Customize

"Destruction of Own Property" to protest

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, May 29, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: "Destruction of Own Property" to protest

Have a little BBQ pit going with a sign that says "Burn your SP declares HERE!"

As for the anon that wants to rip up DM in effigy, someone needs to smack him around with a clue by 4. We're against the practices of the Sci management. I personally would like to see them placed in federal poundmeintheass prison, not maimed and mutilated....
  2. Anonymous Member

"Hai guise let's burn bookz!"

"No. Instead, please die in a fire"

/thread
  3. Anonymous Member

this
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

The problem that for every one we burn, ten more will take it's place. We'll be there all year.
  6. Anonymous Member

1) July 4th
    2) OPEN Bon Fires (idk about everyone else but we're allowed to throw anything in)
    3) Dianetics (a free one me & a friend got)
    4) ???
    5) Good Idea? / Bad Idea?
  7. Anonymous Member

did you read the rest of the thread at all, or...?
    also, you need permits for fires.
  8. Anonymous Member

Are you absolutely determined to tar us with the nazi brush or are you just retarded?
  9. Anonymous Member

A better idea would be to produce a book called Anti-Dianetics or whatever and hand it out free.
  10. Anonymous Member

Build some water pipes and a steam powered electricity generator in, and we'll have abundant energy.
  11. Anonymous Member

An example of Buddhists acting like Scientologists.
  12. Anonymous Member

PWNED
  13. Anonymous Member

There are fuels which burn at low temperatures and are safer to use for stunts, but anything burning at a protest is not good. Wait for the epic Guy Fawkes night bonfires.
  14. Anonymous Member

I like these threads because the challenge is often "can you modify a bad idea to make it a good idea?" It's an exercise in problem-solving. If burning as a method of public, visible destruction is out, then let's try to think of another attention-getting way we could dispose of SP declares.

I confess I like fire because it's so visceral -- I mean, putting an SP declare in a paper shredder has a meaning, but watching it burn after being touched to a Bunsen burner -- that has an impact. But maybe someanon has an even better idea for something that will be safe and send the emotional message...
  15. Anonymous Member

LOL!

I can't say I agree with the book burning; remember, we have a HUGE streak of free speech advocacy at our ideological core. Book burnings are typically associated with censorship, amirite?

Similarly with burning in effigy or variations thereof; while I don't doubt it fits the character of Anon, maybe we should hold off until Co$ is toast and we need sum lulz.
  16. Anonymous Member

Last thing we need is scientology skewing book-burning to appeal to the far-left.

It'd be a dream come true for them. Most people wouldn't care about what books we were burning, they'd just care of the symbolism of book-burning.

I'd agree with it anyway. Burning books is stupid. Why burn their own footbullets? Stupid idea.
  17. Anonymous Member

BURN SP DECLARES
  18. Anonymous Member

Somehow, I doubt that the police would let anyone start a fire in a city's downtown core.
  19. Anonymous Member

Burning SP declares= Could be good
    Burning effigy= SO FUCKING STUPID I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN IT
    Burning books= DEAR GOD, AN HERO NOW!
  20. Anonymous Member

Get one of those blenders they sell for camping, runs on batteries or something. Put sp declare in it, blend it into pulp, clean out blender, make margaritas, party hard.
  21. Anonymous Member

Effigies in the Streets is a Terrible Idea, burnt or not.

Anonymous? At MY Burning Man? It's moar likely than you think. (I will be there.)

Remember that this isn't a protest of any one man- neither DM nor LRH. If DM was gone, someone just as bad or worse would replace him. Why? Because the CoS is an established cult - one whose entire structure is centered around the recruitment and training of slavishly devoted and easily led members, combined with the generation of money and power to protect the corporate entity.

The corporation is a well-designed engine that consumes individual member resources (time, energy, money) in vast quantities in pursuit of the only important goal - to sustain itself. The identity of the controller/parasite group or individual at the top of this pyramid is less important now than ever before, because of the dedication to the "source" material.

Is DM abusive? Sure, he's a dick. Was LRH an insane criminal? Absolutely. Does informing the world of both of these facts help choke off resources to Scientology? Somewhat, but the biggest win comes from getting the Corporation (as an entity) dismantled by governments and courts due to their current illegal activities.
  22. Anonymous Member

OOOH.

"An SP declare -- Will It Blend?"

I like this one.
  23. Anonymous Member

^^ THIS
  24. Anonymous Member

I get naked, dowse myself in gas and run around in flames at EVERY protest.
  25. Anonymous Member

^^^
    This.
  26. Anonymous Member

canhav a semi nude protest?

i'd go to that
  27. Anonymous Member

dont do it
  28. Anonymous Member

How about a book entitled: "Diarrhetics - The truth about this Scientology shit"
  29. Anonymous Member

Burning the Cult Book would be seen as the equivalent of burning crosses. We're not the Ku Klux Klan, that's just wrong.