Customize

East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by An0nand0n, Jul 27, 2008.

1. An0nand0n Member

East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

James Talman is a taxi driver who lives and works in East Grinstead who has started campaigning against Co$ with some asisstance from Anonymous (he asked for flyers) and who has given Anonymous support on raids with transport to and from St Hill. He has used his free time to distribute flyers and put up anti scientology posters around East Grinstead.

This week the cab company he works for received a letter from Graham Wilson, head of the OSA in the UK, demanding that he be taken off the St Hill route. James knows he and his car have been photographed by scientologists, and is very worried they will lodge complaints with the taxi lisencing authority to try to get his lisence suspended. Even though the complaints would be false, the authority would suspend his lisence while they investigated. He is self employed and has a family to feed.

At the Saturday Raid, he was advised by the Old Guard to get in touch with the lisencing authority preemptively and make sure they knew about his activism, the Co$ fair game policy and the statement made in Bonnie Woods' libel case, where Graham Wilson was one of the defendants. He and the cult were forced to publicly acknowledge that he had spread false information about Bonnie and offer an apology (:: escape :: helping families effected by Scientology). Whether this will be enough to protect him from fair game I don't know, but I let him know that we'd be watching. This has not put him off his campaign against the cult.
  2. CafcFred Member

Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

He's a lovely man. I hope we can help him get passed all this shit.
  3. Anonymous123 Member

Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

possibly we should support him when they take his license away.... everyone pays 1 $/€/whatever. will altogether be quiet a lot.
  4. An0nand0n Member

^^^THIS, though hopefully it won't come to that.
  5. zanoni Member

Get this letter in the local press.

Send this letter to all the various UK media contacts (there was a list recently, can someone post a link please?).

Fair Game is alive and well in 2008 and people need to see evidence of this rather than 'just' 1978 stories of bad cult behaviour.

Every attempt at Fair Game needs to be used in this way. Please get this guy's letter published and circulated EVERYWHERE YOU CAN.
  6. Anne Ominous Member

Graeme - you're a dick.

Taximan - you're a hero.

Yes, now that they know him and who he is, go public as loudly as possible - this is the best protection for the circumstances. Follow Lermanet's 'Secure Perimeter' strategy. Tell the licensing authority and explain the situation with AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE, being sure to note that Graeme Wilson has been forced to pay up for defamation and falsehoods before (Woods case).

Tell doctors, warn banks, etc. Keep your bins inside your garage, locked. Use wired internet. Above all - DON'T BACK DOWN.

Silly brainwashing cult makes its own enemies...
  7. The Admiral Member

Let's spread this far and wide.
  8. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

Seems Mr. Wilson has a habit of being less than truthful...
    stresstestchildren2oq3sx9.jpg
  9. Sponge Member

Mass ordering of Taxi rides round QVS HQ and along TCR for next London protests or even up and down East Grinstead high street (complete with protest signs in windows of taxis).
    Just a thought.
  10. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

This is the shit up with which we should not put.

First thing tomorrow morning I'll get a list of press contacts for the EG area. Then we harpoon all of the local journalists and take this as far and wide as we can.

There's possibly a case for Liberty being involved. Anyone in touch with them?

What's happening here is that a man's livelihood is being threatened because of who he chooses to give lifts too.

This is also why we should continue to wear masks and be extra careful about namefagging.

East Grinstead's economy is slowly being taken over by the scilons. However, we got many, many, many gestures of support from locals who don't like them too. I think that if Taximan's story gets into the local press, then messages of support from others who are opposed to the Co$ trying to take over East Grinstead's economy will both help him from a business point of view and also on a personal level.

He helped us out. We help him out. That's the way it goes.

We can threaten to raep him in the dome later, of course...
  11. Sponge Member

Local Press:
    http://www.thisiscourier.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=206659&command=newPage

East Grinstead Courier
    37 High Street
    East Grinstead
    West Sussex RH19 3AF

General switchboard:
    01342 323652

Newsdesk:
    01342 323652

Editorial:
    News Desk
    Contact the EG Courier newsdesk if you have a news story or press release you'd like us to feature.
    Tel: 01342 323652
    Email: reporters.eastgrinstead@courier.co.uk

Readers Letters
    Air your views and opinions on our Letters page.
    Tel: 01342 323652
    Email: letters.eastgrinstead@courier.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  12. Anne Ominous Member

Oh dear, Graeme. Remember, as suggested above - you're a dick.
  13. momISanon Member

14. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

Query - This is the guy who had ben waging his own battle with CoS before Anon showed up, yes?

If so, then you faggots better back him to the hilt, know I will. I got to EG late on the First Great Raid Day, and was walking up the street with another Anon, towards the memorial. A taxi pulled over, and a man got out, and asked us if we were Anti-Sci protestors. We said Yes, and he beamed, and gave us epic encouragement. We traded flyers, and he later joined us at the memorial.

A WinRar is he.
  15. Sponge Member

I think SOCA is more like a "British FBI"
    SOCA | Serious Organised Crime Agency

Arguably, the cult could be said to be trying to interfere with the Taxi driver's livelihood.

It would be interesting to see the actual complaint that Wilson made to his employer.
  16. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

Query - This is the guy who had ben waging his own battle with CoS before Anon showed up, yes?

If so, then you faggots better back him to the hilt, know I will. I got to EG late on the First Great Raid Day, and was walking up the street with another Anon, towards the memorial. A taxi pulled over, and a man got out, and asked us if we were Anti-Sci protestors. We said Yes, and he beamed, and gave us epic encouragement. We traded flyers, and he later joined us at the memorial.

A WinRar is he.
  17. An0nand0n Member

Yes, this is him. I've already spammed this thread to OCMB and exsckids. exscn.net won't let me make an account so if someone could put it there I'd be grateful. I'm waiting to find out what the outcome of James's call to the lisencing people is.

So far the only fair gameish thing that's happened to him is that he's not allowed to go to st hill. I don't think this is enough to get him a lot of press coverage, but a few pre-emptive letters to the EG courier wouldn't go amiss.
  18. narCONon Member

Brighton Anon are quite close to East Winstead, so if nessisary we can make the trip up quite regularly.

Rest assured, we will defend James Talman with everything we have.
  19. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

Er, no. That's not quite appropriate.
  20. blackking Member

MI5 and MI6 are internal and external security services; more like CIA/NSA than FBI.
  21. momISanon Member

What is the British equivalent?
  22. Sponge Member

posted earlier in the thread:
    SOCA | Serious Organised Crime Agency
  23. Anne Ominous Member

Does anyone know exactly whereabouts on the site you can make a tip? Their contact pages don't list any means of doing so.
  24. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

It's not quite the same thing, and SOCA is certainly not going to be interested in this case.

This isn't yet a police matter anyway.

I strongly suggest that everyone hold off on sending harpoons to the police - and especially not anything like SOCA or MI5.

There isn't really a British equivalent to the FBI, because we don't really need one because the UK and US legal systems are entirely different.

If there is any need to contact the police, then the regular regional services will be fine.
  25. Sponge Member

Agreed.

Embarassment of Wilson and the cult in the local press would seem to be the most effective at the moment.
  26. Anon-007 Member

Isn't Rupert Pady the head of UK OSA ?

Or has he been moved?
  27. stuwyatt Member

I have not heard of him being replaced. As for being the head of UK OSA, his official title is CHIEF HAS (but I have no idea what HAS stands for) - but his responsibilities are that of UK Org and Mission security.
  28. SacreBleu Member

Here are some local press contacts (they are a little old):

The editor in East Grinstead is Karen Styan at above.

Also there is a free weekly newspaper, the East Grinstead Observer, contacts:
    editor@eastgrinsteadobserver.co.uk
    emily.bridges@essnmedia.co.uk (reporter who mainly covers EG)

The Brighton Argus, daily, covers some East Grinstead issues:
    jessica.bauldry@theargus.co.uk

West Sussex Gaxette: County newspaper:
    jeannie.knight@thenews.co.uk

Mid Sussex Times covers Haywards Heath but also villages around EG. (Mid Sussex District Council is the licencing authority for taxis & based in Haywards Heath)
    middynews@jpress.co.uk
    alex.christiemiller@sussexnewspapers.co.uk

Some other local radio tv contacts:
    southern.counties.radio@bbc.co.uk
    newsg.south@bbc.co.uk
    news@southernfm.co.uk
    news@meridiantv.com
    crawley.newsroom@musicradio.com (Radio Mercury in Crawley)

Which taxi firm does James work for - we can ask for him specifically.
  29. anonanchovie Member

Rupert Pady's full unabbreviated post title is: SENIOR HUBBARD ASSOCIATION SECRETARY UK. He is in charge of the Continental level HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE UNITED KINGDOM. He is responsible for the Ethics, Communications, Security and Personnel departments across the UK, the Saint Hill security force is under his (Chief of Security is Graham Wilkins, brother of Continental Finance Director Richard Wilkins. This is not the OSA man Graeme Wilson) Pady has a liaison function with OSA, he is not over OSA nor is he under OSA, he has an internal facing jurisdiction (All Scientology organizations in the UK, he also is the final UK authority on sending people to the RPF). OSA has an external facing jurisdiction. Wilson is actually the COSRECI Public Relations Officer, responsible for the good public repute of Scientology in the UK media and public eye. He is not doing very well thanks to you people.
  30. stuwyatt Member

THANK YOU for the clarification!!! :)

If Rupert is reading this, the offer of a coffee and a chat is still on the table.
  31. momISanon Member

Rupert..........you would have one, nice coffee buddy, there. Hope you take him up one it!
  32. Kilia Member

My prayers and best wishes are with the taxi driver, James Talman and the E.G Anons at this time. If James has been re-routed off the EG route, may he soon be re-instated.
    Bless him and all the Anons there for the courage to stand up for their convictions.
    <3
  33. basil Member

Londanon here on standby to come down to EG should it be necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if a few others would make the trip too.
  34. rasputin Member

Dammit. I met this guy back in May - he's a wonderful man, gave us a lift part of the way back from Saint Hill, was overjoyed to see that we were there. Don't want to give too many specifics, but the fight he's been carrying out alone is awe-inspiring.

Basically -

-this.

(I think I was the other Anon in question.)
  35. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

Okay - has anyone been in touch with the local news media yet?

If not, then I'll do it. I need a few bits of information though.

First - What's the name of the taxi firm? Contact details for them?

Second - Is the actual wording of the letter that was sent available? What specifically was said?

Third - Have the taxi firm actually responded in any way yet?
  36. An0nand0n Member

Boris, I can get these details for you tonight
  37. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

Cool.
  38. LazarusLulz Member

I'd like to know what firm he works for so we can call them and say we think he's a credit to them and we have already passed on their number to friends locally along with our personal recommendation.

Also, i'd like to tell them just how much we'd hate to have to mention, when we write to every single local paper, tv station, and radio station about how such a nice, helpful, friendly and responsible employee has suffered due to his employer's total lack of support and loyalty in the face of a morally bankrupt cult issuing false accusations and discrediting him to further their own ends. Hopefully it won't get to that but...

We need more citizens like Epic Taxi Guy. Makes me feel so much better about us humans when i meet chaps like him. Trying his best to do what is right, alone, and with no praise or reward sought except the reward of knowing doing something you believe in.

As he said, "If i managed to keep just one person out of the cult, it would be enough." He really was InB4 Anon...

"Sometimes, the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." You don't need Spock to tell you that the $cilon phrase "The greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics." is not the way we humans do things.

We come back... it's not just a shore story for us, we really do give a shit.
  39. Re: East Grinstead England: Anti Scientology Activist Possible Target For Fair Game

Nah uh. Don't say stuff like this unless it actually does go down that way. Sounds too much like a threat otherwise.
  40. basil Member

On what grounds do $ci actually think they have a basis to 'demand his removal from that route' apart from the threat of what they will do to give him grief if he doesn't?

This could be a big footbullet for the cult - again - if they go down that route.

How much do Saint Hill use local taxi companies? Perhaps they could all unite and boycott the place :)