Customize

Dr. Megan Shields loves the Narconon program

Discussion in 'Martin Ottmann' started by Martin Ottmann, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Quentinanon Member

"She has been in private family practice since 1980."
    Not true. Shields was promoting her medical practice as early as 1977. I met her back then and she gave me her "on-source doctor" pitch.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 1209673743499.gif
    REGISTER NOW or LOGIN to Visit The Online Store ...
    [IMG]NOT REGISTERED? Click on the "REGISTER HERE" button above or the "Register Now" link (left side of this page).

ALREADY REGISTERED? Just click on the "LOG IN" button above or the "Log In Now" box (left side of this page) and insert your unique username and password.

On this visit, you will have the chance to purchase quality health supplements -- specifically targeted by G. MEGAN SHIELDS, MD and J. KELLER WORTHAM, MDto your wellness needs.

Please visit our main site at www.optimum-wellness.net.

Already Registered? Please Log In here.

To register, please Click here.
    G. Megan Shields M.D.
    This message by G. Megan Shields M.D. has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
  3. wolfbane Member

I would to find those "published papers" as no reputable medical journal approves a paper for publication without including the author(s) short bio of credentials. And if she left her board certification expire, it won't be listed nor likely to be published in a real medical journal.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Prolotherapy is an unproven technique.

In the 1980s, we could report a doctor promoting a new, unproven therapy and they'd have to answer to their state board of medicine. But the laws changed a few years ago. A doctor is now protected so long as he can point to a few other "integrative" doctors doing the same nonsensical thing. This is bad for patients, but it isn't a problem doctors themselves can fix. The laws in every state must be changed by the people of those states.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Board Certifications used to be for life. The year I sat for the boards, however, they began requiring re-certification every ten years. And now they've added a bunch of Scientology in between those ten year cycles. Ok not exactly Scientology, but some other stupid stat gathering time wasting thing that makes sense to MBAs but not to me.
  6. Gottabrain Member

Ugh! Meghan Shields! What a goofy quack of a doctor!

Sick? Have a Vit B12 shot! Here - hold the vitamins in each hand and see which hand is lower! Oh yeh, she did this. For years - in the 80s.

God forbid Meghan Shields ever do something actually medically appropriate, like take an x-ray, set a bone.

Did she EVER even prescribe antibiotics? Not that I know of. COS always sent staff to her though. Ugh!
  7. O
    ptimum Wellness Medical Group is a Family Medical Practice that has been providing general medical care for the whole family, including pediatrics and gynecology, for over twenty-five years. In addition to providing routine family medical care we specialize in Prolotherapy and Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy for joint pain and injury recovery. Additionally Cosmetic PRP is delivered as a highly effective facial skin rejuvination therapy. Our Doctors also medically supervise the highly successful Fat Flush weight loss program and the Releana oral hCG low calorie diet.

At Optimum Wellness we offer personal, friendly and thorough service, from our receptionist to our nurses, to our physicians.

Natural Health Solutions

Our doctors implement state-of-the-art modern medical treatment and diagnostic techniques when necessary. However, we also specialize in finding natural and nutritional solutions to many health problems commonly treated with prescription medications, such as high cholesterol, hypertension and diabetes. One natural solution is Prolotherapy, which is an alternative treatment for chronic pain. Optimum Wellness also carries a large selection of medical-grade nutritional supplements for our patient's convenience.
    We look forward to helping you achieve your health care goals.

Locations serviced

Optimum Wellness Medical Group is located on the 5th floor of the Glendale Medical Arts Building in Glendale, CA. We also service the communities of Burbank, Altadena, Pasadena, Hollywood, La Canada, Eagle Rock, Atwater, Los Angeles, Silver lake, Highland Park, La Crescenta, Alhambra, Echo Park, Monterey Hills, Monterey Park, Sherman Oaks, and Encino California.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Hello doctor.
    I have a problem.
    I have past life experiences intruding on present time.
    You're experience with scientology should help?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

Remind me never to move to Glendale.
  10. Yes, contact me asap:
    E-mail: optwell1030 at yahoo.com.
    Telephone: 818.547.5400 Fax: 818.547.3380
    1030 S. Glendale Avenue, Suite 503
    Glendale, CA 91205
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. HellRazor Member

It's also possible that she retired and therefore did not keep up her board certification. Or did I miss the fact that she's still quacking?
  12. DeathHamster Member

She's still listed at the top of the Meet the Doctors page at "Optimum Wellness Medical Group", which used to be headed by Dr Gene Denk.
  13. masthead.jpg
    Dr. G. Megan Shields
    http://www.optimum-wellness.net/
    E-mail: optwell1030 at yahoo.com.
    Telephone: 818.547.5400 Fax: 818.547.3380
    1030 S. Glendale Avenue, Suite 503
    Glendale, CA 91205
  14. HellRazor Member

15. Found at:
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/06/16/EDG4T763O51.DTL
    ====================
    [snip]
    Narconon responds
    Editor -- Your article on the Narconon drug rehabilitation and
    prevention program correctly describes certain components of this
    mainstream social-educational model ("Scientology linked to public
    schools,'' June 9). However, your interpretation and
    oversimplification of the science behind this program does addiction
    medicine a disservice.

I was asked to be Narconon International Science Advisory Board
    medical director as a result of having personally treated thousands of
    people with the Hubbard body detoxification protocol. Literally
    thousands of enrolling Narconon clients have received medical
    physicals by me prior to doing Hubbard's sauna cleansing program.
    Therefore, I can attest to results from extensive direct experience
    and professional observation.

Additionally, in a seminal case study, I demonstrated, along with
    other researchers, that the Hubbard method successfully mobilizes
    drugs stored in body tissues to be excreted in sweat and urine. We
    presented these results to the 123rd American Public Health
    Association conference in 1995. Samples of sweat and urine were
    collected from patients addicted to cocaine, amphetamine and valium on
    entry into the Narconon treatment program and then every two days
    during treatment with the Hubbard sauna method. Using a very sensitive
    assay, we demonstrated low or undetectable levels following a period
    of abstinence that were markedly elevated during the sauna program.

In a separate review of results, we monitored physical and emotional
    health in 249 clients enrolled in the Narconon drug-treatment program
    and showed improvement. Clients reported marked reductions in drug
    cravings.

The recent Service Research Outcome Study national survey completed by
    Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration shows that
    our national "success rate'' in treating drugs is only a 21 percent
    average reduction in use. Youth are the unhappy exception, showing a
    13 percent increase in alcohol abuse and a 202 percent increase in
    crack use following treatment.

Given such unacceptable treatment results, it is clear that prevention
    is essential. I would hope that therapies with sound scientific
    rationale would be supported. A true expert would not be so quick to
    discredit an approach that by your own report, clearly gets a positive
    result.

G. MEGAN SHIELDS, M.D.
    Optimum Wellness Medical Group

Medical Director,
    Narconon International
    Los Angeles
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. DeathHamster Member

17. HellRazor Member

Looks like Dr. Wortham is not board certified either.
  18. I have booked an appointment.
    Thank you doctor.
    <3 cancer pants.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. From: barbz
    Subject: Scientologist elder abuse
    Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:07:44 -0800
    Message-ID: <422a119f$1@news2.lightlink.com>
    Leo Dunkley allowed his elderly mother to die because he didn't want to go to a "strange doctor."
    The hardcopy version of the paper mentions that the Los Angeles doctors he favored are Scientologists. This is not mentioned in the online version.
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050108/news_1mc8dunckley.html
    and here: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/01/07/news/coastal/del_mar/22_04_051_6_05.txt
    and here, he apparently lies about the care he provided: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/01/06/news/coastal/del_mar/21_46_571_5_05.txt
    Dunkley is mentioned in Scientology completion lists: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/ccint/celebrity-1980-09.html
    and here: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/auditor/auditor297.html
    Eleanor, his mother, is mentioned here: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/ccint/celebrity017min.html
    How many people have to die because of Scientologists' irrational fear of medicine and "wog doctors?"
    Was she subjected to touch assists rather than real medicine?
    barb

Subject: Re: why did Scientology get dropped from the online edition?
    Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:37:09 -0800
    Message-ID: <422a50c2$1@news2.lightlink.com>
    In-Reply-To: <2qjk219ddsbcir7fbp3v0dk6k8pqurg9uj@4ax.com>

Tilman Hausherr wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:22:28 -0800, barbz <xenubarb@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>My dad brought a clip from the Union Tribune today. Oddly, the whole
    >>paragraph about the guy who let his mother die of neglect being a
    >>Scientologist was not included in the online edition.
    >>Go figure.
    >
    >
    > Do you mean that there was another paragraph than this one?
    >
    > Stein said Dunckley preferred those doctors because they, like himself,
    > were members of the Church of Scientology. Stein said Dunckley ignored
    > the doctors' advice that he take his mother to a doctor or emergency
    > room in San Diego County.

Here is the missing paragraph:
    "Stein said Dunckley preferred those doctors because they, like himself, were members of the church of scientology. Stein said Dunckley ignored the doctors' advice that he take his mother to a doctor or emergency room in San Diego County.

Subject: isn't this special
    Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:59:39 -0800
    Message-ID: <422a5608$1@news2.lightlink.com>
    The story about the stupid cultie who neglected his mother to death... for some reason all mention of this shit head's link to Scientology has been removed from all the online news articles.
    What's up with that?
    Fucker was a clam. He killed his mom because of Scientology's moronic attitude towards medicine. He lied. She died.
    And yet, several online news services have, in the course of a few hours, deleted all mention of Scientology in their articles.
    Mikey Gormez, this is another one for whyaretheydead. I'll scan the hard copy so y'all can compare it to the online story. Why is the local paper, the San Diego Union-Tribune, covering up this story like a turd in a cat box? Hmmmm?
    barb

Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:14:49 -0800
    Subject: Leo Dunkley, Scientologist and mother killer
    Message-ID: <422a599a$1@news2.lightlink.com>
    http://www.sdcda.org/case/high_profile2.php#167492133820 Suspect: Leo James Dunkley Charge: Willful Cruelty To Elder/dependent Adult - Gbi Or Death DOB: 05/08/1942 Court No.: CD172929 Prosecutor: Robert Stein Defense: Jerry Leahy Synopsis: Solana Beach man charged with elder abuse that resulted in his mother's death. Custody Status: Notification letter sent Next Court Date: Sentencing Hearing, Mar 4 2005 1:30PM, Department 24, San Diego Superior Court, North County Division, Vista Regional Cent

Subject: oddly enough
    Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:17:47 -0800
    Message-ID: <422a5a49$1@news2.lightlink.com>
    Now, a google search for Leo Dunkley doesn't even give any good results. This morning at least, we got the article on his mother's death due to neglect, which online omitted his link to Scientology, and hers as well.
    What the f is going on here??? I've posted a scan of the hard copy article to abs. I can't even find the online article now! Isn't that just...special! barb

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/scientology-mother-death.htm
  20. I'm glad we were able to fit you in quickly, my practice growing at an explosive rate!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

Dear Quack Dr. G. Megan Shields.......see you in court soon in Oklahoma. :pSuCKA
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Gottabrain Member

My wager is she doesn't show for court and hides to avoid subpoena. Megan Shields must know what a dizzy blonde she sounds like when she speaks, and she's a lot older now, too.