Customize

"Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anon-and-on-and-anon, Apr 16, 2008.

1. "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

From the Dutch article translation elsewhere. The Scilon representative says: “They are barking dogs in front of a firetruck. We are that truck, trying to extinguish fires. All they do is cause turmoil, while all we're trying to do is create a better society.”

Oddly, I've seen this exact phrase a couple of times in web comments etc. It seems to be new, but coming from a number of disparate sources.

Presumably they have a centralised PR for response to Anonymous...

So, catchy responses ?

My thought: "More like dogs chasing the child-catcher's van from Chitty-chitty bang-bang ?"
  2. anon-lond-uk Member

3. Re: "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

Well checked!

From RJ67. (Discussing "Supressives" oddly enough...)

Wow, that insult is 40 years old!

EDIT: the rest of "Ron's Journal 67" is just rambling shite as far as I can be bothered reading. Although he does bring in the "Confederation of Galaxies" and some 75 million year references so I would expect it to be OT material now ?
  4. indeedindeed Member

Re: "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

so from their point of view fighting against this would be quite mad? agreed, but someone needs to tell the people who employed PIs and Latham&Watkins and wasted so much money in the process! They can't even get their propaganda metaphors straight.
  5. anon-lond-uk Member

If like you say, the tape is a load of rambling rubbish, and the tape is itself one of many tapes, then it's funny that everyone should be repeating this one, arcane phrase simultaneously around the world...

Like you said in your first post, most likely the sceinos have received an official PR memo re: Anon.

LOL
  6. albinocat Member

It would be nice than an Anonymous member would use this same meme in an interview but now with "Firetruck = Anonymous" and "Dogs = Scientologists".

“Scientologists are barking dogs in front of a firetruck. Anonymous is the truck, trying to extinguish fires. All they do is cause turmoil, while all we're trying to do is create a better society without the Scientology Corporation.”
  7. anonhuff Member

I liken them to "PR fires" and the dogs are barking truth.
  8. Edges Member

Scientology is like a fireman gone mad, drunkenly swerving his truck around the streets, running over cats and small children in his haste to get to fires that only he can see.
  9. Re: "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

I lol'd! :lol:
  10. romanonandon Member

BAD dogs!
    Old news but relevant here:
    From Mysterious Property Buyer to Community Presence - Los Angeles Times

quote:
    "
    Chavez said it finally occurred to him that the Scientologists had used the training to establish their own crew on the base when he learned they had bought a firetruck.

"I think they pimped us for training for quite a while," he said."
  11. anonchoir Member

Fucking win!
  12. Two Beans Member

They're gonna have to get a dog for the dogs chasing their firetruck.
  13. Elron Huppert Member

^^ THIS
  14. The Admiral Member

THIS, OH MY BROTHERS
  15. Re: "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

its not really a meme if it propagated only because David Miscavige ordered everyone to start saying it
  16. Re: "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

When a scilon fire truck turns its sirens on it will sound like this:
    "BAAAAAWWWWWWWWW BAAAAWWWWWWWW BAAAAWWWWWWW"
  17. random Member

th_60503_bawwww_122_224lo.jpg
  18. mudkipstoat23 Member

Kind of works, but I don't think my dog would ever forgive me if she thought I equated her to $cientology, even only metaphorically.
  19. number 6 Member

Kind of like how L. Ron Hubbard mistook an inanimate object for a Japanese submarine during World War II.
  20. Hatonymous Member

Forced memes are still memes, as annoying as they are. At least this one is lulzy because we can turn it around on them.

Don't forget the $cilon fire truck's companion, the Volunteer Ministers' Waaambulance.
  21. Anon453453 Member

This is one of their 'worldwide' statements. Like the whole cyber/domestic communist terrorists reading Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto thing.

I think that part of Anonymous being Anonymous is that, to an extent, it will be culturally biased to the local culture. So to use such a broad sweeping statement is not only rediculous but somewhat hilarious.

Every so often the head org must issue these statements down the series of tubes. Is it worth documenting these here? (I've started doing it on our cell's forum)
  22. moose Member

guess who's wearing a red helmet and GF mask next raid..

<---

:)
  23. Azrael Member

Considering the identical nature of the metafore both where you are, and here in holland,
    i think what were dealing with is not an oppinion, but yet another policy.
    apparently management has put out a memo to say we should now be reffered to
    in this manner.

our response might simply expose this uniformity and lack of thought behind it?
  24. Anon453453 Member

I guess the only downside to that course of action is explaining our own similar behaviour. I know that we know that Anons do things for their own reasons. But try explaining to the 'mass' media why Anonymous uses the same message (eg, We do not forgive. We do not forget.). In their eyes it's most likely the same thing.

My suggestion is for Anons to state that such 'standard' statements have come about by acceptance of the whole, they would not exist if the majority did not believe in them. In comparison CoS statements are most likely generated by the head org and passed down to the rest; they are most likely accepted regardless of what the content actually is. Unfortunately this is not something that I have seen personally so at this stage that is my theory.

Can anyone confirm head org statements and that lower orgs are simply toeing the line?

P.S. Yes I'm aware that question is almost rediculous, but we need hard evidence before stating fact.
  25. mickol Member

Does this mean we're not a Herd of Cats anymore?
  26. mickol Member

oops triple post :(
  27. Anon453453 Member

Actually, when I think about it, our statements are very similar to CoS with a couple key differences. Also note, I'm talking about distribution of statements, not content.

Our statements are not made by 'leaders' and do not have to be followed. Individuals can choose to accept as much or as little of the message as they deem worthy.

Secondly, there is nothing to stop individuals from modifying the original statement for whatever reason and for whatever purpose.

I may have missed something but, barring anything I missed, our statements are made by an individual (who may accept input from others) and used by many.
  28. Whitehatv2 Member

We can be that too.
  29. mickol Member

Re: &quot;Dogs chasing a fire truck&quot; -Scilon meme ?

dogs scare me... dogs and curtains or worse curtains with dogs on them

74070862_tp.jpg

/shudder
  30. Re: "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

We are the herd of cats in front of your firetruck.
  31. none given Member

we could almost theme a raid around this. only us and them would get it but it would really piss them off.
  32. K_Anon Member

^^
    "$cientology has gone to the dogs" - Highlight treatment of people in Orgs at the hands of upper management or use it to talk about Miscavage's hostile takeover of the cult
    "$cientology: It's barking mad" - Psychiatry and crazy $cilons
    "$cientology: The wolf in sheep's clothing" - Their 'religion' and why it doesn't deserve the perks of more legitimate religions

Hmm, it would need some ironing out but this could work :)
  33. Re: "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

The RJ67 tape, made in the Canary Islands just after Hubbard discovered the 'way through' the 'wall of fire' (OTIII, Xenu, BT's etc) is the carrot used on Scn underlings - it's the main piece of propaganda that is dangled in front of those who are not yet "OT" to inspire them to go further in to the madness. Remember, OTIII is sooper sekrit. So this tape is big mysticism and has bonza powerz. Hence the multitudinous paraphrasing by wannabe OT's.
  34. AnonOrange_ Member

35. mickturate Member

Balls: I was happy being lice on dogs, lice on dogs in front of orgs/firetrucks is too big a meme to convey....
  36. CantPickaName Member

we are more like the dogs chasing the lawyers that are chasing the ambulance

WOOF
  37. Re: "Dogs chasing a fire truck" -Scilon meme ?

Its 'cause all Scientologists want to be reel Fire Manz liek me!

Those Scientologists luvz their hatz!

Proves once again TANSTAAFL
    Thanks for the link, old news maybe, but could be VERY useful in efforts to spread truth to true emergency response agencies.
  38. momISanon Member

Meh. I'm an Anon pissin' on the $cilon fire hydrant. ;)
  39. Anonyneko Member

So wait... we're the dogs chasing the cars? So we're like the Joker? :O

... WHY... SO... SERIOUS?????/1
  40. none given Member

posting here out of random chance; corbert report: steven just said that scientologists have started allowing gay thetans