Customize

DC Anonymous Convention

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by SenatorXenu, Mar 5, 2008.

1. SenatorXenu Member

DC Anonymous Convention

DC Anonymous Convention 2008

We regret to inform you that due to time constraints, we are forced to hold the convention in the same building as Church of Scientology's L. Ron Hubbard Birthday Celebration for members of the entire central east coast of the United States. Due to this we are forced to greatly limit our size to under 200 anons. RSVP at http://www.anonymousdc.com/forums/index.php?board=29.0 now to reserve your spot.

[youtube:13a6s3dz]http://www.youtube.com/v/VH-S-8SwTxY[/youtube:13a6s3dz]

IRC: partyvan #anonycon

"Liberated" Scilon Invitation
    bdayinvitepg1.jpg

DC Anons will be hosting a convention for Anonymous on 3/22 from 4PM to 10PM. Activities include a rave and the CoS party next door.

The Anonymous Code of Conduct still apply, no bullbaiting scilons or infiltrating their celebration. Our mere presence will drive them batshit insane. Let them come to us. Bad behavior will tarnish the reputation of Anonymous and result in EPIC FAILURE.

When: 4-10 PM March 22nd
    Where: Wardman Park Marriott (use Woodley Park Metro)

Suggested Donation of $15 at the door
    (plz this cost a fortune)

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
    Opening Ceremonies

Speakers and videos to be played at Opening Ceremonies TBA. Recap of events that have led up to AnonyCon and tales of Epic Win experienced since the Ides.

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
    Booth Time/Fooding

Anons are reminded that hotel policy prohibits food in the conference room. Eat downstairs in the restaurants by the salons instead to freak the scilons. Also, enjoy our wonderful booths including the AnonyMeter, the Cult Reading Room, and a possible visit from the Mudkip Appreciation Society.

6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
    Why We Fight

Speakers TBA.

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    AnonyRave

AnonyRave will be held at a reasonable volume so as not to disturb hotel patrons. Live musicians are also possible and will be scheduled accordingly.

9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
    Anonies Award Ceremony and Closing Ceremonies

Anons are reminded to check their AnonyCon literature before the Anonies to see if they have been nominated.

ALSO POSSIBLE YET CURIOUSLY UNSCHEDULED:
    Staged V vs DM match
    Live MST3K/rifftrax presentation of Battlefield Earth (This will require a couple hours to account for movie running time and setup/takedown)

To set up a panel/booth contact SenatorXenu@gmail.com

Seats are limited, reserve yours today!
  2. Hieronymous Member

Re: DC Anonymous Convention

Ah man, these kicks are too fresh, kinda wish I was gonna be in DC

then I remember how much crime is there, and that's just from the politicians!
  3. anon^3 Member

Haha, this is great. Too bad I'm on the other side of the country.
  4. SenatorXenu Member

So do one in Cali, we only had to sell our souls to Xenu to pay for it!
  5. Hieronymous Member

Is that a CHALLENGE?

When's the next CA sci convention? I imagine floorspace ain't cheap...
  6. SenatorXenu Member

3/22 is the worldwide celebration of LRH's b-day and I heard thats when theyre rolling out OT IX and X

The invitation we "liberated" promises "expansion"
  7. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

This is fucking hilarious! Wonder if the CoS will go through with it now though? Epic win if they do, but still a win if they have to cancel.
  8. SenatorXenu Member

They're contractually locked in now, we've been waiting to announce, they would loose hundreds of thousands of dollars if they moved. If they do move, that just means there wont be anyone to complain about the rave :mrgreen:
  9. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

So, you bastards have been scheming this and waiting for them to be tied to it? Genious and evil thing to do! I approve!
    I already consider it an epic win! :mrgreen:
  10. SenatorXenu Member

Yep, if this doesn't drive them batshit insane, then I don't know what will. Just imagine coming there, completely unaware, and walking in. Then you see our side, Anon and Marcab flags flying proudly, with anons running about and raving in our room. We don't usually have SeaOrg in DC. I can't wait to see their reaction.
  11. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

DC is full of evil bastards. :guyfawkes: We couldn't let LA and London hog all the fun.
  12. saerat Member

fucking epic =F
  13. Hieronymous Member

Not trying to tell Washington how to do its job, but you should have people on standby, everybody who can make it but can't get into the exclusive Club Anonymous VIP should do some bouncing outside, signs at the ready. Plus you wanna ensure everybody who reserves a spot is legit.
  14. SenatorXenu Member

We've already raised the money to raise the cap to 400 if needed, if we still go over it, hopefully we'll have enough for moar room by then :)
  15. Hieronymous Member

What was the ballpark figure? Do they charge by people, or square footage? And is it like a booth style convention or are you in different ballrooms?
  16. SenatorXenu Member

They give us a cap by rooms we rent, we are doing a booth style convention, space is very limited due to the cost of this hotel. We can do whatever we want with our room. If we have to buy a second room, then the booths will go in there, and the panels and speeches will be in the main room.

The population cap is a grey area, since its not like they're really going to be counting everyone, it just has too look like the right amount.
  17. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

If they cancel, then they must admit to their members they're afraid of Anonymous. Win. If they continue as planned, win. If they attempt to threaten the hotel staff already uncomfortable with their presence, slander anonymous illegally to get our convention revoked, or attempt to intimidate members of Anonymous participating, then we have epic documented proof of fair game to release to the media in this very Anti-CoS climate. Win. If they try to infiltrate and cause a problem, they will be video camera'd and exposed for Anonymous win.

Anonymous will not accept failure.
  18. Hieronymous Member

I think it might be a good idea if you can get people in to tell their disconnection/fair game stories. You could even set it up press conference style if you can get media involved
  19. SenatorXenu Member

Thats a good idea, we are looking for speakers.
  20. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

In progress. Already some speakers have been confirmed. Stand by. :mrgreen:
  21. Hieronymous Member

Most excellent :xenu:

Should definetly take advantage of the space. We are still a bunch of nomads out in LA so media setup is out of the question
  22. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

Oh you guys are clever bastards. :twisted: I can't wait to see the vid for this...

So you guys really DID get the room exactly next to their event? It would be hilarious if they have to walk down the hall past your con to their event. LOL So the hotel is allowing you to bring your own flags and signs? Nice job!
  23. SenatorXenu Member

We are working to bring Anon a live feed from the convention

We also have to go through their ballroom to get to the bathroom

The hotel does not like Scilons, but money is money
  24. Hieronymous Member

Make sure you stay on top of things. You know damn well the scienos are going to try and blame you for upper decking their toilets if not worse
  25. SenatorXenu Member

Don't worry, we're ready for 'em. They've been asked not to return to many hotels in the DC area, hopefully we can add the Wardman Park Marriott to the list.
  26. Anonym Member

This is incredibly lulzworthy, and I applaud the devious bastards who came up with this.

Sadly, I cannot attend, for I live in the faraway lands of cold and harsh Scandinavia, but if there is anything the rest of us can do to support you, please give a shout.
  27. SenatorXenu Member

Stay up to watch the live feed, or vote 5 when we put vids up of all the epic wins
  28. saerat Member

I really wished I lived in DC... make sure its recorded and everything...
  29. Incognitoast Member

I am in england so can't go BUT I would like to donate to the payment fund. Pleast let me know how I can do this.

Thank you.
  30. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

Next door? Oh, no no good Anonymous. We have reserved a spot in the mezzanine above for maximum visibility and advantage point to look down at their festivities.
  31. SenatorXenu Member

We have a paypal, SenatorXenu@gmail.com that I take donations on, thanks for the help!
  32. Uncle Anon Member

Holy FUCK you guys get many internets. Wow!

brassballs1rj3.jpg
  33. lthrrnsrpt Member

QFT

You guys are awesome. Totally made my day. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
  34. Plups Member

Would that be a fixed donation perhaps? hehe

Srsly, sensational stuff DC Anons. Down Under salutes you.
  35. SenatorXenu Member

Anons can donate whatever they feel like, what do we look like, they're next door. :tinfoil:
  36. SweatyJon Member

Holy god, this is brilliant. I salute the people that came up with this and I'll throw some of my mighty British pounds into that PayPal account.

Looks like us Londoners are going to have to come up with something bigger to invalidate your win.
  37. Plups Member

fixed
  38. SenatorXenu Member

Damn Brits, it was hard enough to surpass bugaloo Xenu!
  39. Re: DC Anonymous Convention

I guess I should be grateful I live about 4hrs from DC.
    Now just to get a friend or two to go, since I have never been to DC, and they have...lol (I don't need to get lost..lol)
  40. SenatorXenu Member

Park at one of the outer metro stations and ride in. It keeps your tags safe from Scilons and is MUCH faster during rush hour.