Customize

DM goes to Italy

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Woo Hah Member

DeathHamster, look at photo #6 for recent photo about parking entrance.

Local Padova newspaper published some photos on September 23rd

http://mattinopadova.gelocal.it/fot...lla-lanza-acquistata-da-scientology-1.5741929

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Woo Hah Member

As usual, click on the photos to enlarge.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Think I finally ran out of Scientology Padova Org photos to post in this thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

4. grebe Member

Miscavige should use Dianetics to get that fungus out of his fingernails.
  5. Anonymous Member

nOYdl.png
  6. Budd Member

What is a "Padova" ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padova
    "Padua (Italian: Padova [ˈpaːdova] ( 13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png listen), Latin: Patavium, Venetian: Padoa, Ancient German: Esten) is a city and comune in the Veneto, northern Italy. It is the capital of the province of Padua and the economic and communications hub of the area. Padua's population is 214,000 (as of 2011). The city is sometimes included, with Venice (Italian Venezia) and Treviso, in the Padua-Treviso-Venice Metropolitan Area, having a population of c. 1,600,000."
  7. Anonymous Member

Still waiting for our new Italian anons to check in.
  8. anonanchovie Member

I studied at the Universita degli Studi di Padova in 2010-2011. I lived about half a mile from the city centre, it is a gorgeous ancient university city, Galileo studied and taught there, as did Petrarch. The old org was situated down some dodgy streets near the train station, hookers, lots of shifty looking Tunisian guys and drug pushers and people traffickers on business trips from Romania hung out around there.

There were one or two anon that I bumped into, but mostly people just hated scientology but were very interested in the stories I told. One girl told about the time a few years before when the cult set up a huge tent and booths in one of the big piazzas. The pushy bastards would be shoving flyers into people faces and hard selling them to take stress tests. She and her mates used to go around to the body routers and shout in their faces 'FUNK OFF SCIENTOLOGY! That 'VM' campaign did not last long. These very conservative and very well educated Paduans hated and hate the cult.

The new org is way out of town, it is if I am not wrong, on the main highway from Bologna and NO ONE goes near that area, you just whizz by in your Alfa Romeo. That place is just a bunch of highways and roads as you can see in those pictures. Further down is a bunch of industrial warehouses and further down from that is the big strip mall area and even then you have a good couple of miles before you get to Padova proper.

I don't know what these fools are up to putting an org there. Hubbard was a sociopathic nut job, but he knew how to set up a business, he always insisted on the buildings being near high density foot traffic, the quarters should be cheap and functional. It was a business model that actually worked quite well. How the fuck they hope to get anyone to that place is beyond me. They did the same in Milan, moved out of the big building in a busy area to some joint in the boon docks and recruited a whole bunch of flat broke Albanian economic migrants, made them join the SO and heck knows what they do with them all. They certainly are not recruiting many Italians anywhere in Italy. I wonder how much cash in brown envelopes they shoved in those officials pockets in order to talk the mad cult up at this shooped event?

They must have been given that old wreck of a place, I cannot think of any Italian with two braincells to rub together who would try to renovate and set up business in that place. It defies logic.

Scientology is slowly rapidly chocking itself to death. Hip hip Horrah!
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

Miscavige himself is quite mad, which is why it's hard to understand why he does what he does.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. grebe Member

As has been pointed out earlier in this thread, a lack of parking space really limits how the building can be used. Looks like maybe 20 cars max for the area without landscaping. Maybe if they were to buy the adjacent property they could put in an adequate number of spaces for, say, a motel or a small dance hall.

Yeah I know they want to do auditing or whatever in there. But just in case that doesn't pan out, it is good to keep in mind a range of potential uses for some site.

What business has only a few people but needs a fair amount of space divided on three floors?
  11. Great thread. I love the photography - especially the "click to enlarge function".

I clicked on Miscavige and it didn't work.
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. RightOn Member

thanks
    nice to hear from someone who knows the area.
    Glad to hear it is out of the way. This makes me happy.
    Although I would imgaine the Italy members got regged to raise money for this org. Did they hand over bukcets of cash so they can get their "scientology on" without the prying eyes of the other people in town? perhaps.
    Going more under ground a bit?
    Not too cool to be scilon these days.
    Well, techniacally it never was.
  13. DeathHamster Member

Are there even any public transit bus routes that pass by that place?
  14. Woo Hah Member

No bus stops close by, according to Google Maps. Driving a car to the org looks like the only option.

[IMG]

anonanchovie is right, new org is sandwiched between 2 main highways, outside of main part of the city. No foot traffic, not easily accessible.

Bne73.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

Yes, the old Scientology Org location used to have foot traffic.

[IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

^ sign is for old org or new org?
  18. Anonymous Member

old
    DSC02986.JPG
    img.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  19. anonanchovie Member

Sie li
    Sie li, a Padova?
  20. Anonymous Member

Scientology website launches a very lengthy, scathing diatribe against the Indie who posted photos from the event. The Scientology site claims the Indie copied the photos from the pages of 2 Scientologists.

Scientology web site is in Italian.

Here are 2 paragraphs, I am dumbfounded at their claim of ample parking. Look at the Google Maps photos posted earlier in this thread.

Code:
    http://eticaeverita.org/
    Questo scritto, a firma di tale “Nathan Hesse” (uno squirrel utente del blog), riporta una decina di fotografie dell’inaugurazione e della nuova Org e fornisce una descrizione dell’inaugurazione; un resoconto piuttosto scarno, più che altro infarcito di natter da “burloni e denigratori”, di pure e semplici cattiverie e di entheta. Né più né meno il solito repertorio di questa marmaglia.

Un resoconto che contiene parecchie imprecisioni, ad esempio la distanza dalla vecchia Org (20 minuti col navigatore satellitare), mentre qualsiasi navigatore e addirittura Google Maps dicono che il viaggio prende al massimo 7 minuti. Poi l’affermazione che vi fossero “macchine parcheggiate lungo la rotonda”, fatto fisicamente impossibile e smentito da foto e riprese video, oltre che non necessario dato che era stato predisposto un ampio parcheggio per automobili e autobus con oltre 700 posti poco distante dalla villa. Tutti dettagli che mostrano come il bugiardo “Nathan Hesse” sappia ben poco dell’inaugurazione che pretende di descrivere e criticare.

Google Translate

This writing, signed by the "Nathan Hesse" (one of the squirrel User blog), contains a dozen photographs of the inauguration and the new Org and provides a description of the inauguration, a report somewhat meager, mostly packed with natter from "pranksters and disparaging" of mere malice and entheta. Neither more nor less than the usual repertoire of this rabble.

A report that contains several inaccuracies, such as distance from the old Org (20 minutes with navigation system), while any web browser and even Google Maps say that the trip takes at least 7 minutes. Then the statement that there were "parked cars along the round", made physically impossible and denied by photos and video, as well as unnecessary as it was designed with ample parking for cars and buses with more than 700 seats not far from the villa . All details that show how the liar "Nathan Hesse" knows very little of the inauguration which purports to describe and criticize.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  21. RightOn Member

22. Xenu Is Lord Member

I do know one thing, DM looks like a sick up his ass toy action figure. He is also obsessed with that image of him with his hands on the table.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Woo Hah Member

Long, slow pan of the entire audience in this 30 second video.
    No way there are 7,000 people.

Also, the mystery of boom arm cameras is solved in this video.

Using the video as a guideline, here is the rough area of the audience. Note the audience is thinner in the back and on the sides.

KMpZt.png

Another 70 second video, ecstatic scilons cheering balloons and confetti

• Like Like x 1
  24. grebe Member

700 seems much more reasonable than 7000. Maybe the 7000 was just a typo?
  25. Woo Hah Member

7,000 repeated endlessly in Italian press? No way. Scilons will insist on 7,000 bodies in attendance (bodies in scilon-speak doesn't mean dead, it just means physical meat bodies).

Look earlier on this page, some anon posted that Scilons said there was lots of parking space. Draw your own conclusions.
  26. grebe Member

Ok you are right, not just a typo. A typo would not explain all the effort put into shooping the crowd to look much more dense than it was.

Oh I accidentally a funny.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  27. Anonymous Member

The "More than 7,000 Scientologists and their guests" # is also on Scientology's website and their press release.
  28. Anonymous Member

700 Scientologists + their Body Thetans
  29. DeathHamster Member

There was lots of parking space--somewhere else! 700 people would probably require over 200 cars.
  30. Woo Hah Member

31. Lying about the size of its membership or the attendance of events is one of the core mantras of the Scientology "religion":

Scientology Rally in Germany Sparsely Attended
    The New York Times
    By Alan Cowell
    October 28, 1997

Berlin, Germany - The Scientology movement, which German authorities call mercenary and undemocratic, staged a demonstration through the heart of Berlin Monday intended to depict modern Germany as being just as intolerant toward Scientology as Hitler was toward Jews.

But while the organizers had forecast a turnout of 10,000, fewer than 2,000 people gathered to march on a bright, chilly day and hear protest leaders urge Germany to acknowledge Scientology as a religion and permit it to enjoy the benefits of that status. By the time the march finished, police said the total number of demonstrators was 3,000. The organizers put the figure at 6,700. [...]
  32. RightOn Member

at first I didn't think the photo was shoopped and stated in an earlier post that it was doubtful, because COS still has a strong hold in Italy. But this was before I knew that the COS said there were 7,000 attendees in their press release.
    That number is utterly a ridiculous attempt at their"number pumping" like they do with everything else.
    I don't care what it is, they lie. Books sold, attendance at openings, how many kids they reached in school with their " say no to drugs" talks, how many orgs there are, how many scientologists there are..... and so on.
    FRAUD
    • Agree Agree x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Tiny fists DM must be So Stupid I mean you do these openings for so many years and you always need a teleprompter to run your game, the guy is an Idiot!
  34. Anonymous Member

He wants people to think he knows how to read.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. snippy Member

OK! This clearly shows the small priests or kids against the far wall were not shooped in and from video views here, I think my earlier overlay is just bogus, maybe because all the scales didn't match exactly. I estimated 1000 in the central square, so say 2000 at the event, not 7000. It doesn't matter. We know they lie habitually, the Italian politicians are in their pockets, and really, if there is even 1 person in attendance, that's too many. Healthy communities beautify their medial strips with wildflowers, not scilons.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  36. mnql1 Member

Members of the neo-fascist party Forza Nuova ("New Force"), known for its xenophobic, anti-gay, and ultra-Catholic positions, held an anti-Scientology protest outside the Padua org on Saturday, November 24, 2012. The photo below is posted on Forza Nuova's Facebook page. The sign says "Outlaw Scientology!"

[IMG]

On October 7, the Forza Nuova coordinator for Northern Italy, Luca Castellini, published a blog entry demanding that Scientology be banned in Italy and that any public official who supports Scientology resign. He criticized Scientology as a dangerous anti-Christian science fiction scam that practices psychological manipulation and siphons huge sums of money from its followers. He also invited FN members to an anti-Scientology protest in Verona the next day, October 8, to denounce CCDU, the Italian version of CCHR, as a front group for Scientology. This demonstration took place outside the Gran Guardia, where a CCDU exhibition on "psychiatric abuses" was ongoing. Here is a photo from the October 8 protest:

[IMG]

In response, the spokesman for the Church of Scientology of Verona issued a press release (in Italian) on November 1 which essentially says that FN is spreading disinformation to gain attention and that Scientology has many satisfied parishioners and is recognized as a religion in many countries.

The FN Facebook page uses photos from anti-Scientology protests by Anonymous in other countries, but the comments surrounding these photos reflect FN's anti-gay and anti-Muslim prejudices, among other things.

[IMG]
  37. does it include body thetans ?
  38. ladri !
  39. Anonymous Member

Italian fascists aren't going to like the way the Sea Org separates married couples and pressures women into having abortions. But they might like a lot of other things about Scientology. For example:

- They might like the way Admin Tech supports an anti-union work environment.
    - And they might like the militarized social structure.
    - Both groups share a fetish for idealized, celebrity leaders who are to be worshiped with slavish loyalty.
    - Both are suspicious of science or any challenge to their mystical certainties.
    - Both groups think sexual "perversion" is a manifestation of spiritual corruption.
    - And both have really bad taste in art.

I see the fascists as easy prey for the Scientologists, just like the NOI. So even though it's nice to see a protest against Scientology, it's hard to cheer for these particular guys.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  40. anonanchovie Member

Was it in Belgium that Scientology became closely affiliated with some far right politicos? I have read that somewhere. Sorry for the derail, but it is an interesting point and well worth looking into. Hubbard had a policy that demanded that Scientology PRs and OSA ally themselves with 'Like minded groups' thus their close affiliation with the Moonies and NOI.

The Italian Fascist ally themselves with Orthodox Catholicism and draw much of their support from those quarters and the relationship between Catholicism and Scientology in Italy is strained at best.

These examples certainly highlights the Machiavellian machinations of religions bodies in general though.

It would be interesting to find out what other affiliations those idiot officials speaking at the Ideal Morgue opening have.
    • Agree Agree x 2