Customize

East Grinstead May 31st

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by hartley patterson, Apr 14, 2008.

1. East Grinstead May 31st

ARSCC(UK) will be picketing in East Grinstead Saturday May 31st. We are in contact with the police and will hopefully be setting up in the High Street from 11 AM.

Saint Hill (UK Scilon HQ) as previously discussed here is a couple of miles outside town and unsuitable for large numbers to protest. The happy fun cult is well known, half of its UK members (and many ex-members!) live nearby, so we will get plenty of interest in town. The CoS has several small establishments in town but nothing major.

Anonymous are of course invited! We are doing this between the main Anonymous events so that Anon from London and Brighton can attend.

[Added 12 May] This is still on track. Travel/location details later in thread.
  2. Chamberlain Member

Re: East Grinstead May 31st

As you know I'm live in East Grinstead so this will be no problem at all. The high street will be perfect for this kind of thing. Also, we have a arcade in the middle of the High Street so if it starts raining we can take cover and still spread the word.

If there's anything I can do in the mean time please let me know.

Chamberlain
  3. AnonNow Member

Anon will be there, frankly this takes the task of organizing something at East Grinstead (which we wern't very good at) off our hands so all we have to do is show up.
    Good work, looking forward to it.
  4. rasputin Member

awesome :). all being well I'll see you there.
  5. Bruce Member

Brumanons being notified.
  6. ScudMuffin Member

I take it the postcode is RH19. Which bit of the High Street will you be on?
  7. Anony-Nony-No Member

oooh... sorely tempted.

oooH!

yes. i think i shall come. and i think it shall win.
    even if there's only 20 of us there. it'll still (with any luck) win.
  8. Morriganon Member

Yes!! We'll be there :eek:)
    Been hoping for an East Grinstead day...
  9. eclipse Member

I'm up for this. Been wanting to enturbulate them on their own turf for some time now.
  10. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

I think I might be able to make it... I probably can't make the 10th so I will sure try for this!
  11. SweatyJon Member

This sounds good, I'll try my best to be there, East Grinstead isn't too far for me.

Any Brighton-area people want a lift, PM me.
  12. Anonnumition Member

I might possibly try for this and gather company, alas, exams start about the same time and it might be quite a trek which would could put myself and said company off.
    But we shall try our hardests to be there =]
  13. Anony-Nony-No Member

if any east-midlands anons want a lift, pm me. i'll be driving, and it's more entertaining to not be going alone.
  14. martinpoulter Member

Well done Hartley. I hope to be there.
    There will be a lot of heartfelt support from locals, and unavoidably a lot of contact with scieno True Believers.
  15. ScudMuffin Member

I'll be there dudes!

The Scientology Base Star won't know whats hit it.
  16. An0nand0n Member

MAY 31st! WE DINE IN HELL! I'll bring cake...
  17. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

Anyone from the South West going? (Somerset?) Ain't no National Express route to East Grinstead...
  18. BEACH_TROLL Member

any dress code or theme for this we should know about?

Im a few stops up the line so i might pop in on you guys for half the day...
  19. Anony-Nony-No Member

well i'm gonna be in my usual anon-gear

i think i might give the free-hugs a rest this time though, because rural sussex is probably not a hug-receptive place.
  20. Chamberlain Member

My house is about 5 minutes walk from where we're protesting, if you seem pretty ok it'll be fine if you want to leave heavy stuff at my house/garage. Don't know what possibly you'd be bringing but i'm keeping the option available.
  21. SweatyJon Member

Unfortunately I think you're probably right.

I'll be wearing standard marcabian uniform as per usual.
  22. martinpoulter Member

Make no mistake that Saint Hill is a harder nut. There will be the most dedicated members there: people who have been in decades; people who met LRH in person; people, in short, for whom Scientology is SRS BIZNS. There will people who have actively taken part in Fair Game. There will also be people who have long suffered the presence of the cult, know all about it thanks to the ballsy local media, and are glad to see someone speaking out against it.
  23. SaucyJack Member

I have an exam that morning, but I'll try to make it later on during the day since I live around there.
  24. Anony-Nony-No Member

yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that this is a more dangerous target than the Orgs in the big cities, since saint hill is pretty much where scientology became more than a loose collection of dianetics students
    i'd say in terms of scilon sites, saint hill is only slightly below clearwater in terms of importence to the cult.

if anyone can PM me a good place to park my car to catch a bus or something to east grinstead, relatively close by, or even a good place to deposit my car in east grinstead.
  25. Anonnumition Member

...On a Saturday? 0.o
    Unless it's not an exam like, collegey/ schooly... then fair do's.
    My college is uber clever and placed pretty much all my exams in the week /before/ study leave, and then the others within the first week of that, so I'm gonna have plenty of free time for a month in order to do shiz like this- yay for me- so this now means I'll most probably/ definitely be there, only issue might be funds and companions... but yeah, I'm totally up for this one.
  26. Spangly Member

University exams on a saturday morning are certainly not uncommon, at least in the UK. I "enjoyed" a few of them in my time.
  27. narCONon Member

i should be there, im coming up frm brighton area, so if anyone wants to travel with me PM me.

wats the dress code... are we masked?

and wat r the times etc...
  28. Anonnumition Member

High Street, 11am. Is in the OP.
    Would it be worth setting up a Wirah for this?
  29. SweatyJon Member

Want a lift?

Also yes I'm going in suit / mask.
  30. narCONon Member

a lift would be gr8...
    i live in the lewes area, so msg me closser to the time about meets etc..

and okies... suit and v mask it is.

thnx

narCONon
  31. Orderous Member

Checking around a bit to see if I can make it to this one. Done with exams weeks before, so that shouldn't be a problem, might be a hassle getting there early enough though.

EDIT; Hm, it might work. Will have to get up around 8, and catch two trains to get there (currently living in Surrey, just outside of London suburb limits), but it is certainly doable
  32. Anonnumition Member

Ha ^You^ think it'll be hard for you? I'm in shittin' North Hampshire. -facepalm- Nothing of interest is in this entire... bit, thing. Land... mass. Something. Except plentiful chavs and some half-decent schools/ colleges.
    Already worked it out a while ago even before this thread was in existence how I'd get there (no harm in being prepared xD) and due to the pooiness of the train line I'm on gotta go to London before catching another age long train to East Grinstead- possibly with a change or two inbetween depending on the temperment of the trains on the day ;)
  33. Orderous Member

Sounds wonderful.

Nah, the bit that makes it annoying, is that in land line it's actually not that far, but due to the wierdness of trains and busses in this country I'm going to basically double up the travel time.

Only thing that could get in between is the amount of money I would need. But then again, the Norwegian government has told me that I paid too much in tax for my summer job, and I'm getting quite a lot of it returned.
  34. SweatyJon Member

Yeah the train lines around East Grinstead are fucked. If I want to go there by train it takes about 3 times longer than driving.
  35. Wirah Member

Operation: East Grinstead | Wirah
  36. anonyme Member

How many spaces do you have?
    I'm seriously considering this..a lift would be very appreciated!!
  37. SweatyJon Member

At least 3, so yeah, the more the merrier.
  38. Anony-Nony-No Member

Said it before, but a repost: i'm coming straight down the M1, around the M25 from somewhere in the midlands.

If there's anyone near that route who needs a lift. Drop me a PM
  39. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

Travel/Location details
    ----------------------

Type 'East Grinstead' into Google Maps and you'll get a good view.

The railway station is on the left, there are half hourly trains from London Victoria via Croydon. East Grinstead is the end of the line. Timetables are online. At Victoria either get tickets from the automatic machines or queue - and long queues are sometimes long. Allow about an hour for the journey.

From the station walk down Railway Approach, waving at the Applied Scholastics Scilon shop on your left. Turn right into London Road, then left into the High Street and there we will be.

There are car parks on the map, but remember it's a Saturday so parking may not be so easy! Although Brighton is not far there are no direct transport links from there.

We plan to start around 11 AM and carry on until we ran out of leaflets/energy. We're not sure where the police will place us, depends on numbers, but it's not important - this is an inform the public protest not a direct picket.

Saint Hill is a couple of miles south of the town, clearly marked and visible on St Hill Road. To repeat, big protests here aren't possible as it's a narrow country lane with no room for crowds. The front gate is just north of the Scilon car park. If you want to go take a look and have a photo opportunity, fine.

We would like a rough idea of expected numbers for the police, like tens or hundreds or over nine thousand. Please contact me via private message on this board or by Email at hpttrsn@daisy.freeserve.co.uk. We'll have our placards, leaflets and hopefully sound system, but all contributions welcome.
  40. Re: East Grinstead May 31st

Shitting fuck, looks like I cannae make this either. There is a train from Brizzle to East Grinstead that leaves at like 7 and gets there at about 9:40 return fro £57, but I cant get to Bristol in time for that. Ah, cocks. I'd of loved a day trip to Castle von Scifag... SweatyJon, any chance of making a detour through Somerset? :p