Customize

Discussion - Philadelphia PA

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Discussion - Philadelphia PA

I'm trying to find SOME signs of life from the Philly anons, and I'm pretty sure they must all be dead. I myself moved to Philly recently and would like to start becoming active. Please message me if there is somebody still around from the old cell, we should start some planning, and I know a few other anons that would be interested in joining as well.

Thanks!
  2. re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

:) Most of them are on IRC irc.whyweprotest.net #philadelphia

I believe they have a ning somewhere too. Gewd luck, let us know if you ever wanna have a joint party with your southern neighbors.
  3. **zero** Member

Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

Yep, our ning is here:

Philadelphia Anonymous - Organizing Anonymous of Philadelphia against $cientology

About the IRC, I don't think they do chanology stuff anymore. I have not been on, but we haven't had real raid since October.

We did have something a few months ago, and we tried to foster some extra members, but nothing really stuck. (In fact, I couldn't go due to events that occurred just prior to the protest) After that, many of us just go to another org, or do things behind the computer.

Im for doing something big... And hell, we NEED to do something big, its an absolute shame that we cant get anyone to show up. It wasn't even a year ago when we had people in the hundreds. Im sure we can get people, but we should figure out something for july.

If people are interested, I would love to contribute to another /r/aid. If not, then I don't care enough to try to leaderfag it to life.

Well, it never hurts to try

JULY RAID!!!

DATE: TBA
    TIME: TBA

moar information once we discuss and come to a consensus.
  4. ZackZero Member

Boy, you guys are lucky you just got at least one Anon shipped over from Honolulu, then.

Shoot me a time/place/whatever and I'm game.
  5. Anonymous Member

Sweet, I'm glad to see that people are still around. I checked out the ning and it looks like a ghost town. Nobody seems interested in chatting on the IRC. I agree that something big would be sweet. How about July 11th at 11:30. I love the plan that **ZERO** posted awhile back so why change it?

(Originally Posted by **zero**)
    12:30, meet up in front of city hall (the usual spot)
    1-3ish We hit up chestnut street
    3-5, we go to race street

Our city hall location (our meet up) is right next to the entrance pf City hall closest to market street. To people who have protested before, this is the usual location.
    The first location is at 1316 Chestnut Street. This is the huge 7mil renovated building next to the Macy's store, and its very close to city hall.
    The last location is at 1315 race street, and this is a few blocks from city hall as well.

TO MAKE THIS EVENT RUN SMOOTHLY, WE NEED POSTERS, FLIERS, AND WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO BRING TO MAKE THIS LULZWORTHY!!!

I'm up for other ideas but seems like the simplest plans are the easiest to pull off. Any other ideas for a date are welcome, I just thought I'd purpose one if noone else does. My email is DesdiPhoenix@gmail.com feel free to email me with other ideas or just to chat.
  6. Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

I would be interested in this. Asked a few months ago and checked ning but seemed pretty dead.
  7. **zero** Member

Well, it seems like we have a couple of guys on board.

Im not sure if we should try to reclaim the old ning, Im absolutely fine with starting from the ground up and trying to do it that way.

July 11th sounds good to me, anyone have any problems with that?
  8. Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

Hey looks like I came back just in the nick of time. I'm down for some enturbulation in the near future. Is Philly participating in Sea Arrrgh? I didn't see a thread for it. (I don't know if I want to do it to protest scientology or because I love dressing up as a Pirate so damn much) And is Baconator still around?
  9. Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

Also we should look into registering the protest with the city again. I don't know if we can afford to have CO$ shitting on our plans like in the past.
  10. elux42 Member

yep i am from philly. Hit me up if you guys want to organize.
  11. spr1nkles Member

Hey guys, I'm from Northern Delaware, but this seems to be the closest protest to me, so I would totally be up for it
  12. lebANON Member

I'm about an hour east of Harrisburg, so a philly protest would be great. I registered on the ning but it is def dead so I came here. I'll be available for the July 11th protest and I'll be sure to bring /b/lackup from around town.
    thanks for getting this started again.
  13. elux42 Member

i think i will be avillible for the 11th.
  14. Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

I would be up for it.
  15. Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

Hit us up on Anonymousdc.com and maybe we can send up some /b/lackup. We haven't picked our global date yet, but we may be able to swing something.
  16. spr1nkles Member

We need a time for the July 11th protest, and a a place to meet
  17. spr1nkles Member

Hey guys, I have a website, if you want, I can throw up some forums real quick and we can dedicate them to the Philly anon
  18. Anonymous Member

Wouldn't we be able to just plan here for now?
  19. **zero** Member

Alright, setting up page nao.
  20. Anonymous Member

Posting for those that tl;dr
  21. Anonymous Member

Started up a new forum. Just so we have somewhere to sift through info. Message Board - Home

Not trying to leaderfag just trying to get things moving.
  22. BossRuckus Member

Phillyanon reporting in i like june 11th
  23. Anonymous Member

The lack of people willing to join is discouraging. Tell everyone you know to come join.
  24. **zero** Member

^ signed into the forum. We need /b/lackup. Get in there nao!!!
  25. WMAnon Member

Hey guys, the phillyfags from irc sent me here since you seem to be the only ones who care to protest. If one of you has a video camera, I was hoping you could help out with the project in this thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/video-material-needed-48807/

Sadly, you folks are a little far south for me to be able to /b/ackup, but I'll be at New Haven's raid tomorrow and Boston's on the 18th. Good luck getting philly rolling again!
  26. Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

Is Philly dead?
  27. xenubarb Member

DCfags apparently are doing Philly's job.
    Shame on u, cream cheese!
  28. Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

Are there any specific "dos and do nots" for Philly protests?

Specifically, does the city and the cops not like masks, face coverings, etc?
  29. stacycake2009 Member

Philly needs an and gate access task force?
  30. Re: Discussion - Philadelphia PA

I thought that was a typo, then it hit me. Good one. :)
  31. firebug Member

possibly a lulzy event for philly anons to attend

Humanist Association Of Greater Philadelphia

32. BillionYearSP Member

I'm in for an August gathering.