Customize

David Love undercover inside Scientology New York

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by The Wrong Guy, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Intelligence Member

Oh' SHIT - - staff have gone home for the day again - LOL:)

But I have it figured out pretty good now - - One computer is editing another new Video;
    one computer is processing one in Movie-Maker; and the other computer is Uploading
    to Youtube. Seriously - this works great, but sure is hard on ma' frontal lobe brain section:)

Just about done with a FUN video to post soon.

• Like Like x 5
  2. anon walker Moderator

Glove slap baby, yeah!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

^Proof that all you need is Love.

What's next, you tread up to the CLO and sign a Sea Org contract? ;)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Internetzin Member

I'm waiting for someone responsible to say " don't try this at your home branch kiddies"
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnnyRUClear Member

[IMG]
    "Have I heard of dying addicts*? Oh yes, in fact I know of quite a few, but we're doing something about it."

* hint: say "dying addicts" a few times out loud, rapidly... ;-)
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Random guy Member

You tease!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Intelligence Member

LOL - ^^^^ Soon:)

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

The cult just uploaded a new video, and this thread seemed like the place for it.

Tour of the Church of Scientology New York

• Like Like x 2
  10. There's only one element of truth in this video - that there isn't a single person inside this org. I don't know how they can afford the property tax on this building. It must be a large sum considering the value of the building.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fishypants Moderator

Do they get some kind of reduction on property tax in New Yoik, like they do (unfortunately) in London?
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

An article that was published today fits this thread.

Cult Rush Week: The Church of Scientology Thinks I'm Terrible | Gawker

It was muggy in the city and hot as hell, so I figured it was as good a day as any to escape the heat by taking an introductory personality test at the Church of Scientology's New York headquarters. It's appropriately located in the theater district, with a Broadway-style marquee out front and flat screen televisions outside playing clips about the church on loop.

The lobby was blandly corporate, with a staircase leading down to a glassed-in library and L. Ron Hubbard quotations written large on the walls. Conspicuously missing was my favorite Hubbard quote of all — "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion."

I checked in at the front desk and was introduced to a sweet woman about my age with the easy charm of a sorority sister. She led me down the stairs and had me fill out some basic information — my name, address, occupation. I said "in flux" for everything but my name, which is not actually a lie, since I just moved to the city and I'm looking for work.

She smiled reassuringly and crossed the rest of the questions out. Aimlessness is apparently not a disqualifier for Scientology — perhaps it's even a qualifier (At this rate, though, I'd never be invited to the Celebrity Centre of New York, where Elisabeth Moss and Greta Van Susteren go to detox when they're here).

She sat me down at a small desk with a 200-question multiple choice test: The Oxford Capacity Test, a "scientific" personality test devised by Hubbard to get new recruits in the door. Once they've identified your flaws, they can point you towards any number of introductory courses to get you started on your way to immortal perfection. If you're curious, you can take the test here — but you'll have to head to your local Scientology center to get it assessed.

I went back and forth between trying to answer honestly and trying to beat the system. "Is your life a constant struggle for survival?" I mean, yes, technically? But I filled in the "no" bubble, anxious to avoid any question-specific concern trolling during the analysis.

Immediately after came, "Do you often sing or whistle just for the fun of it?" Slam-dunk, I thought, coloring in the "yes" bubble extra-dark.

"Do you intend two or less children in your family even though your health and income will permit more?" You're allowed to write longer answers on the back, but I figured "can barely care for a dog" wouldn't help my results.

I was surprised by how emotionally exhausted I was by the end of the 200 questions. There were a lot of questions about depression, fear of responsibility, and at least four on nervousness around loud noises. Many seemed directly related to how good you'd be at taking up with a cult: "Would the idea of making a complete new start cause you much concern?" (Yes) "Do you prefer to abide by the wishes of others rather than seek to have your own way?" (No) "Are you suspicious of people who ask to borrow money from you?" (I don't know, are they trying to sell me on a self-help philosophy that might actually kill me?)

Once finished, I visited the bathroom to type up some notes on my phone. When I came out another woman had appeared to retrieve my test and whisk me up two flights of stairs to an airy balcony overlooking the lobby. It was littered with balloons for an upcoming event. "Dianetics" books, pamphlets, and something that looked like a board game were arranged on shelves everywhere, giving the place a gift-shop feeling.

Along the wall were three television screens with a selection of themed videos and awkward little ottomans in front of each. She sat me on the edge of one and showed me how to scroll through a bunch of videos on Hubbard. They started with his early life — apparently he rode a lot of horses around Montana as a kid and was a child prodigy — but I got bored with them pretty quickly and started spacing out.

The first woman retrieved me and took me downstairs again for the I.Q. test. I sat at the desk again, with 30 minutes to answer 80 questions. They were standard-issue I.Q. questions, like object rotation and dividing string proportionally. My brain was turning slowly into mush. This is how they break you down, I decided. 280 multiple choice questions over two hours. Cult indoctrination, SAT-style.

Continued at http://gawker.com/cult-rush-week-the-church-of-scientology-thinks-im-ter-1610464408
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Intelligence Member

LOVE EET!!! ^^^ <3 :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Intelligence Member

LMAO ^^^ :p

No Sea ORG Contract, but will stop briefly in New York again next month and a few
    other USA Cities for an 11 day visit to ... Ummm ... will post pics and video when
    landed, settled in and .... ? :D

OSA Clowns already know 50% of why and where so no big deal posting here ...

Cheers ...