Customize

Draw Muhamed day megathread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 10, 2010.

1. failboat Member

Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

My point is that your definitions would apply to FUNDAMENTALIST religious adherents.

You will find that the vast majority of religious adherents are not fundamentalists, and DO NOT necessarily believe and follow 100% of the moral/spiritual/social guidelines set forth by their faiths.

And you need to settle down a little.
  2. AnonKat Member

I can fap on Qu'ran ?
  3. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

I agree with you insofar as to say that some of the passages in the Qu'ran are vague, and as such, you must understand them in comparison with other parts of the Qu'ran.

But yes, discussion is over then. (I edited my post a bit, but that was directed at failboat, not you, so meh)

I do believe, that if I had a book, that I fully believed was the verbatim citation of Gods moral guide to me, then I would consider it 100% true and follow it by the word.
    I would consider any attempts to disregard solid passages in the book as an insult to God, and you as a Kafir.
  4. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

Well you are absolutely right, this ONLY applies to FUNDAMENTALISTS.

I believe that if you have Gods verbatim words written down as an established fact, then you have no choice but be a fundamentalist. Those words will be eternally right.

So you are exactly right, what I say only applies to fundamentalists, and I think anyone who claims to be a muslim, but who is willing to disregard parts of the Qu'ran is not a muslim.
  5. RandoAnon Member

People say it's disrespectful and use the argument that if it was about blacks or jews nobody would do it. People don't expect black people and jews to threaten someones life if someone makes fun of them. Islamic extremist threaten life and have taken life for less then a comical depiction of there big wig prophet. They stone people of different sects of the same religion.

They have Moral police who can have you put to death or imprison you for not following there religious dogma. They cut off the noses of young girls who smile at a boy they may like. I mean wtf is that? Thats not civilized what so ever. Then you get the argument that Christians have done the same. Sure they did the same. Back in the dark ages. Not that I support Christianity,Judaism,Mormonism,Buddhism etc etc on and on forever.

islam4kids.jpg
  6. failboat Member

ok, just so we're clear.
  7. Anonymous Member

So you're an extremist, iow. Nice.

Also I gotta say I like how you get that subtle insult in there, that anyone who is religious therefore must not have any logical deduction or independent/critical thinking skills.
  8. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

We're not clear. It would only apply if you have a book that is gods words verbatim.
  9. themadhair Member

Is it just me, or is the constant attempt to redefine what free speech is from so-called moderates a little bit creepy? Almost every article on google news written by a moderate tries to do just this.
  10. Anonymous Member

So answer me this.

If it's God's words verbatim why did he have a prophet write it down then have passages in side that allow people to interpret for themselves?
  11. RandoAnon Member

Whats moderate? Half zealot? or 75%
  12. failboat Member

I think you need to list which faiths claim to have books that are "God's words verbatim," and you need to redefine what Fundamentalism is for people whose religions don't have a God.

Note I capitalized "Holy Book." It was meant to denote the hypothesized Holy Book's authority Re: all things, whether God exists or not for said faith.
  13. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

I said I won't discuss this further.

I believe it is gods words verbatim 100% to a muslim, and only open to understanding within itself. If you don't fine.
  14. Anonymous Member

lol, nice.
  15. Random guy Member

Furfags:

There are lots of reasonable Muslims who approach the Koran the same way most Christians does the bible: As the word of god as interpreted by man. The problem is that the immigrant population in Europe are in the squeeze these days (economy and such), and the Arab world is badly oppressed by their own governments, and in order to make a "safety vent", they blame the West for everything that goes wrong. Under those circumstances, it is very hard to raise the voice of reason.

Actually, some do, but the Western press largely ignore them because reasonable people with a reasonable message won't sell.

There is nothing denying that there are far more extreme Muslims than there are Extreme Christians. Blaming all that on ol' Mo is hardly fair. The average Muslim is poorer and has lower education than the average Christian. This alone explains quite a bit of the difference. When you live in a world where a bad turn of the weather or a broken leg on your donkey is the difference between life and death for your family, it is hard to be reasonable.

The real difference between the Koran and the Bible (particularly the New Testament) is that the first was written by the winning side of a conflict, the latter by the loosing side of a conflict. Mohamed thus could sit down and make detailed laws and rules, while the early Christians did concentrate on the spiritual stuff. Notice that most of the stuff from the NT that bug modern people (homosexuality, status of women) was written by Paul, who were the only one of the contributors in a position to make rules. This does not excuse radical Muslims from being fuckheads (an gives them no right to dictate what other people might or might not draw), but understanding underlying causes never hurt.

Here's a nice picture btw, though the Prophet, being all perfect and stuff really ought to find a better sword.

19b.jpg
  16. AnonKat Member

Flying Korans kill infidel Salman Rushdie with lightnings and fire

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eoNLlHzPhI]YouTube - Flying Korans kill infidel Salman Rushdie with lightnings and fire[/ame]
  17. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

I see where you are coming from, Random Guy, and I agree with you on it all but one thing:

I just simply disagree with the possibility that a believing muslim can see the Qu'ran as the word of god as interpreted by man.

I see it as one of the most central parts of the Islamic belief system, that the Qu'ran is the word of god.

If there was to be an islamic reform, then this might change, so that it would not be regarded as the word of god, but rather, like the bible, the word of god as interpreted by man.

TL;DR:

If Qu'ran is word of god as interpreted by man, then it might not be more dangerous that any other religion.

If Qu'ran is word of god written down verbatim, then it is to be opposed due to it's content.
  18. failboat Member

Basically, you are saying that the ID of the Qu'ran as "God's Holy Word," means that a True Muslim must be a Fundamentalist, and those who claim to be Muslims without following the Qu'ran in 100% of its directives Can Not be True Muslims.

I want to know what other religions, in your critical eye, have Holy Books that are the final Word of God.

I'm puzzled that you, obviously a non-Muslim, would take it upon yourself to define for ALL Muslims what it means to be a Muslim. Surely your understanding of the subject of faith is superior to my own, if you can make such sweeping statements with conviction. </SARCASM>
  19. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

Yes, to the first part.

I cba to answer the last bit sorry, it would take a lot of research, and tbh I can't think of any other off the bat (other than L. Ron Hubbard to some extent haha)I'm going to go take a pee now, brush my teeth and go to sleep. Tomorrow I will go fishing, so this will prolly be the last from me for now.
  20. veravendetter Member

oh noes, it went all ghey
  21. Random guy Member

Actually, the only requirement for being a Muslim is (according to the Koran anyway) is to believe the following:
    Ash-hadu an laa ilaha illa-lah, Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah
    (roughly that there is but one God, whose name (in Arabic) is Allah, and whose prophet is Mohamed).

That's it. Nothing there about taking the Koran as gods words verbatim. Things like Hadj, stoning, Sharia laws etc is optional and depends on the brand of Islam. It's a bit like Christianity: As long as you buy into John 3:16, you're a Christian. You don't need to take Sundays off or like the pope or anything. The ban on depicting Mohamed is one of those optionals (it's not even in the Koran, but in one of the supplement hadith).

Proof of this is the fact that there are branches of Islam where drawing the Prophet is quite acceptable (see picture I posted for example, here are a few more). Bout the Persians and Ottomans painted pictures of him at their hearts content. Granted, the Wahabit type Muslims consider them heathens, but then again you'll find the same type of bollocks in branches of Christianity (ever heard a Pentacostal talk about a Greek Orthodox vice versa?).

I guess you'll find very few if any Muslims these days saying the Koran is flawed, but you'll find plenty of disagreement as to what actually goes under the Koran, and what is just optional supplements.
  22. Anonymous Member

Heres a better sword
    19b.jpg
  23. Random guy Member

LOL!
  24. Anonymous Member

NOPE!! Do to HAckerfaggotry/facebookfaggotry or administrator faggotry draw muhammed day hsaa turned to &quot;draw muhammed all year round&quot; YAY!
  25. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

Only if you include cults of personality. Otherwise, FAIL!
  26. themadhair Member

27. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

Really? I found it funny. I really found it funny when I considered what makes it in newspapers in Muslim nations. What about the caricatures of Christians and Jews in every facet of their press? What about the Muslim answer to Mickey Mouse who ended the series by portraying a suicide bomber? I could go on and on, but I won't.
  28. manly man Member

*barf ^^^^
  29. Anonymous Member

why the fuck are you writing stuff and not pasting drawings guise?
  30. manly man Member

I know ha... XD
  31. Anonymous Member

pizza.jpg
  32. Anonymous Member

pussymo.jpg
  33. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

But no one gives me goatsie Mohammed ? I am offended at this.
  34. Anonymous Member

peaceblood.jpg
  35. Anonymous Member

itsatrap.jpg
  36. Shinythings Member

Fucking lol'ed!
  37. Anonymous Member

howdareyou.jpg