Customize

DM, The High School years...

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: DM, The High School years...

Small boys are often bullied - severely - in school. If you had a dad who made you put weights in your pocket so you could make the elementary school football team, would you want to discuss it?
  2. XenuPhobic Member

Alright Anons... Urine luck. I happen to live about 30 min from Marple-Newtown High School and actually visit that area quite frequently. If someone sends me a debriefing through PM (Ie. what to look for, years and the such), I will TRY (emphasis on try) to go there sometime this week and see what I can get. I don't know how they will be with stranger danger, since all public schools are paranoid now, but I'm not very threatening looking, so that might help.
  3. Anon will find someone working on a used car lot who says

Yeah I remember Davey, what's it to ya? So I heard he got powerful or some shit. Is he still pissed off at me? I wouldn't be surprised after I locked that crybaby him a locker for over the weekend. Lemme tell ya he had it coming after ratting me out for giving him so many wedgies ...
  4. Ironhead Member

well if you're gonna do it, that's awesome. Just cover your ass as much as possible. if you set one foot in that school, I highly advise you to make your first stop the administrators office, and let em know why you're there. it sucks because they may just shoot you down right there.

befriending a student would be just...well, creepy.

other good suggestions have been Craigslist, searching records at the library, or seeing if you have a friend who has a little brother or something who attends that school who can sign the 76 year book out from the school library.
  5. TomVorm Member

Start with the public libraries. Call ahead and verify with the Reference Desk that what you
    want is there (local newspaper and white pages/reverse directories mid-1970s), and their
    operating days/hours. Bring a notepad and pen (to write down names of classmates)
    and carry GPS or maps, and many quarters for parking meters/microfilm copies/sodas as needed.
    Be prepared to have to visit more than one location within the Delaware County library system that day.
    Don't step foot on school grounds unless absolutely necessary, and always act within the law.
  6. TomVorm Member

Also consider bringing photos of Dave at the lectern (as the Fuhrer)
    if you want to walk his neighborhood, to spark memories from any
    old timers still there who might recall him or his family.

949 Briarcliff Road, Upper Darby, PA 19082

(His father allegedly committed a rape there in 1985, that might be a
    good subject to bring up, if the family name by itself isn't so memorable).
  7. Anonymous Member

Somebody has to picket the High School for info.
  8. xenubarb Member

Hm...if you have to ask...
  9. Anonymous Member

Bump for the benefit of all the new members
  10. Kingston Member

Hello,

I'm not quite sure what this forum's purpose is, I can honestly say that all I did was read this topic as to ascertain some information. I wanted to confirm that DM did go to Marple for a bet. But that being said, I am currently a Senior at Marple Newtown Sr. High School and as I am heavily involved, I have access to all of the past yearbooks. I'm not sure if that section of the library is open yet, but I could definitely take a picture of him, if he is there, in the Class of 1976 yearbook. Figured, I would offer.

Thanks,
    Kingston
    • Like Like x 9
  11. Krautfag Member

GIEV!!!
  12. Anonymous Member

that would be great thanks
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RightOn Member

PLEASE!! with a cherry on top!
  14. Anonymous Member

If you can deliver, you win the whole internet.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

Just wanted to wish you luck, we're all counting on you 2010_12_nielsen.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Anonymous Member

Thanks Kingston, please check it out and report back - appreciated!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Triumph Member

18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

yea but they Have complete Yearbook searches
  21. tippytoe Member

dowantp.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

O hai David! Anonymous is in your skoolz, readin your yearbooks.

So awesome! Apparently he never did make it to senior class, or through junior class either for that matter. If they're available, it would be a good idea to check through a few yearbooks on either side of that class of 76 one if he doesn't turn up there just in case.

Extra Internetz for a candid of him sitting outside of the nurses office with a thermometer in his mouth.

ibb4yearbooksuspiciouslyunavailable
  23. I hope you find him in the books at least somewhere in the book. But I guess it is possible he didn't spend much time at school and perhaps missed the photo day at school. I hope someone at least finds a former student who remembers him. It is also possible he was one of those "invisible' students who nobody remembers. Keep looking though. You never know.
  24. Kingston Member

I'm fairly confident that section of the library has just opened. So I'll be paying it a visit tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 7
  25. tippytoe Member

WD8VG.gif
  26. Triumph Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

just a recomendation. if at all possible see if you can scan any and all photos, instead of taking a picture.
  28. AnonyVix Member

Not sure about his school days but I recall hearing from one contemporary ex scilon that Hubbard would have David Miscavige curled up foetal position on the floor wailing like a baby in his early days as Hubbard's right hand pet ("poodle"). By "have" I simply mean Hubbard had that effect on him, not "have" in the carnal sense. ;D
  29. Kingston Member

Turns out, that in 1976, the only people who received portraits in the yearbook were Seniors. The underclassman section has candids of the students but provides no names or any individual photographs.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. AnonLover Member

Damn. oh well - it is what it is. we have eagle eyes amongst us that might still be able to pick out the whippersnapper midget if you can get us good high quality scans of those pages?
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Even if he is not a senior; would there be a list of all students with their home rooms in the book? Maybe if there is, one could find the name of someone who actually might have known the guy.
  32. subgenius Member

Sorry, I had to fify.
  33. Anonymous Member

Thanks for your efforts.
  34. Anonymous Member

I'm sure this has been suggested already but are there any former neighbors still there, that may have known him? there has to be an unimaginable prize in a shoe box in someones closet. "hai i'm doing research about this guy, you mighta known him..."
  35. Anonymous Member

Yes, thanks for your efforts! Well, if HS yearbook photos are out, maybe one of the middle schools that feed into that HS has photos. A wee 8th grade Davey for the shoop shop anyone?
  36. RolandRB Member

Create a cartoon series out of it.

Just imagine if the Pope were a member of the Hitler Youth before he became a priest.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. AnonyVix Member

Sometimes the LULZ is enough.
    • Like Like x 3
  38. AnonyVix Member

OMG, exactly the image I had in my head. Very good work.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Anonymous Member

But how would you tell the difference?
  40. The_Nark Member

I am looking. I'm a reporter for the Philadelphia Daily News. E-mail me at narkj@phillynews.com if you have info. I believe his last year in high school was in New Jersey. They lived in Delco, moved to England, then New Jersey.
    • Like Like x 2