Customize

DM goes to Italy

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

http://indipendologo.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/padova-inaugura-gli-indipendenti-ci-sono/
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Woo Hah Member

I love Google Street View. But pretty sure David Miscavige doesn't.

Here's a 360 degree street view near Scientology's Padova Ideal Org while it was under construction.

Zd6hj.jpg
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Woo Hah Member

Lets go driving around a bit with Google Street View...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Unfortunately, can't see much from the flyover (the elevated highway), the guard rail blocks the view.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DeathHamster Member

So their front CAD rendering was bogus too.

It looks like they did a nice job of restoring a wreck of an old building, but damn! That place looks impossible to get to except by car and even that seems tricky.

I suppose it has one advantage: Hard to protest there.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DeathHamster Member

I really hope that the event video is leaked. I want to hear how good a job they did in filtering out the traffic noise that was happening while Davie was speaking. A few transport trucks could beat his "rolling thunder" any day!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. RightOn Member

WWP sleuths have proved that there is no way that 7,000 people fit in this area
    happy stats again this week COS!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Woo Hah Member

Here's the perspective Scientology wants you to see.

[IMG]

And here is a similar shot from a similar viewpoint while Padova Org was being remodeled.

[IMG]

And a bit more perspective of the same shot.

[IMG]

So, where exactly are 7,000 people supposed to fit? Standing on the highway?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. DeathHamster Member

This "after" picture seems to be bogus too. Even if that's the current roadway under construction and before the barriers and poles, in the real life pictures, it's a lot closer to the front of the building.
  10. There would have been 8,000 paople there if all of the headless Scientologists they usually shoop in showed up...........
  11. RightOn Member

silly Anons, they went exteior and were hovering above
  12. Woo Hah Member

I can't quite line up these views, because as you will see, the photographer was standing on the highway flyover, outside of Scientology property.

Here's Scientology's official photo

[IMG]

And similar view from 2009 Google Street View

[IMG]

And same shot further away.

[IMG]

Google Street View from the upper highway flyover.

[IMG]

Near as I can figure out from the perspective of looking down on the heads of audience, the photographer was standing on the side of the elevated highway, leaning over the guard rail, to take that Scientology photo (see 1st photo with all the people)

Not trying to be confusing. There are 2 levels of highways next to the org. There is a ground level highway, and there is an elevated highway. Looks like photographer was standing on elevated highway to take that "floating above people's heads" shot.

[IMG]
  13. Tourniquet Member

Maybe there are 700 people there, just maybe.
  14. Anonymous Member

They brought a cherry picker to the org opening here, my guess is that they did the same for this event.
  15. Woo Hah Member

After playing around with Google Street View, going up and down the various highways next to the Padova Org (there are a number of them) it seems the only way the photographer was able to get that "exterior" photo of "floating above people's heads" was to be located outside of Scientology property, on the elevated highway, looking down on the audience.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Oh, I just saw the post above after posting this. I don't see much room for a cherry picker to fit inside the church property. Elevated highway seems easier, and about the right perspective. Maybe some kind Italian Indie can advise if a cherry picker was sighted at the opening.
  16. DeathHamster Member

Getting in and out of that place must a horror unless there have been changes made. Trying to get large buses in to drop people off would be tough too, because if there were many cars parked, there wouldn't be room to swing the buses around. No way they had thousands of people unless they spent all day shuttling them in from elsewhere in vans.
    [IMG]

Boxed in by two freeways and a roundabout...
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

Recent photos from this post

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/dm-goes-to-italy.106099/page-4#post-2211911

See entrance on far left side, where highway forks.

[IMG]

Safety railing is still up the length of the front of the org, obviously except for where the entrance is. Click to enlarge.

[IMG]
  19. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

If everyone gets a square 5'x5' you can fit 100 people in a square 50'x50'. I think there are about 3 of those squares behind the org.
  21. Anonymous Member

Probably they were able to get all the Scientologists in Italy in that space. Lord knows they'd never break the fire codes.
  22. snippy Member

Original - with some perspective tweaks:
    [IMG]

Google - with perspective tweaks:[IMG]
    Merged:
    [IMG]

Or close enough. There are about 1000 very small people in the central rectangle outlined in an earlier post. About 30 deep x 33 wide. Also, the line of priests against the far wall are barely 4 feet tall if the door handle rails are at 3 feet. QED
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  23. Anonymous Member

Mama mia! Davey Miscavige is a fun guy, right down to the fingertips.
  24. Anonymous Member

Do we have any GuidoFags who can speak Pastafarian? Because Padua might need the lulz.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

Those are priests? I was thinking it might be a children's choir since they were short and dressed alike.
  26. snippy Member

I don't know, but if you zoom in on them they appear to be holding pixelated crosses. I can't imagine Scilons teaching kids to sing choir songs, but who knows. If they are trying to impress the Italians, maybe they thought shooping them in wouldn't hurt.
  27. Anonymous Member

7,000 people? Click on images to enlarge.

[IMG]

Cropped from this official Scientology photo.

[IMG]
  28. Anonymous Member

I would like to think that Catholic priests in Italy would not attend this event after Scientology did this:
    http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=35140
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. snippy Member

They are such predictable robots! I'm thinking the whole crowd is shooped in from some Catholic event. There is a lot of red.

Maybe someone with more patience could do the overlay more precisely. I couldn't get it exactly right. The difference between the two photos is mostly resizing and a barrel distortion.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Ogsonofgroo Member

That was some awesome work there guys! Kudos & caek!

The Italian thing, hm, this made me wonder when I was doing some look-seeing the other day>
    .....O'rly??? Was Hoolio hiding in the wood pile? Odd shit *shrugz*

From HERE
    • Agree Agree x 1
  31. Woo Hah Member

/r/ help from camerafags. What was the photographer's location when he took this photo? Outside of Scientology property?

Playing around with a straight blue line for determining the horizon, it looks like this photo was taken from the roughly the height of the middle of the red rose, perhaps 25 feet from ground level.

[IMG]

For reference, Google Street View photo with a straight blue line of horizon added. Lower level highway is slightly higher than ground level of the org; you can see over the top of the chain link fence.

[IMG]

And Google Maps satellite closeup. I added in a blue line which shows the edges of the 1st photo above.

[IMG]

So, knowing the photographer was roughly 25 feet above ground level, can anyone knowledgeable about cameras and camera lenses and photography determine where the photographer was when he took the first photo above? Above and behind the trees?

(Sorry for posting so much in this thread, I'll shut up now)
  32. Anonymous Member

I think the key point has been made: lies and shoops about thousands present when really hundreds.

Somebody want to sent a link to Tony Ortega? Maybe he can lift one or two pics from this thread and write a short piece.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  33. DeathHamster Member

That's still the same killer entrance as in the older satellite view. (The wedge of white road lines.) If there's a car park, it's not in view and there's no room for it. Getting coach buses in and then turning them around would be a task worthy of a busy airport. I'm amazed that they could even get hundreds of people in and out.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

Same as all their events.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

Scientology newsroom released hi res photos of the event. Same photos as before, but around 4 MB to 5 MB for each photo.

Code:
    http://www.scientologynews.org/press-releases/grand-opening-scientology-ideal-organization-padova.html
    2nd photo, I cropped the main photo, to show details of the crowd. Click on the images to expand. Details are sharp enough to see pebbles on the ground and expressions on people's faces.

Imgur hosting compresses the photos, so you'll have to go to the Scientology newsroom site if you want the uncompressed versions.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Better image of DM's PTS fingers

nOYdl.png
  37. Anonymous Member

Looks like 3 fingers are infected. Too bad he doesn't believe in Big Pharma, the infection will get worse.
    Hopefully spread to his lungs.
  38. Anonymous Member

There was a new hi-res photo released (photo #2 on Scientology newsroom site).

Mystery of photographer / camera location solved. Remote controlled boom arm with camera on it.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

So who took the photo of the boom arm camera? Another boom arm camera further back?
  40. Anonymous Member

It's boom arm cameras all the way down.
    • Funny Funny x 4