Customize

DC Anonymous Convention

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by SenatorXenu, Mar 5, 2008.

1. kiyiyi Member

Re: DC Anonymous Convention

Just bring lots of Anon girls looking impossibly brilliant and beautiful, as always, dressed to the nines to the elevens to match Anon's suits. The Scilon chicks will leave a trail of bricks behind them.

2. kiyiyi Member

I propose that Anon brings lots of video cameras (in addition to the live feed) and that Anon films any enturbulated Scilons that may be encountered.

3. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

Oh, we'll have plenty of magic picture boxes. Remember, if you're going you NEED to RSVP at the DC board so we know if we need more space. An influx of unplanned Anonymous will suck for everyone.
  4. Gigazz Member

Sweeet!

I don't know if I will be able to attend, but I'll be sure to RSVP soon if it turns out I can.

Jolly good show, chaps!
  5. SenatorXenu Member

A britfag coming?
  6. AnonyMama Member

I won't be able to come because A.)I am too old to rave :lol: , and B.) I live across the country :cry: . But, I think this is the coolest idea, and wish all attendees much success and safety!
  7. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

I am so excited about this. ^_~
  8. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

Oh gawd... I could make it there for 30 bucks on my scooter... but do I really want to drive four days each way... on a scooter... while wearing cosplay...
    Yes, I do. Sadly, I can't make the week-long round trip.
  9. DJR245 Member

I really want to come. Is it better to drive from florida or fly? is there still room?
  10. bannanana Member

Whichever works best for you. I imagine gas costs are on par with flying. Check out the discount airline sites. There is plenty of room, just make sure you RSVP on the DC board (on page 1 in the OP) so they know to expect you.
  11. SenatorXenu Member

With gas prices a flight may actually be cheaper, and we have plenty of room. The Scilons are expecting us now, so we have to build up our numbers quickly
  12. DJR245 Member

Yeah, I think I'll decide in the morning on plane tickets, but I just wanted to say this thing is a really good idea. I feel compelled to attend, as if to witness a historic event. I feel the same way about protesting in Clearwater, which is why I drive so far to get there.
  13. Hieronymous Member

Remember to advertise for this at the 3/15 DC rally
  14. SenatorXenu Member

We will, but the convention isn't exactly for the general public
  15. Sweeney Member

I think he meant advertise to the Anons who frequent one of the other anti-CO$ sites and might not know about this
  16. SenatorXenu Member

Gotcha
  17. Mr Green Member

18. SenatorXenu Member

Sick. :D
  19. psyborgue Member

LOL.. I am sooooo going to be there. I can't wait!
  20. Bowdy Member

its cancelled guys :( CoS went after the Marriot, and the girl that signed the paper work got fired. We are not welcome in the marriot. check the official website for more info :(
  21. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

It is not "canceled," it has been turned from a lulzy party into a lulzy party AND a raid. :guyfawkes: Please do check the stickied thread.
  22. Con Schedule Released

If you need to book a room in this hotel, please contact Hubbard Telescope or SenatorXenu and we'll help with the planning. Convention Location will be released late tomorrow to avoid further CoS fuckery. Party Hard, Anonymous people.

11:00am - 4:00pm
    ANONYCON SETUP (STAFF ONLY)

4:00pm - 6:00pm Protest at the Wardman Park. MEET AT THE WOODLEY PARK/ZOO METRO STOP

6:00-7:00PM Travel for Wardman Park anons to Convention Venue. Convention hotel is very close to Metro and offers a shuttle service.

7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
    Opening Ceremonies

Speakers and videos to be played at Opening Ceremonies TBA. Recap of events that have led up to AnonyCon and tales of Epic Win experienced since the Ides, including the new Anon movie.

8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    Booth Time/Silly Silent Auction

Anons are reminded that hotel policy prohibits food in the conference room. Eat upstairs in the restaurants. Also, enjoy our wonderful booths including the AnonyMeter, the Cult Reading Room, and a possible visit from the Mudkip Appreciation Society. Bid on cool swag from various local Anons, with the proceeds to benefit Friends of Anonymous, Baltimore. (And pay for AnonyCon lol)

9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
    Why We Fight

Speakers TBA.

10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
    AnonyRave Part 1 (All ages)

11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
    Anonies Award Ceremony and Closing Ceremonies
    Soft Close for those that want to leave before...

12:00-AM - 1:00 AM
    AnonyRave Part 2 (PG-16)
    Broadcast live to internets.

1:00AM --> cleanup
  23. Chicknzstin Member

Wow I wish that I was going to this. Good luck my fellow anons and party hard!
  24. Anonereign Member

Britfag here. I am jealous beyond compare.
  25. Good. Britfags are too damn epic anyways.
  26. The warriors of the west coast salute you and demand much in the way of photographic evidence.

Let the skin jobs know that there is nowhere they can hide from us!
  27. For Immediate Internets-Wide Release:
    Anonycon DC 2008

Hyatt Regency Crystal City
    Regency Ballroom C & D (lower level)
    [/size]
    7PM - Midnight
    Saturday, March 22nd, 2008

2799 Jefferson Davis Highway,
    Arlington, Virginia, USA 22202
    Front Desk: 703 418 1234
    RESERVE YOUR ROOMS NOW

We will be Partying Hard at the Hyatt Regency at Crystal City. This location is 5 blocks from the Crystal City Metro Stop. If you don't feel like walking down city streets with masks en masse, our very own shuttle/partyvan will get Anonymous from the metro stop to the hotel. Brace for Epic, guise.

Convention Schedule

4:00pm - 6:00pm
    Protest at the Wardman Park Marriott and Woodley Park Metro

6:00PM - 7:00PM
    Arrival and Registration
    Travel Time for Anons arriving from Wardman Park to Crystal City. The Hyatt is within walking distance from the Crystal City Metro station. There is a shuttle service that runs every 10 minutes from the Metro exit directly to the front door. There is also a shuttle service that runs from Reagan National Airport for out-of-town Anons.

Proceed directly down the escalators to the event floor. The Ballroom is located behind the end of the escalator. Please approach the registration table at the entrance to Ballrooms A & B to be let inside.

DO NOT BRING OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK. DO NOT BRING OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK. DO NOT BRING OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK. And please don't irritate the hotel staff or other guests; be respectful at all times (at least until you get into the Con)

7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
    Opening Ceremonies Part I
    Guest Speakers and Commencement videos abound.

At this point we split into two tracks:

TRACK 1 -
    7:30PM - 8:00 PM
    Opening Ceremonies Part II
    Recap of events that have led up to AnonyCon and tales of Epic Win experienced since the Ides, including the new Anon movie.

8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    Booth Time / Silly Silent Auction

Enjoy our wonderful booths including the AnonyMeter, the Cult Reading Room, and a possible visit from the Mudkip Appreciation Society. Bid on cool swag from various local Anons, with the proceeds to benefit Friends of Anonymous, Baltimore. (And help us pay because we're poor lol)

TRACK 2 -
    7:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Dinner and Cake

Join us all the way upstairs in the Chesapeake Grill for dinner and a first crack at our latest, epic cake!
    NOTE:

• Anons wishing to have dinner and cake are strongly encouraged to wear business casual or at least nice street clothes.
    • Appetizers and Entre├ęs are not cheap. Plan to spend about $40. It is, after all, a hotel restaurant, lol.
    • You have to order something in order to get cake. We'd rather not anger the benevolent hotel staff who are reserving us the seating area.

NOTE THE SECOND: If you just want cake but not dinner, the remainder will be re-presented to Anons at a nearby location TBA after the party.

We all reconvene at...
    9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
    Why We Fight
    More Speakers and Epic Video

10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
    AnonyRave Part 1 (All ages)

11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
    Anonies Award Ceremony and Closing Ceremonies
    This is a soft close for those that want to leave before...

12:00-AM - 1:00 AM
    AnonyRave Part 2 (PG-16)
    Broadcast live to internets.

1:00AM --->
    EVERYBODY OUT

Anons who are still awake can join SenatorXenu for a second cake presentation at a nearby location TBA.

Additional information for out-of-towners
    SHUTTLE SERVICE AVAILABLE WITH CHAIR LIFTS
    FROM RONALD REAGAN NATL AIRPORT:
    Courtesy shuttle service to and from airport is available 5:00am-12:00am. Pickup every 20 min at the top of the hour and 20 minutes and 40 minutes past the hour.

For guests in the area who require transportation back to hotel, call the front desk (1-703-418-1234). Look for blue vans with white lettering saying "Hyatt Regency Crystal City".

Call the hotel directly for van pick-up; there is a courtesy phone in baggage claim area.
  28. Sweeney Member

The ammount of win just delivered by this thread has officially blown my mind. The janitor will be cleaning the grey matter off of the monitor momentarily.

Have fun Anon!!