Customize

DDOS Situation

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: DDOS Situation

gtfobbt.png
  2. OhSah Member

startrek-borg.jpg

a thousand robots typing at a thousand computers
  3. Kilia Member

EDIT: never mind...question answered.
  4. Skeptic1337 Member

Just as a minor quibble. While it doesn't take a rocket scientist to run a botnet they are at least one step above script kiddies on the interwebs evolutionary scale.

Other then that carry on with your demands!
  5. Anonymous Member

The attack came from the IP 127.0.0.1
    LET'S BACKTRACE THE CRIMINAL!
  6. Anonymous Member

It wasn't me. I swear.
  7. Anonymous Member

Strap on your rollerblades, everyone!
    It's time to hack the Gibson!

[IMG]
  8. Anonymous Member

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - WWP down due to ddos attack.

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Is WWP finished?

No one's enamored of you or your l337 friends, baby. You all be so gangsta and shit. <yawn>
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Re: DDOS Situation

Do the police in their countries know?
  11. Re: DDOS Situation

Windows 95 PC's can't hold much protection against viruses. I tried one whan I had problems with my regular computer.
  12. Z3RO Member

It was irc.helldive.org
  13. Anonymous Member

The only way to do it would be to have arbitrary rules around length of membership and number of posts - crude, I know - but decent odds of working. But I spend too much time here anyhow.

/away must go and play outside in the rain
  14. Z3RO Member

i fapped
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

lol - going by the voice, might be Z3RO's big brother - prob taught him how to hack AND how to fap. ;-)
  17. Z3RO Member

Nah Bratty taught me how to fap when i seen them impressive boobs of hers
  18. Re: DDOS Situation

19. Ogsonofgroo Member

Thanks for the afternoon chuckles! Great word thar Rufus!

Oh NOES! Its the 'Aluminhatty!'

Yeh yeh, bad pun.... *sigh*

:p
  20. Anonymous Member

HE'S EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!1!!!ONE!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

when in danger
    or in doubt
    run in circles
    scream and shout.

- Anon
  21. Miranda Member

I also like "aluminiferousness." and "aluminhatty," though it took a minute to feel the full pain of that one. aluminhati?
  22. Anonymous Member

I'm still trying to figure out who this Roy al-Pine character is:

Royal-Pine.jpg

Sounds like a Militant...

(r u seeing pr0n yet?)
  23. eddieVroom Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uv_WGEHr4I]YouTube - John Wayne was a Fag[/ame]
  24. Miranda Member

Derail has been domed. Anyone with complaints, feel free to PM me or another mod.
  25. Anonymous Member

Man this thread really does nicely sum up why you are all such failures.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Re: DDOS Situation

We aren't failures you who daren't say your [strike]real name[/strike] anon screenname! The cult's licking its wounds.
  28. anonymous612 Member

Right, because an anon screenname is totally more his real name.
  29. Re: DDOS Situation

Anonymity, in MY Anonymous?
  30. sue Administrator

This thread so far seems to not have been answered to everyone’s satisfaction, thus i'll give it a go and hope we can drop this subject or at least correct some factual inaccuracies. The amount of questions and answers being as significant this post is bound to end in one very long TL;dr, a fresh supply of your favorite beverage and possibly snacks is advised. Alternatively you could mark this thread as read and move along, going on as usual. I will try to address issues in a as accurate manner as possible, but i must stress i can not disclose each and every aspect of what contingency plans we have or what form of attack results in which form of action. This should be self explaining, although security through obscurity isn't the end all solution to all technical ill's in this case it deters from motivating detractors of triggering certain (costly) security systems.

Yes an anon has come forward to pay for a specific kind of DDOS mitigation, this mitigation service is in place.
    The service that currently is in place is of enterprise quality, unfortunately this means it also costs enterprise class money.
    correct
    I confirm the above, throughout our investigations in what actually happened there has never been any single shred of circumstantial evidence even suggesting a link to scientology.
    That was then, this is now. I understand you could confuse spam runs on newsgroups with denial of service attacks, the truth is that nowadays so said "click and play" botnets and easy to use rfi scanners are available to any teenager bothered with googling for them. It has become increasingly easy to launch attacks against websites.
    This has been my take on several instances of the recent attacks, in several cases i have been proven right.
    It is like trying to disprove the existence of god, let me assure you that most motives are related to the fact that this forum is the #1 hit on anonymous, and that because of that it attracts attacks executed for the most ridiculous reasons. One of the last attacks, i kid you not was executed because of our perceived alliance with 4chan, said attacker was out to cleanse the name of boxxy and had thus taken it onto himself to destroy anything affiliated with anonymous.
    The mitigation we have in place works whenever it absolutely needs to.
    Depending on several factors the site will either be up or down.
    Their servers haven't been behind prolexic for a long time, please do your research.
    WWP is important to most of us, needless to say i care for WWP to be up as much as possible and for as long as possible. We in case of a large scale attack take into account the value of whether the site is needed to be online at that specific time. e.g when there is nothing truly important going on that needs to be acted or seen immediately we'll chose to save the overcharges for when it would actually matter.
    Thank you.
    Yes.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    This approach would not be limited to OSA, but to all detractors of WWP.
    Indeed.
    truth.
    exactly
    There are hundreds if not thousands of attacks executed on a daily basis, unless you are talking major criminal activity the FBI will not care much.
    This is both due to integrity and technical reasons impossible. We do get raw dumps from attacks, however it doesn't mean the ip's figuring in the logs are those actually attacking. Often ipadresses are forged, when looking for attacking methods try to read up on spoofing, smurfing etc.
    see above.
    I second this, if there are still questions after this post please do ask, i would rather have this issue resolved, so we do not need to explain this ad nauseam.
    Are you a federal agent? There is no use for internet vigilantism in this particular instance, since you simply do not posses the investigating powers of say the FBI. As mentioned above the logs will not lead to anything more than already done.
    see above
    Thank you.
    This very much.
    They could start contributing to a war chest in case of significant, prolonged and sustained attacks. The donations page is still available.
    Not panicking and continuing what you do on local sites is in a sense already a contribution, it means we do not have to spend time reassuring you that we care about this site and wish to keep it running as smoothly as possible for everyone. Thank you.
    I hate to disagree with you, but one step can be both interpreted as a leap on the moon as well as a crippled old lady chugging down a street. I firmly believe that in this case it would be closer to the latter.
    WWP and OCMB can simply not be compared. We operate a completely different type of website, with different detractors.
  31. Anonymous Member

Thank you sue
  32. Anonymous Member

Saying "the cult's licking its wounds" doesn't mean yall aren't a bunch of failures.
  33. sue Administrator

Im trying to have a rational discussion with the users. Kindly knock off.
  34. Anonymous Member

Much appreciated Sue. I think this puts it to rest at least for me.
  35. SanguineRose Member

I like cookies
  36. DeathHamster Member

I realize that you're trying to mass-answer a lot at once, but you just argued for my point that setting up a DDoS is not beyond CoS's abilities, and even if they couldn't do it, they could find a teenager to do it for them. (As they probably did with the Hipcrime sporge program back when.)

P.S. I don't confuse easily.
  37. sue Administrator

Occam's razor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  38. Anonymous Member

Oh please tell me that an extended version of how you came by this info is going to find it's way onto ED.

Also, cheers boss.
  39. Major Boyle Member

I wanna see Boxxy and Hanna Minx in some hot lesbo action.
  40. Anonymous Member

yeah, now that's some drama I can get behind.