Customize

"Does Sweden Inflict Trial by Media against Assange?"

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Excerpt:

Svenska dagbladet, a main Swedish newspaper, illustrated its 17 Feb 2011 article “Idyllic picture of Sweden is darkened” with a montage showing the notorious criminal Göran Lindberg -- a world-reviled, convicted serial rapist (including the rape of a 14-year old child) – portrayed together with Julian Assange and his lawyer Mark Stephens. A conspicuous columnist of the newspaper Aftonbladet refers 13 Feb 2011 to Julian Assange as “a paranoid idiot who refuses come to Sweden to confront trial”. The competitor newspaper, Expressen, describes 13 Feb 2011 in its cultural page “the sexual pleasure of Mr Assange is just an inescapable element for his severe compulsive needs that are beyond. . .”

Somewhere farther a nice picture of an Anonymous holding a sign: "Truth has been raped by Sweden"

http://ferrada-noli.blogspot.com/2011/02/v-behaviorurldefaultvmlo.html
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

TL;DR article, but worth reading even if in diagonal.

3. LocalSP Member

I could give a shit about Assange, it's the leaks that I want.
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

It is a common mistake among Anonymous to think that things happen without having individuals making them happen.
  5. LocalSP Member

90% of news stories are about Assange's personal life and not the leaks themselves. Time to dump Assange and get more coverage on the leaks. Assange is not the only person at Wikileaks.
  6. Anonymous Member

The author is an evil psych!
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

I hope you are right.
  8. Anonymous Member

Those interested in Wikileaks are ultimately interested in seeing redress to injustice. I don't see Assange as being that much of a separate issue if he is himself a victim of injustice.