Customize

[digg submitters] we need your help tracking upcoming scientology stories.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by eon, Apr 29, 2008.

1. eon Member

[digg submitters] we need your help tracking upcoming scientology stories.

I've been in communication with the digg staff recently, and we're trying to figure out who is burying all of the scientology-related stories. This will help the digg staff figure out if there really are bots burying everything.

Use this tool to monitor the stories being buried Ajaxonomy Bury Recorder

What we are looking for is why stories are being buried. We know they are no longer being marked as inaccurate, and what the digg staff requested from me were actual links to buried threads.

They are looking for trends in the buries, I'm sure they are able to see ip addresses and whatnot.

So what exactly do I do when I submit a story to digg?
    1) leave your submission on being monitored for numerous days. For the ajax script you will enter the Digg URL, not the actual article's url. Just copy pasta the address bar when you view your submission's comments. If there are bots they would only check the upcoming sidebar for keywords to bury (read my thread about bots to see more details on how the digg api is easily exploitable)

2) after your story has been presumably buried once it was in the upcoming, check if it's still being buried even after it is no longer on the list

3) print screen the page, upload here. also save/record the results using the record feature on the ajax bury website.

4) make a thread or post here with your submission's link

This is the only way we can find out if bots are doing this (that I can think of) :fuckyou:
  2. anon_david Member

Re: [digg submitters] we need your help tracking upcoming scientology stories.

Bump for potential epic.
  3. Anonqwerty Member

Awsome find, this looks like it gives us a way to fight back.
  4. Re: [digg submitters] we need your help tracking upcoming scientology stories.

very nice find
  5. from the digg brigade page on encyclopedia dramatica :

6. normalbob1492 Member

Thanks for posting the Ajaxonomy tool! Way epic!
  7. eon Member

I monitored a few of the recent digg stories, and although they reached upcoming in the World & Business category, they weren't even buried with ~90 diggs. I believe anoncognito hit the nail on the head in the other thread stating that we should be copy and pasting the URL for each digg, because the algorithm must not like the single entity referral.

Still, we should continue to monitor everything. It's pretty effortless to keep another tab open :)
  8. anonangl Member

This may help, I posted it on the main Digg thread on accident instead of here. I don't have time to do anything with it until I get all my boxes unpacked and my new home in order. Ajaxonomy Top Buried Stories (Scientology)
  9. Scythe Member

Digg - YouTube rolls out Scientology double standard

this should have made the frontpage, but it didn't. It was even on the top upcoming stories for a couple of hours...

Any update with this, Eon?