Customize

DDOS Situation

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2010.

1. RightOn Member

Re: DDOS Situation

feels good to be back up
  2. Anonymous Member

I'm almost cured of my WWP addiction now. Thx to DDOS
  3. nonfza Member

No way your in denial.
  4. anonamus Member

Hey, that's Bubba's line.
    <IMAGE REMOVED....NSFW>
  5. Rockyj Member

me too!
  6. Rockyj Member

Please insert Louise Farrakhan head!
  7. Anonymous Member

It occurs to me that perhaps mods could email everyone who fit a certain profile with an alternate, temporary, 'secret' IP / url when the site gets hit. Might not be available for new users, guests etc in the meantime, but could provide a free 'half way option' for the duration for active users in good standing.
  8. exOT8Michael Member

WB WWP FTW
  9. Miranda Member

The thought of having a "fallout shelter" is kind of appealing, but so far the site hasn't been down for very long at a time. And there would be no way to fairly determine who's trustworthy, people would feel insulted and left out, and I can just imagine the inbox invective. In my opinion it seems tolerable and simpler just to miss a day now and then when stuff like this happens. Gives us all time to catch up on life outside our computers.
  10. RightOn Member

AGREED!
  11. Kilia Member

Are we having fun yet?
  12. Anonymous Member

Anybody who thinks that this denial of service attack is not connected in any way with the church of Scientology, is naïve to say the least. There must be a modus operandi for any action, and the people who are doing this are risking going to prison for participating in this attack. It would be a crazy moderator to suggest that we just let all this go because we think it's just a bunch of script kiddies without Scientology induced motivations – like bribery – like buying criminal activity to wage war against their perceived enemies. Some moderators might want to suggest that we should just let this happen – let the church of Scientology censor our forum whenever a topic arises that they don't want discussed.

This is the way this "church" has always operated. The fact is a moderator will say, "we have no proof," gives credence to what the angry depot has said on his website – that is, the WW P has been overrun by OSA.

If in the United States we have a concept called "equal treatment under the law" the FBI should be investigating the attack on our website – the attack on our civil rights.
  13. Anonymous Member

Correct. This is Anonymous we're talking about. Give everyone an equal voice, and trust none of them.
  14. Anonymous Member

Dox or stfu.
  15. Anonymous Member

Right then. Let's have the moderators disclose the IP addresses of those who have been attacking us, and we will do all the research for the moderators – we will get the Dox for them; and invoke the FBI for them also, just in case AGP is right.
  16. exOT8Michael Member

Do we have any leads on who is doing this illegal DDOS?

Not asking for tinfoil, just real dox/IP addresses etc...
  17. Anonymous Member

Life outside our computers? Does not compute!
  18. Anonymous Member

Chanology is over. Go home.
  19. exOT8Michael Member

...searches appropriate responses from online archives....

NO U !!

lulz.
  20. Anonymous Member

Dox would be good,as to handing out ip's,i don't think they would in case something naughty happens,and it got tracked back to them.
  21. Hicks Member

Being no admin I don't have access to all the information.

But so far what I witnessed from previous DDOS'es were script kiddies from a few obscure chans no one ever heard about.

Naming them would only boost their e-ego and prompt them to attack once more.
    Althoug, as someone pointed out, it sometimes can give us a quite needed break from interneting and gives us a chance to do some IRL stuff we may have put away for a bit.

We are 100% positive this is not coming from scientology at the time.
    The issue is being taken care of behind the scenes by da5id and Sue, whom I trust very much as they have proven more than once that they had the best interest of this website at heart.

If anyone is dumb enough to believe the crazy rumors spread by the likes of AGP and other treehouses founded by users who were banned and are angry about it, as far as I'm concerned they are more than welcomed to gtfo as we do not need more stupid than we already have.

That's all I got. Feel free to contact the admins for more details as I'm busy with other stuff than wwp at the time and I might not have all the answers you seek.
  22. coskilla Member

It's the new world order and trilateral commission DDOS.
  23. Anonymous Member

Duh?!

Have the admins publish the IPs. This attack was a federal crime. Information relating to that crime is public domain; especially when the attack was on everyone who participates in questioning a criminal religion, often favored by the US Government.

Let's not go to that place where we won't publish our own logs of a crime against Anonymous ....though we know you'd rather we just take you word for it, Hicks.
  24. Anonymous Member

The fact people are demanding IP's from a botnet attack just proves that it is time to shut this fucker down and transfer everyone left over to OCMB.
  25. Hicks Member

I don't have the IP's as I have clearly stated in my post I'm not an admin.
    You may PM them if you wish for more info but I cannot guarantee they will give it out to any random faggot who asks for it on the internet.

Learn to read or stfu.

P.S: Anon Poster above me makes a p good point too.

Good day.
  26. exOT8Michael Member

^^^^^ Your mind in a blender...

That's how that comes across. Just sayin'

WWP will live on and be as epic as before and even more.
  27. Anonymous Member

m00n847 e-1337 with level 20 ED proskillz
  28. Ersatz Global Moderator

You are free to leave at any time.
  29. Anonymous Member

No U. Here is what I said.

The admins should give up evidence of a federal crime, don't you think? Did anyone running the show here ask them for them?
  30. Anonymous Member

This is just a crazy notion, but maybe we should just let the admins take care of this? Yeah, I know...you all want to be in on every little breath everyone takes.

Patience, my pretties, patience...
  31. Re: DDOS Situation

You people have no clue how a DDoS works do you?
  32. Anonymous Member

1. First, it happens.

2. Then people get freaked out because they might have to bathe or something instead.

3. Then WWP comes back on.

4. Then people bitch and moan and demand federal blah blah.

5. Then nazi mod blah blah.

The End.
  33. Anonymous Member

Publishing the IP's of a bunch of botted Windows95 PC's isn't going to accomplish very much. If the FBI wants such a list for some reason, they'll ask for it by way of a subpoena. Short of that there's, no sensible reason why any list of IP addresses connecting to WWP, botted or not, should be made available to anybody.
  34. Re: DDOS Situation

exactly.
  35. Anonymous Member

Your condescending attitude is not appreciated Rufus. We actually know quite a bit about it.

Botnet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We also know that when the so-called script kiddies were attacking the church of Scientology website, techniques were used by the Scientologists to identify two attackers – the kid from New Jersey, and the kid from Nebraska, using his computer at the dormitory at Iowa State University in Ames.

I will grant you Mr. firefly, that the church of Scientology probably paid a hefty sum of money corner these two kids; but it did point out that the job can be done.

We have the AMA, the APA, and a tight amalgamation of international companies known as "big Pharma," who would love to do research into finding exactly who conducted this attack on our constitutional rights, and who ordered the attack. Because, unless I missed my mark, that would lead right to the church of Scientology and the dwarf that runs it. It could lead to putting them out of business – the dwarf and his conspirators – for good.

A side note to you Rufus, I enjoyed you in the Hitler film. Do you ever get the feeling that sometimes you are over your head? Or, out of your league
  36. Re: DDOS Situation

No, but the fact that I can't tell if you've being sarcastic or not is an indicator of the aluminiferousness of the things that our user's choose to adorn their heads with.
  37. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

If da5id and Sue are on the case, then I can sleep better at night. Seriously. I am sure that they are doing all they can to put a stop to this or at least get this site up and running again as fast as possible. I personally thank them both for their tireless efforts along with all those that do help.

I have to admit it is a bit of an inconvenience since this site got me into 4chan and the whole Anon VS. Scilon. However, I am not going to grab for my tinfoil hat each and every time it gets DDOSed. Shit happens. That is just how it is and I am not gonna go "ZOMG Scilons!!!" every time things like this happen.

I would help fund or do something to help, but I am limited in time and resources. Especially cash. However, if I had the moulah, you bet your sweet ass I would be dropping it here to help.
  38. Anonymous Member

DDOS is only a minor inconvenience, just about all ops are planned at a local cell level anyway. The only inconvenience is that we can't attention whore as much, LOL

And a break of a day or two is good... Go out. Get some air. Do some sports. Socialize.
  39. Anonymous Member

ipnumbers.jpg
  40. Anonymous Member

What a well said gentleman you are! The fact that the cult is using this newfound, newly accorded power, to select the exact times that our stalwart critics, such as yourself, needs to tackle real-life problems – taking a break of sorts for perhaps a nice walk in the park – doesn't seem to bother such a sage old gentleman as yourself?

Scientology will not be able to continue their decades long criminality with such a astute watchdog as yourself, here, on the alert!