pronounce that "arse", I always do :x
  15. Anonnumition Member

"ArseySea"
  16. narCONon Member

looking to get sum media intrest in this raid, what with it being Scilon hq and everything.

it was said that u get shit done
  17. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

Okay. Best thing to do is send out a press release to local press just announcing that it's happening, and then a post-game release to wider media if anything particularly newsworthy does go down.

We're not going to get any coverage from 'protesters are protesting' news releases, but I'll be right on it if the scifags hand out extra grief or if the police do anything silly like with the ENG situation.

In any case, I'll sort out the local media contacts tomorrow.
  18. narCONon Member

coolio. thanx
  19. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

How many will be coming from London? If nothing comes up I expect I'll be making my way there too.
  20. Anonnumition Member

21. narCONon Member

numbers are looking good!
  22. Anonnumition Member

We should've set up an IRC channel for this... bit late now =\
  23. narCONon Member

yea, oh well. such is life. anyway... BRACE FOR AWSOMENESS!
  24. Anonnumition Member

Life is a bit late? xD
  25. narCONon Member

no, in life you always realise you should have done things after its too late =P
  26. Anonnumition Member

Right, I just planned my journey via train sites, I'm restraining myself from posting any times and that due to OSA presence (HAI GAIZ) so if people want to PM me if they too are taking the train (the major anonymity factor of Wirah tends to fail in these respects for possibly meeting points as you don't who's has posted what, if they posted before, etc.), and as brackets hint at, we might be able to figure a meeting point/ I could tell you some train times if you're too lazy =P
  27. AnonyBee Member

Actually haven't even thought about train times yet but I know I'm meeting up with some Wirah lot at either Victoria or East Croydon at some point.

It's gonna be super, guys. Remember to try and recruit some more people because as we know, the more masked, the bigger the impact.

Have the police in East Grinstead been informed? This might be a deal breaker if they have a problem with our masks etc. It's happened in a few small towns across the UK and I DON'T want it to happen in "Clearwater", UK.

Also sup OSA spais ^_^ <3
  28. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

What time are we meeting at Victoria?
  29. Anonnumition Member

@AnonyBee: I believe the police have been informed? I'd presume so and I swear I saw it mentioned earlier... And we don't want to make train times too public because it's quite possible they could track us- though they'll probably presume and do it anyway.

I checked the timetable, PMin' both of you nao =P
  30. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

Local press and radio contacts:

news at southernfm.com
    news at oceanfm.co.uk
    news at wave105.com
    scr.news at bbc.co.uk
    newsdesk at capitalradio.com
    karen.styan at courier.co.uk
    reporters.eastgrinstead at courier.co.uk
    editor at eastgrinsteadobserver.co.uk
    jeannie.knight at westsussextoday.co.uk

Do not spam these with general info about Chanology. Use them wisely. If I don't make it to the event and anything serious goes down which needs further newsblasting, drop me a PM and I'll sort it out.
  31. Orderous Member

Clapham Junction sounds like a decent meeting point, although it's an evil, evil station. Might even be able to get some sleep that night then.

Anonnumition; Could you PM me the train times as well, at least the ones from Clapham Junction.

And the entire contents of a box of cornflakes just flew past my window.
  32. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

I'll be heading down from Victoria.

Although I could switch to Clapham Junction if needed.
  33. Lord Gnome Member

Could be interesting - most Saturday mornings SeaOrg and staffers are bussed into town so they can go shopping and are then bussed back late morning so there will probably be brass and uniforms strutting around unless they decide they don't want members to see the bad news and cancel it.

Anyone thinking of waving a banner with the word "cult" might like to take note of the decision of the Crown Prosecution Service not to charge EpicNoseGuy who was reported by City of London Police:

The CPS issued the following statement:

"In consultation with the City of London Police, we were asked whether the sign, which read 'Scientology is not a religion it is a dangerous cult', was abusive or insulting.

"Our advice is that it is not abusive or insulting and there is no offensiveness (as opposed to criticism), neither in the idea expressed nor in the mode of expression. No action will be taken against the individual."

Well done EpicNoseGuy.
  34. narCONon Member

yea, this should be good. Im looking forward to enturbulate my first definate sea orger! should be fun!
  35. Anonnumition Member

I lol'd, hard. Why is that so funny, o lawd.
    And PMin' you useless bitches now xD (and that's anyone who's so much as hinted =P).
  36. Anonhopeful Member

I'll be heading down from Victoria, thanks to Anonnumitions outstanding route planning skills. got abit of a journy though but fingers crossed i get there at the agreed time
  37. Anonnumition Member

It's not really an 'agreed time' tbh- it's more just when I thought might be a good time to be there and then me just forcing it unto people :fuckyou: hehe.
  38. narCONon Member

what time? 11am seems ok to me? ok w/ everyone else?
  39. Anonnumition Member

...Well that's what it says in the OP and Wirah page, deary =P
  40. narCONon Member

kwl. Im comin up w/ sweaty jon, so c u thar!