Customize

Double Helix Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2010.

1. xeoii Member

Re: Double Helix Water

Skeptic l337: What you're done is called electrolysis, specifically, of water. You're using energy (DC) to push a non-spontaneous reaction forward. The reaction here is the formation of two H2 and one O2 molecule from two water molecules. Both gases are combustable and has been proposed as an alternative energy source. But, like you're using the battery, the energy out is not enough to cover energy in, so it's inefficient. So it isn't air electricity, sorry.

Yin's Baser project was taken as intellectual property of a government, I think it was Austrailia, due to the potential weapon applications.

Ersatz: Original thread poster was identifying David Gann's (who is a scientologist) current work on stable water clusters as a scam. Simply put, Gann's a scientologist, so all his work can't be trusted. I've been defending the work, which has nothing to do with scientology.
  2. Skeptic1337 Member

You are wrong, it is electricity in it's gaseous state and no amount of you blabbering about electrolysis (wtf no one is getting a mustache removed) is going to make it so.
  3. xeoii Member

1) You are wrong, electricity is the flow of electrons. Saying electricity in it's gaseous state is like saying a pitcher's throw is in a gaseous state. Electricity is an action. 2) If no amount of my blabbering will convince you that you are wrong, then why did you bring it up in the first place?
  4. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Does that answer your question Ersatz?
  5. Skeptic1337 Member

Obviously a pitcher throwing is his metaphysical self overcoming gravity. Duh every one knows that.
  6. Anonymous Member

Dear Laundry Ball Guy

So your water magic is as real as homeopathy now? You must be a real genius not to be biased by those current medical dogmas. Have you worked with perpetual motion too, ignoring that thermodynamic dogma?

If the Queen of England is buying it, consider me sold, too.

And people think there's no basis to the water magic just because actual legitimate tests can't reproduce any results and there's no demonstrable basis to it? What absolute spoilsports. People like that are the sort that would think your laundry balls were a scam, too.

Scientology!
  7. Anonymous Member

I've discovered some special water that looks interesting.

I theorize that it can probably cure cancer and asthma, just because it is special.

I call it Placebowater.

I'm sure that it works just as well as double helix water.

Check it out. It follows scientology principles.

Structured Water Pseudoscience and Quackery
  8. Anonymous Member

I hope xeoii comes back.

I would love to discuss the laundry balls and double helix water scientifically.

I'm ready to be convinced.
  9. Ogsonofgroo Member

It really is. A very good read, level headed, unbiased, and makes a tonne of sense too.
    Thank you for that link.

Laundry balls? Lmao! Is this a disease from when you wear the same pair of undies all summer w/o washing 'em?

But seriously (not), for thousands of years humans have used 'laundry rocks' with great success, I aim to improve on this technology and mine/gather smaller ones to add to your wash and improve cleaning..... 3.99$ apiece, guaranteed for the life of your washing machine XP
  10. Anonymous Member

Get ready for a load of uncritical woo to counteract that.

Double-Helix Water For Migraine, Diabetes and Brain Tumor

And they are selling this shit.
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

From good site re laundry balls and our pall David Gann. Includes an SP declare for embarrassing Scientology. David missed out on one.
    American Technologies Group: What Are They Up To?
  13. Ogsonofgroo Member

Fuck, to tired to disect this 'Dr.'s' woo, did he get his degree from the same place Hubbard did?
    Good fucking leapin-frozen-frogs-onna-stick BattyBoy! I think these guys are just pissed someone started selling bottle water and they didn't get in on the ground floor? Lmao at the 'infra-red' 'proof', wtf? How about sending some majik water to several universities so they can photograph the double helix's? Electron microscopes, fun fun. I'd lerves to see that.
    Seems these shit-heels have been scamming people for years with all sorts of quackery, ties to scilontology? why would I be surprised?
  14. As ifness Member

Now, I don't just want xeoii to come back here and splain it. I want David Gann himself. ;)
  15. DeathHamster Member

Ah, I see. So the intellectual property of a Nevada, USA corporation was seized by the government of Australia.

They probably seize all those magic carburetors too, curse them!
  16. Anonymous Member

Damn those Australians, cruising around in their 400 mpg cars.

If they steal the Scientology Double Helix water, I have an alternative called Scientology Ice Water. It's a combination of water and crystalized water. The crystalls are much harder and more solid than the Scientology Double Helix Crystals.

Three subjects who drank the Scientology Ice Water experienced a significant and temporary drop in body temperature - perhaps greater than caused by the Scientology Double Helix water at room temperature. This obviously helps cure cancer and shit.
  17. Anonymous Member

18. pedrofcuk Member

His fb reads like a CV (resumé to you stateside folks).
  19. DeathHamster Member

Résumé since the root-word is French.
  20. Anonymous Member

Australians and Kiwis - this is not an invitation to use root-words. Keep it clean.
  21. Alchemist Member

A lot of misinformation and irrelevancies are flying around on this thread.
    Let me try to get some of them out of the way.

First, Homeopathy has plenty of well designed double blind trials to show it's efficacy and that link to the skeptic vet site is just plain wrong. Also, not that all homeopathic RCT don't show effects but that's no different than standard medical treatments. Also, some recent meta-analysis by homeopathy detractors/"skeptics" have been deliberately and illegitimately fudged to show no effect ... but that's been exposed.

How Homeopathic substances work at such extreme dilutions is an interesting question that is really at the core of the debate ... besides the threat to "big pharma."

One proposed mechanisms has to do with water clusters of different kinds. It turns out that the science of water isn't the high school biochemistry science most are familiar with. Materials scientists have know this for a few years already and it's more of physics misunderstanding issue than a biochemistry understanding issue which is causing all the problems.

Look at these sites, articles and presentations for more on these issues:

The Case for Homeopathic Medicine: Consider the Historical and Scientific Evidence

Water structure and science

The Structure of Liquid Water; Novel Insights from Materials Research; Potential Relevance to Homeopathy

HOWEVER, this "double helix water" stuff isn't necessarily a homeopathic water preparation.

I've listened to Gann's videos on his site but he appears not to understand three crucial elements involved with homeopathic remedies.

First, is matching a preparation to the symptom presentation. The closer the preparation can induce the same symptoms as the disease the better. Essentially, this "fakes out" the body by increasing the "signal strength" it "sees" so the "wellness/self-healing" response can be activated. In chronic conditions our bodies threshold to respond to the condition has been set dysfunctionally to high. The matched homeopathic preparation increases "signal strength" in a non-harmful way, activating innate healing mechanisms and readjusting the healing response threshold back towards normal at the same time. Chronic conditions are actually cured.

Second, succussion must happen between successive homeopathic dilutions. Gann does not mention this in his "understanding" of homeopathy.

Third, homeopathic preparations need to be made in glass. Plastic doesn't work for some reason and this may have to do with the "silica hypothesis" which is another possible mechanism for imprinting water.

Besides these issues of misunderstanding, there are some past business concerns that make people a bit wary of "double helix water." However, research studies and some independent replications would help settle the doubt/trust factors.

Debunking is just un-constructive noise and just another form of quackery.
  22. Anonymous Member

A new defender of "big placebo" appears...
  23. Anonymous Member

Too bad that you are a champion contributor to the credulous misinformation, Mr/Ms Magic Water.

Yeah, like those people who noisily debunk Unicorns, Phlogiston and Dianetics. What rotten spoilsports. And black is white, too. Big Pharma just won't let the 'scientists' say so.
  24. Anoniemert Member

No.
    Your pseudoscience, by definition, does not trump science.
    There has been NO "meta-analysis" by skeptics that was "fudged on purpose" and that has been exposed as such.
    What DID happen is that skeptics unmasked your pseudoscience's fake double blind tests and proved beyond any shadow of doubt that Homeopathy is fake.

Other then your anecdotal claims there are no sources to back up any of your pseudoscience and there are 1000's of sources to back up the real science that says homeopathy is a fraud.

I really like how you think this is an ongoing debate.
    Kinda like creationists, they also think that their pet peeve is a real, important and ongoing debate while in reality they are the only ones that care their fairy tales.

In reality "big pharma" isn't scared of homeopathy AT ALL and does not have to conconct all sorts of weird conspiracy plots to stop the general public from knowing this "truth"
    If Homeopathy was real then Big Pharma would be all over it, promoting and selling it.
    They are companies, they are in it to make money.
    Crushing imaginary competition using imaginary plots in order to keep the industry focused on an expensive process instead of allowing the industry to use a cheap process but yet charge the same is bad for business and as such they dont.
    The entire fact that Big Pharma is not selling your quackery should be proof enough that it is fake.
    Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

also, Your post contains entirely to much made up terms and words.
    I hate, with a burning passion, all quacks, snake oil peddlers, salesmen of false hope and people like you who regurgitate their evil and destructive lies.
    You represent greed and all that is wrong in the world.

I consider physically and mentally hurting and abusing people such as these to be one of the greatest virtues there is, you can do no greater good then to torture a quack or one who regurgitates their killing lies.

I honestly hope you die a horrible slow death as soon as possible so that you can no longer poision those around you with your life altering insanity.

You probably do not even realise that you are the cause of pain and unneeded deaths for people.

I'll now happily take my infraction for wanting you dead and for the pure and beautiful hatred that I feel for you and your ilk
  25. Anonymous Member

Well said, Sir.
  26. Anonymous Member

Both you, AND Gann, have failed to account for the Unicorn wee that makes homeopathic water quite so magical. I hope this clears up a few misconceptions.
  27. subgenius Member

Now I get it.
    $cientology=homeopathy for the mind.
  28. Anonymous Member

You know what they call alternative medicine that has been proven to work beyond mere placebo?

Medicine.

If something is still called alternative medicine, there is a reason.

And LOL at using Dana Ullman as a source to prove homeopathy is science. Whenever that joker posts on Huffington Post, the comments kill him and his lack of sources and logic.

2po86z7.jpg

[IMG]

[IMG]
  29. Anonymous Member

Homeopathy, as an alternative medicine, has been PROVEN by alternative science. Do the alternative math. Magic water is helpful for treating alternative diseases in alternative universes, when there is no other alternative.
  30. Spangly Member

Obligatory Mitchell & Webb:

Also awesome and worth including, Tim Minchin's "Storm":
  31. Incredulicide Member

Thanks, true and beautiful sentiments.
  32. exOT8Michael Member

So, is Double Helix Water, H2O with OT powers?

OT powers, ...oh, wait....

And I prefer the term Gayeopathy rather than Homeopathy.
  33. Triumph Member

[STRIKE]most [/STRIKE]ALL of it is contained in this post

Wha?
  34. Ersatz Global Moderator

Some one remind me why we haven't domed this shit?
  35. subgenius Member

Thread is about a scilon scam.
    Just needs to get back on track.
  36. Anonymous Member

I agree. This is a worthwhile thread about a classic scientologist-run scam.

It's good if Joe Q Public can find this thread when he searches for "Double Helix Water".

Domed, is exactly what David Gann, the scam-meister would like.

I request that this thread be de-domed.
  37. According to a scientologist's FB post, David Gann and Dr. Shui-yin Lo will be interviewed by Vikki Georges Hufnagel on 99.5 WBAI New York this Sunday @ 5pm (Jan 8).

Vikki's radio program is called The Ethical Doctor. A cursory google search shows Vikki had her Dr. License revoked in 1996 and yet:

"In the last few years while her license has been revoked, petitioner has been performing surgeries on women at a hospital in Tijuana, Mexico. It was not established that she is practicing medicine in this state but she is using her publications, internet websites, and staff of her non-profit organization to solicit patients for surgery, obtain medical information or histories, and arrange for the patients to travel to Tijuana for surgery for uterine fibroids or other gynecological conditions."
    http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/hufnagel/order_2004.shtml

I don't know how she has a radio show, but the point is, it looks like a bunch of scam artists are selling their snake-oil on the radio.

I don't know if they will be taking calls or not but I thought I would post the info I had.

Note, I see no prior Scientology connection for Vikki.
  38. DeathHamster Member

Hopefully she'll go the way of "doctor" Hulda -zapper- Clark.
  39. Anonymous Member

So, scilon is trying to sell magic water.

Maybe scilon should try to sell magic canned air from Freewinds, exhaled by OT VIIIs. Guaranteed BT-free CO2.
  40. Anonymous Member

Shame about the asbestos.