Customize

December 19, 2009 Los Angeles

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by i'mglib, Dec 19, 2009.

1. i'mglib Member

December 19, 2009 Los Angeles

Pretty good raid, except that the police eventually told us we had to leave, because we were loitering. I think it's because of all the Scilon celebs who donated money to the Police Activity League. We gotta do that next year.

The new guy brought some really great signs. Bravo new guy. He even had FLIERS. Wow, we haven't had those in a while.

Tim was there, Martha, that guy who always looks really pissed off, and some other handlers. No elf ears this year, darn.

A couple of tour buses stopped right in front of us, and let some people out to go to the Scilon Wonderland thing. We warned them about Scientology stealing their brains, and they laughed.

Lots of tourists took our pictures.

I'm actually just ad-libbing right now, until my photos finish uploading. Sheesh.
  2. i'mglib Member

Re: Decmber 19, 2009 Los Angeles

P1000428.jpg
    P1000431.jpg
    P1000432.jpg
    P1000433.jpg
    P1000434.jpg
    P1000437.jpg
    P1000439.jpg
    P1000441.jpg
  3. i'mglib Member

P1000443.jpg
    P1000446.jpg
    P1000447.jpg
  4. tamphex Member

Seeing a scilon with a permanent scowl on their face while they hold a bunch of colorful balloons never fails to make me laugh. Looks like you guys had an awesome time; damn shame the police won't pull their head in.

Edit: wait a minute; moved on for loitering?! Then what in the living fuck was every other single individual in the area doing? Floating?
  5. lokimotion Member

I always enjoy reading about the raids in LA.
    The artwork for that L Ron Cthulhu sign needs to become widespread for the use of the hivemind.
    Haven't read/seen much on Tim lately. Still looks very haggard and wearing them Hawaiian shirts. At least he's wearing pants, but does he continue to play pocket pool?
  6. the anti Member

loading photos on computer now, I think tim was trying to look like santa, we got the names of two more scilons, and saw moxon at HGB. I called him a scumbag because we all know he is
  7. Relyt Member

Re: December 19, 2009 Los Angeles

So, it's only loitering if you're holding a sign? I guess cameras-only are okay.
  8. xenubarb Member

"Loitering."
    Holy crap.
  9. Relyt Member

Did you guys try to challenge that? I mean, I can understand the cops telling us not to block etc, but that's just plain bullshit that needs to be questioned. Either they had some deal with the Scilons, or they're tired of them calling all the time and figured the best way to settle it would be to make the protesters go away (which is what the Scilons wanted).
  10. _You_ Member

Loitering is a victimless crime. In fact I don't really see why it is a crime.
  11. tamphex Member

Bullshit is what it is. I'd love the authorities over here in Sydney to try and pull that on us, they'd be laughed back to their vehicle.
  12. i'mglib Member

Yeah we challenged it, are you kidding? (Btw, where were you, you slacker?) Anyway, Mark/Doug talked the cops' ears off, as you can imagine, which bought us a good hour. Then, with bloody ears, they finally just said we had to move across the street or get cited. But that time some of us were ready to leave anyway, and others were talking about filing a complaint at the Police Station.
  13. lostatsea Member

This has got to be a Scilon Grinch---look at how he's looking at Mark!
  14. Relyt Member

Holidays, life, etc.
  15. i'mglib Member

Hot date?
  16. the anti Member

I heard it was with Bo Derek
  17. i'mglib Member

Bo-759581.jpg

Well, ok, you're forgiven then
  18. the anti Member

no he's not, because he should of brought her

also pics are up, not much, sorry about that, I got there late.
    Picasa Web Albums - the anti - Snow White Xm...

preview

protest_0078.jpg

guy in the back his name is peter, forgot ladies name
    protest_0080.jpg

protest_0089.jpg
  19. i'mglib Member

20. i'mglib Member

21. Tofuman666 Member

Loitering? Fuck that.
  22. Re: December 19, 2009 Los Angeles

The tourist bus arrives:
    IMG_7421-1.jpg

The new guy meets Martha (who I think is adorable):
    IMG_7424.jpg

Glib's new signage:
    IMG_7415.jpg

Mark tries to dissuade the LAPD:
    IMG_7434.jpg

Not long after this last photo was taken a group of five LAPD officers was overheard saying they were going to split up and "sweep them from the sidewalk". They then proceeded to position themselves at opposite ends of the event and systematically informed us one by one that we were "loitering" and that we would be arrested if we choose not to leave. There was conflicting information given to try to confuse us. Some were told we needed to keep moving in order to avoid being arrested. Others (like myself) were told it didn't matter if we moved or not. We were loitering and would be subject to arrest if we didn't leave immediately.

Kudos to Mark for fending them off as long as possible. He earned us nearly an hour of free play protesting, which was really fun btw. But once the sweep started...not so much fun. I myself objected loudly to that loitering business. "I am not loitering, I am protesting! See this sign? I am on public property exercising my constitutional rights!" Fell on deaf ears. Jerks. (Although in all fairness a couple of those coppers looked really uncomfortable following their 'orders'.)
  23. Smurf Member

Winter Wonderland & the HGB:

24. _You_ Member

I wish I was a legal scholar, so I don't know what to say exactly.

But last year, there were more people, a fixed Lucy psychiatrist booth, etc...and no cop made us leave for loitering.
    As far as I know, the big thing the cops wanted was to make the 5 cent price for the Lucy Booth marked to FREE (as we did not have a license to sell anything ;)

Have laws changed in a year?
    I doubt it.
    There are plenty of video and pics from last year to document this.
  25. _You_ Member

This is what happens when sergeants don't know how to handle these situations. I bet "loitering" is just a blanket violation they threaten when they just need people to leave someplace for some reason.

It's very hard to believe that there isn't a distinct legal difference between loitering and protesting.
  26. the anti Member

also tim has really lost his mind, he is beyond anything I have ever seen. I've asked a few question about scientology and what he thinks about his own behavior, and later on he told me I was asking him trick questions. and a friend of mine that joined found him very creepy
  27. Sponge Member

LAPD - To Predict and Swerve
  28. Ann O'Nymous Member

Shiny, happy people...

It is impressive to see how scientology manages to get its way with some police authorities.
  29. tamphex Member

Yeah that photo has convinced me that maybe I'm wrong and that The Organization of Scientology works and helps people.

Have these people forgotten what it feels like to smile??
  30. tamphex Member

Just watched the first YT clip. So let me get this straight in my head..

A old dwarf clam can pretty much invade your personal space with her body and objects held by her but it's the protester who gets moved on for loitering.

Wow. How do you guys cope living in a fucked up place like that?

brb, ensuring Sydney never ends up even remotely like that.
  31. _You_ Member

I thought that was Terl.
  32. Sponge Member

[IMG]
  33. _You_ Member

You know, I never think I'm going to watch all of your videos when you post the footage - but I always wind up doing so. There's just so many little things that happen during protests that wouldn't warrant an entire thread, but are so bizarre...

Such as, Scientologists stealing the Balloon idea from the Anonymous protesters. Then getting a little kid to do their dirty work for them. I felt for Patty a bit in this video. When she says "You don't care about me", I almost feel like the past year of handling is wearing on her a bit emotionally.

Merry Christmas, Patty. I hope you find your way somewhere out where you can find happiness with yourself. Instead of an organization that is using you.
  34. Re: December 19, 2009 Los Angeles

I Think Patty Would Be Awesome To Hang Out With Without The Influence Of The Cult
  35. Re: December 19, 2009 Los Angeles

Did Anyone Get their badge numbers/names?
  36. AnonymousTV Member

37. xenubarb Member

This behavior by LAPD is infuriating, to say the least. Freedom of speech was important enough to the Founding Fathers that they wrote it into the Constitution. To hear of a police department violating a basic right makes me raeg hard!

This needs to be taken up the chain of command until you find someone willing to listen; someone without the stank of cult influence sticking to them. Anyone with connections to the media; spread this far and wide.

Whoever made the decision to violate the rights of protesters needs to be exposed and chastised. A letter of complaint needs to be filed. Not against patrol officers who are only following orders (and have no choice but to do so) but against the person who directed the officers.

We cannot allow this to proceed. This way, fascism lies. And Scientology...well, it just lies, period.
  38. another123 Member

commonsense.png
  39. Re: December 19, 2009 Los Angeles

^This.....
    I tried to look at the pics to get a badge number so i could contact the LAPD... but the resolution wasn't high enough... im still tweaking them out w/ filters
  40. Daisy Member

Nice job guys.

Maybe a couple of signs in spanish amd a protestor who is fluent in spanish.