Customize

"Dianetics" parody in 1993 game "Sam & Max Hit the Road"

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anon_108, Jun 19, 2008.

1. anon_108 Member

"Dianetics" parody in 1993 game "Sam & Max Hit the Road"

Well this surely was a treat. A scant ten minutes ago I was playing through Sam & Max Hit the Road, an awesome old adventure game from LucasArts, for like the third or fourth time. However, it's only the first time since I've started paying attention to all Scientology and such. Anyways, I got to this one part where you can talk to the bodyguard for the bad guy of the game, and, like usual, you are given dialogue options: a "?" (ask a question), a "!" (make an exclamation), a picture of a rubber ducky (say something non-sequitur) and then a bunch of options relating to current things going on in the plot and whatnot. Usually I click all of them because the results are mostly pretty funny.

Anyways, so I clicked the "?" icon, and was surprised to see...well, I was going to post a screenshot, but I was playing this on my iPod touch. Thankfully, though, someone made a YTMND for it:

So yeah, no huge breaking news or anything, but I thought it was hilarious that a 1993 videogame that I grew up playing had a Scientology reference in it that I never understood the whole time. :yay:
  2. Re: "Dianetics" parody in 1993 game "Sam & Max Hit the Road"

:roll: LucusArts
  3. Collateral Member

Re: "Dianetics" parody in 1993 game "Sam & Max Hit the Road"

I actually had this game, it was funny and awesome
  4. NonMoose Member

Re: "Dianetics" parody in 1993 game "Sam & Max Hit the Road"

I confirm that this game is made of win and good. Also, see "Prismatology" in the new games.