Customize

Dennis Clarke - Winner of the 1987 Religious Freedom Award

Discussion in 'Martin Ottmann' started by Martin Ottmann, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Here is a short feature article on CCHR activist Dennis Clarke (Impact #15, 1987). If I remember correctly, Rathbun wrote last year that the guy is homeless nowadays and chronically ill.

Dennis-Clarke.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RightOn Member

very sad about Dennis being homeless and chronically ill.
    See what COS does with members who are no longer useful OSA?
    Cripes! get a clue!

Was freakin' Oprah shilling for the cult way back then?
    SO cozy with Cruise. Can't stand her
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I found the article on Clarke on Rathbun's blog. It is here.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Dennis, for all we know; may even think that it is his own fault.
  5. Anonymous Member

Clarke is featured throughout Mark Bunker's Clearwater Police video from around the year 2000.
  6. Django Member

And he's being a real dick. That Mark turned around and tried to help him out when his current troubles first came to light speaks volumes about Mark and the critical community. That Scientology is letting Dennis rot after years of service speaks volumes about the Scientology organization.

Small wonder Scientology is dying....

Edit: here's the link. Dennis comes in at around 14 minutes.....

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oprah will help him.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. slobeck Member

He may have done awful things in the name of the cult, but he's still a victim. Someone from the ex community really ought to reach out to him.
  9. Oprah could have him guest on a follow-up show; a sort of "Where are they now?" show. Not that she would ever do that but it would be great if she did.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. DeathHamster Member

Expert, barf!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Jeff Jacobsen Member

At the Mad Picket in 2000, Clarke was the Bully Supreme. He stepped on critics' feet (Clarke is a huge guy), pushed people, stuck gum on my camera lens, etc., so much that the cops finally pulled him aside (at about 21:40) and apparently gave him the choice to leave or be arrested. he left.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ahhh...an oldie but goodie. I love videos of Mary DeMoss acting like a crazy bugaboo.

Scientologists must have been the original test subjects for Godwin.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Nancy Beazley Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ogsonofgroo Member

Isn't that just SOP for cult of LRonHubbard? No matter where/what/who causes shit in someone's life its 'You pulled it in! (That'll be 2,000$ kthnxbi)'
    Cult fucked ya over? You pulled it in.
    Got talked into cashing in your retirement savings to donate to CoS and are now starving? You pulled it in.
    Cancer from Feewind's boat-of-toxins? You pulled it in.
    COB steal yer wife and kill ya? All your own fault.
    Sick, broke, mentally unhinged because of Hubbard? Yup, you guessed it, ya pulled it in.

All in a days work for Scientolology, the 'most ethical people on the planet'.

Fuck you dead Hubbard, just. fuck. you.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

Oh thanks, I'd forgotten about the Marcabian Chronicles (circa 2011), an awesome little project with some great links, very belated kudos to the creator (s) of it!

All hail Xenu! (or could be Zemu)...... durrrr.

:)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Quentinanon Member

I heard from a friend in Florida that Clarke had "pulled in" a stroke and was paralysed on one side of his body. His son Charlie is supposedly taking care of him. Rather ironic that the scienobully is confined to a wheel chair, slurs his speech, and needs help to bathe, eat, pee and defecate. What happened to his OT powerz?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 272

If Oprah and her friend Tom Cruise knew about this they would help him!
  18. RolandRB Member

No ethical scientologist would help such a down-stat and DB.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Nancy Beazley Member

Damn. It's hard to feel much sympathy for even an elderly, ailing version of such an unpleasant bully.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. muldrake Member

Really, nobody deserves what's happened to Dennis Clarke. But it's hard to think of many people who come as close as he does to deserving it.
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Ogsonofgroo Member

Unfortunate but true ^^^ I sometimes wonder, upon reading of these sort of stories, if the people involved still had money in their accounts, would their scientology buddies be there for them? Ya-ya, you just know they would, and he'd probably have ended up in Uwe's (RIP) situation, locked down in a frikken basement until death, or something equally/cultily wonderful.
    Shitty for him, or anyone in that situation, but at least he seems to have some family that cares enough to give him a doggy biscuit/wipe his bum/sign his checks etc.. Life's a bitch, then ya die.
    WTF was the topic again?

oi.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

Wow, a blast from the past, hm, Scary-Mary D., wonder how everything is working out for her now? Title of 'The Mad Picket' is so apropos, cult acting just like Uncle Lron programmed them to, behaving badly as usual, so much for Com courses, mostly seems like everyone trying to practice their TR's and bull-bait, pretty much par-for-the-curse.

RIP Bob Minton, you are gone but the fight goes on.

Thanks for bringing that vid into PT :) (love JJ's comment, it is so true, and it is proven all the time, bunch of loonies) "Generally they look for short-term solutions (getting rid of us) without considering the long-term ramifications (them looking like idiots on youtube for years and years)." Jeff J..

Cheers!
    • Like Like x 2
  23. RolandRB Member

I hope the local louts set fire to his cardboard box while that scieno thug and bully is sleeping in it.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. Nancy Beazley Member

Roland, you're creepier than usual lately. Just sayin'.
  25. RolandRB Member

There are more deserving rabid dogs. Just sayin'.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Maybe you are back in ?