Customize

Disturbing Audio Recording of Scientologists Beating 15 year old

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by tippytoe, Dec 16, 2008.

1. mrfyde Member

Re: Disturbing Audio Recording of Scientologists Beating 15 year old

From 2003

[SPOILER]While growing up in New Mexico, Miguel Salazar had plenty of encounters with the board of education.

His problems weren't with the group who ran the school district. It was with the thick, wooden paddle that hung in the principal's office.

"It got tested on me several times," said Salazar, 50, now principal at Kunsmiller Middle School in Denver.

Salazar laughs at the memory for good reason. The days of swatting a willful student are mostly gone in Colorado's public schools. Corporal punishment is still allowed under state law, but many school districts have banned it, mainly over worries it will bring lawsuits[/SPOILER]

US school corporal punishment (paddling), Nov 2003 - CORPUN ARCHIVE uss00311

Not saying that I approve of corp. punishment but it seems to be legal in the time frame. if this was in New Mexico where the ranch is.

I know the idea of calling this child abuse is tempting but I don't think it would legally be considered that. (even tho it is imo)

We need to know what he was being punished for.

also:
    California Assembly's Public Safety Committee voted 5-2 on Tuesday to advance a bill that would define the use of switches or paddles to be child abuse and subject anyone convicted under the statute to face a possible year in jail.

* 8 months ago

------
    Edit:
    http://kidjacked.com/legal/spanking_law.asp (state by state child abuse laws)

New Mexico

An abused child includes one who has been cruelly punished by a parent/ guardian/ custodian.
    §32A-1-4(B). [Civil Code] Abuse includes knowingly, intentionally, or negligently permitting or causing a child to be cruelly punished.
    § 30-6-1. [Criminal Code]

Washington

Physical discipline is not unlawful if reasonable and moderate and inflicted by parent /teacher/guardian for restraint or correction. Presumed unreasonable if the following are used to correct/ restrain: -- Throwing, kicking, burning, cutting, striking with a closed fist, shaking a child under 3, interfering with breathing, threatening with a deadly weapon, any other act likely to cause and which does cause bodily harm greater than transient pain or minor temporary marks. [Statute says this list is illustrative and not exclusive]. Age, size,condition of child, and location of injury are all factors in determining "reasonable" and "moderate." § 9A.16.100. [Criminal Code]
  2. alex Member

Its a recording of a 15 year old boy getting paddled over his clothing 7 times. No bare skin. It happened 20 years ago at a privately owned ranch/school for incorrigible kids. Yes their are scientologists involved, but this isnt the church. And the scientologist I hear on it sounds nuts.

Rage about darfur, not a teenagers spanking.
  3. Optimisticate Member

You always seem to have a little bit more info than what is provided. How's that work? Anything else you want to share?

Let others who know about darfur rage about it, I'm working on something else right now... it's about a corporation that hides behind multiple layers of other corporations and pretends to be a religion while stripping its staff of all basic human rights and encouraging public members to humiliate themselves online and off while raiding their bank accounts and calling it donations.

Human rights belong to everyone, even sickentology staff.

I'll get back to you when it's done.
  4. alex Member

docs or gtfo?
  5. Re: Disturbing Audio Recording of Scientologists Beating 15 year old

After reading "The Complex" I now have a much better idea of what a scientologist would think about Darfur, racial strife, and charity.
  6. Relyt Member

The long pauses between beatings and heavy breathing... does that say anything to anyone? Sounds like a rape/beating, to me.

And the guy saying "Look at the picture of LRH, this is his policy", justifying both molestation and beating. But in reality, he knew that because he's an "upstat", he can get away with anything.

Isn't that right, Alex?
  7. Hostile Member

honestly, I think that is just the anon coming out in us, but I agree.

plus the molestation suspicions in the thread... yep, probably
  8. Relyt Member

That makes about as much sense as my vagina.
  9. alex Member

That is an odd retort...

Literally vaginas make no sense in the sense of having the ability to reason.

But to a man, for whom your vagina is the whole reason for you to exist, with a nifty support system surrounding it to fetch beer and clean clothes, it makes great sense.

And to you? Does it make sense? Having one? Or would you prefer it sewed shut.

And what the fuck does your vagina have to do with beating 15year olds, unless you are confusing beating with beating off.

Just because I CAN, means I DID.
  10. XenuLovesU Member

Um... I didn't hear anything that sounded like molestation. It sounded like someone getting strapped who really didn't want to get strapped.
  11. alex Member

You seem to have some abnormal fixation on sexualization.

Is there some dark secret you would like to tell us?
  12. darkshadow667 Member

yeah, but there is also the little part in there where he tells the kid to look at the portrait of LRH...
  13. alex Member

Yeah that bothers me.

That and the reference to it being policy, when anyone who has read Dianetics, knows hitting someone and telling them things, is insane and installs the same behaviour IN THE PERSON RECEIVING THE PAIN.

(called the contagion of aberration in Dianetics)

I am no apologist for "Wally" and the failed ranch, just providing some perspective.
  14. mrfyde Member

So is the point we are going for :

Because the kid "broke policy" he was being punished for his freedom of thought and having religious values "beaten into him" while looking at a picture of what he should have believed in? Cuz that might be considered emotional abuse regardless of laws about physical abuse.

The kid did ask to see the policy that he had supposedly broken (if I heard correctly I only listened once and that was last night and it was hard to hear.)
  15. Top Grunge Member

I don't see what the deal is.

David Miscavige beats something every night to the picture of Hubbard.
  16. Re: Disturbing Audio Recording of Scientologists Beating 15 year old

WTF?
  17. alex Member

I believe, from my listening, he asked to see the policy that was being referred to that sanctioned the paddling.

I think wally was telling him to look at the picture of Hubbard as inspiration, and comfort, and distraction.

"Policy" is church adminstrative rules, probably adapted to the ranch/school also. So he if he was being punished for policy violations, you could read that as "rules", rather than religious belief. Remember this is a school for "hard to handle" children.

In my opinion, bad children are really badly parented children. Its like watching Ceasar Milan training the dog owners....its not the dogs....they, like children are beautiful and sweet and true to their nature...

Sad.

I briefly attended several "boarding" type schools, as a young person, both scientology affiliated and not, and I noticed the lack of parental involvement in other kids lives. Parents too busy succeeding to have time to parent. Whoefully misplaced values.

I dont think hitting children, even almost grown defiant teenagers, really accomplishes anything but instilling the same behaviour in them.

And I am unaware of any church policy that calls for corporal punishment.

That ranch/school failed and closed. Scientologists made mistakes in my opinion.

But this issue is not an indictment of scientology as a philosophy, or religion. Just of the individuals involved.

The hardest thing in the whole audio for me to hear was when wally started screaming and slamming the chairs....It brought back memories of me losing control, and being inappropriately angry with my own children. (no, I didnt beat them, but I have at least once, raged, and scared them.)

The kid getting a few swatts was the least disturbing. Being told it was policy and to look at the photo of LRH, the most.
  18. leafs Member

Maybe he thought he was upstat or he was really upstat?

Hey, you gotta love Scientology's ethics concept! He also said
    But you are, you fucktards. You are the only hope for mankind, remember, you're the fastest growing religion in the world! You bravely fight the evils of psychiatry, the men behind the holocaust! Noone can falsify statistics and history quite like you. Right now, you're not making many friends, are you?
  19. leafs Member

-
  20. blank Member

Prelude to beating:
  21. Anonynamefag Member

Only LRH would want someone to look at him while their ass is being assaulted.
  22. terryeo2 Member

Send alex to the dome. We don't need him fagging up any more threads.

If we can confirm that this is Wally Hanks, then we have a good reason to play this at raids, report the abuse to local child protection agencies, etc.
  23. Hostile Member

uh oh, they had dogs

and what's with my generation at the end?
  24. DiaSciRev Member

LOL, PHAIL

The date on the screenshot obviously says Dec. 15, 2007. LRN 2 INVESTIG8

As for why it took so long to investigate, I theorize that whoever had this audio was an intelligent Scientologist (i.e., 5 seconds from blowing), and this is their best chance to get the word out that something went horribly wrong at this fucker's ranch.
  25. blank Member

26. alex Member

You got a problem with me? Bring it to me. You keep calling for doming me in thread after thread, but seldom comment on topic.

If you have some great unfaggy insight, I'd love to hear it.

And this thread is about 20 year old spankings....child protection has current stuff to deal with.
  27. mrfyde Member

Numbers added above by me.

1) Why would he want to distract him from the punishment he was inflicting. Maybe don't swing so hard.

2) Maybe you have half a point there but imposing religious rules goes against the statement that Scientology believes every man has a right to change his religion. (or something like that) I think it was more likely that Marco was being dealt with without sorrow.

3) Well any good parent would not send their kid to that place imo. but there is no point here because the parents where not present.

4) Well at least you admit both Scns. and Wogs are lousy parents. I wonder what could be taking up those parents time ??? Oh well at least it is only ONE of many childhoods right ?

5) I don't see why it is ever needed to spank a child or a teenager who is old enough to reason with.

6) so the guy is also a squirrel - okay.

7) Just as in any school or church, If a priest abuses a child the church is responsible. If I fall on a wet spot at the supermarket they are responsible. If they put up a warning sign that said the floor was wet it is my fault.

8) I don't think all the auditing in the world would have made things any different imo.

9) Me to.
  28. XenuLovesU Member

While this is 20 years old, and probably well past any statute of limitations (talking about the corporal punishment, not the allegations of sexual abuse)... it's still plenty damn useful if it's credible.

Ol' Wally moved on after MK Ranch to other programs dealing with kids. You can still dredge up pages for his sailing program (Roundhouse Yacht Club) on archive.org: Internet Archive Wayback Machine.

I haven't heard of anything more about him after that -- but if he's still out there and still working with kids, his prior behavior needs to be outed wherever slithers off to.
  29. terryeo2 Member

I bet alex has some sort of witty retort to try and derail this thread yet again, but I can't see it because he's on my IGNORE LIST!

Don't feed the troll, and it will go away. Add to ignore list NAO
  30. alex Member

Well the allegations of him inappropriately touching 12 year old girls is much more potentially damning, and in my mind, a better target. But they are also old.

If they are true, the man should not be walking free.
  31. tazor Member

I think that is the video poster's answer to why he would want to hang around sp's who smoked dope and drank beer rather then wanting to hang around a fucking paedophile like Hanks.

This Hanks is a person I would have no problem protesting...in front of his home, business, or faux church. Just find him and I will be there.
  32. alex Member

Now just who would want me not to be heard? OSA of course! Hi guise!

(witty or just true?)
  33. An0nand0n Member

Awwww is wittle Alex aw bovvered about the big bad thread? Poor wee Alex. We must be touching a nerve here guys, careful how you tread, we wouldn't want to hurt his feelings now, would we?

Maybe its something to do with a certain OT VIIs alleged underage b& car pissing fetish. I thought scientologists were meant to be able to handle abberations like that by the time they got to clear, let alone OT VII. Wouldn't want anyone who might be able to prove these allegations going to the feds now, would we Alex? Yes, best try to fag up and derail the thread.
  34. TheBitch Member

Who in the fuk let this $cientologist have posting priv's? Hadn't anyone bothered to explain to him that "What are your crimes?" is not only lulzy but a volunteering of "SHIT ON ME PL0X!"

Alex, we know who you are and we know your crimes. Please remain near a telephone until there is time to send the constables. That is all.
  35. XenuLovesU Member

Wally went OT VII in '87 and OT VIII in '89. You'd think that would be kinda hard to do while engaging in this sort of behavior in '88... if all that super-dooper tech and metering worked, no? Isn't OT VIII only delivered by Flag with the most highly trained auditors and supes on the planet?
  36. XenuLovesU Member

Alex is making some valid points... and making challenges that others who look at this information are going to make as well. Sure, he trolls a bit too, but I'm fine with having someone challenge the assumptions as long as it doesn't turn into a deliberate derail -- and I'm not seeing that.

It's a useful exercise.
  37. ravenanon Member

DOME ALEX!!
  38. alex Member

I was registered on enturb before you were.

Nyah, Nyah, Nyah...
  39. tazor Member

Here is Dulloldfart's (ESMB) answer to what policy letter Hanks is referring to:

"Originally Posted by byte301
    The perv goes on about it being "policy", etc.

Does anyone have any idea what pl he is talking about?

DullOldFart:

What exactly does he say? Could he be referring to Hubbard's idea of the bank exerting on the individual the urge to do naughty things, and so the guy in charge has to make the penalty for following those urges too gruesome? In the Sea Org the phrase "too gruesome" was used as a noun, meaning the penalty for not following a rule. I don't recall the PL offhand, but it is a common Ethics PL and could be easily found electronically.

So I just took my own advice and Googled it:
    "MAKE PENALTIES FOR NON COMPLIANCE AND FALSE REPORTS TOO GRUESOME TO BE FACED AND ENFORCE THEM" - HCO PL 5 Jan 1968. The title online is "Bad News" but I think the full title includes "Your overfilled in-basket".

Paul"

I seem to remember reading something by elron about corporal punishment being okay as long as it wasn't done in anger. You were supposed to warn the kid that what they were doing was not okay and that if they continued they would get spanked. Paddles weren't mentioned. It may have been in Miracles for Breakfast by Ruth Minshull. Sorry I can't give you a link.

Some ex may remember.