Customize

Discussion - Maine Anons??

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by SurpressivePhantom, Jun 7, 2009.

1. anonymous612 Member

Re: Discussion - Maine Anons??

Less exclamation points, please, and I'm still waiting for those noods.
  2. Re: Discussion - Maine Anons??

LOL 612 Would you say any protest with me is worth it?
  3. FreeAsABird Member

Hey, I'm a recent addition to the Anons of Maine... all 5ish of us... :p

But ARE there any Scientology™ outposts in Maine? I heard rumors of one up here around Bangor, but nothing in awhile.

Anywho, like I said, I'm new to all this... but I did a lot of reading recently on both sides of the argument, and I wanted to get involved SOMEHOW!
  4. Django Member

If we can agree on a date in Sept., I will TRY to make it up to Brunswick. I work freelance, and sometimes I gotta work through the weekend to meet a deadline. But I'll be there if I'm free...
  5. FreeAsABird Member

I can't make it to Brunswick, unfortunately. I live around Bangor, and I can't drive yet. But is there anything else I can be doing to help out?
  6. WMAnon Member

Flyering locally (just sticking things up) is always a good way to get information out about the dangers of Scientology, and if you put up contact infor for yourself (anonymous of course) and information about the nearest raid, you might even stir up the kind of interest locally that might get you a ride to the raid. Wishful thinking for sure, but stranger things have happened.

There's a flyer request service on anonstillalive.com you can use to get personalized flyers for your town.
  7. anonymous612 Member

I've occasionally inlcuded "contact (anon email account) to request more info" type lines in fliers if I'm not actually handing them out at a raid, yeah. If nothing else, it lets you have the sort of question and response conversation you miss if you just tape up fliers and place youfoundthecards instead of raiding, since people aren't exactly able to come up and ask for elaboration.

Beyond that, setting up a presence in an area before scifags do means you've...inoculated it against them, and if anyone ever does try to start a mission there or whatever, it'll be that much more difficult with the locals already knowing the score on them.

A quick note on YFTCs...youfoundthecard.com is not the most regularly up to date of websites. When I hide YFTCs I use WWP or the local cell's site url instead. Same concept, more informative/active site, and you bypass the middleman in regards to them then having to track down their local area in order to get personally involved. Depending on what you use, though, you might need to include some sort of attention-getting line (hey, maybe even "you found the card, what now?") since the URL is not necessarily interesting in and of itself.
  8. AnonOfMaine Member

My word, it's refreshing to know there are some MaineAnons still fighting.
    A few friends and I were planning to hit the Brunswick outpost sometime in the next month or so, and it would be great to see some more smiling faces. Hit me up with a date if anyone's got anything planned.
  9. Belladonna Member

10. Anonymous023 Member

This would be great to do, if stuff started happening in maine.
  11. WMAnon Member

Hey Maineanons: if you want a listing in AnonStillAlive.com, follow the link in the sig and get on that!