Customize

David Love - Court Hearing Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Intelligence, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Intelligence Member

Re: David Love - Court Hearing Date Set

What does that mean? (mod edit) it is now.
  2. Re: David Love - Court Hearing Date Set

A mod took the unacceptable out of the post.
  3. Re: David Love - Court Hearing Date Set

It’s easy to advise when away from the situation but difficult to make sure that advice is good, I agree, ask those close to you who can see if you’re tired etc. Also ask yourself, is it worthwhile to exhaust yourself writing very long reports that the important people won’t have time to read fully? If the court case were a year away I would say you write a long thesis and also a shorter summary.

As it is I suggest writing a report, and make it as long as can without exhausting yourself, concentrate on what you personally witnessed. When dealing with what other people witnessed a short summary with a link to the website of the person who witnessed or researched the other abuses is likely to be at least as good as a long work paraphrasing what the other researcher wrote. If research on Naconon is in a library then you could write a brief summary and enclose photocopies of important parts to the extent that Canadian copyright law allows. You may like to concentrate on Naconon in Canada as Canadian courts only have jurisdiction there but write just enough about other countries to show that it is a worldwide problem. You’ve got many reports about Naconon abuses in places like Australia and the UK, a short summary of problems in these other countries with a list of links may be all that is required over this. You can try asking your legal adivsers how you should concentrate your work.

A great deal depends on you, remember doing your best means avoiding overwork.
  4. Intelligence Member

A mod took the unacceptable out of the post.[/QUOTE]

A mod never touched it. I deleted the entire story and changed to "I'm sure it was".
  5. Intelligence Member

I question everything and I come to terms with everything. I do what I feel is right and just and I do it with every fiber of my being. I seldom do what I do not love to do. Right now I AM doing what I love to do and I am not likely to change pace except work harder, but wiser. Please stop worrying about me. They will not wear me down; they know that much about me. And some of the executives know better than to piss me off; which they made the mistake of doing a few times now. This is me and this is who I will continue to be; a stubborn and tenatious old Irishman, who Loves a good fight and doesn't give up...., EVER!
  6. Anonymous Member

Given your intractable and admirable dedication, I hope all anons who are nearby will take the initiative to offer help in whatever ways possible: making copies, running errands, helping with busywork, whatever, so that you can focus on the tasks that only you can do. You could use a personal army at this time.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

Then the mod must have edited my post after you did that, and inserted the red comment. Presumably, this was in order to prevent confusion; had someone read your new, one-line post and then my post following it, with no mod edit, it would have seemed a bit odd. With the mod edit added in, I think it's easier to follow what happened.

(Note to those who never saw David's original post: it was an account of some things he had witnessed recently which were not directly relevant to Scientology/Narconon. The reason I asked the question pertained to the nature of what was in the post. 'nuff said!!)

^^^^^^^^ this, for sure!
  8. Intelligence Member

I agree. Enough said :-> . Many people are helping in the background; a very capable and dedicated "army." I am amazed at how much has been accomplised over the past year. Much has not been posted, but will be in due course. I unerstand how some people could be worn down and throw in the towel. It's not easy for me. There has been some "trying" moments; when I've said, "why me god.? Why?" And then I simply say, "why not; I can do this as well as many others could." It's a battle we can't loose. Why? "Because Time Is On Our Side."
  9. JohnnyRUClear Member

time-cover.jpg
  10. Anonymous Member

11. Intelligence Member

I can't keep up to all this stuff.

XXXXXXX has contacted you regarding the following article -

URL - David Edgar Love vs Narconon Trois Rivieres - "The Wheels of Justice"

Here is an exerpt from the lengthy email:

I've been reading your articles about Narconon and don't know if you can provide me with any assistance or not but don't know where else to turn.

Is there anyone else there that you know of whom I could speak with or any other avenues I can try?

I could use some help answering all these emails that are pouring in from my several press releases?

Any suggestions?
  12. peterstorm Member

There used to be a forum for NN victims...
  13. xenubarb Member

There did, and I ran it for a couple of years. The stories were the same as we're hearing today, and people were asking who they could turn to for help.

Many were victims of NN Stone Hawk, and I posted directions on filing a complaint with the state AG. I don't know if he ever responded, but I think he got a flood of complaints. People were seeking help then, and they are now.

They need to have a Victims of Narconon facebook page or something. Strength in numbers, strength in unity. It would be good if they all got together and started talking.
  14. xenubarb Member

Is there any way I could answer some for you? Narconon...I know stuff.
  15. SickLab Member

David, if you'd like, we could add an anonymous - and bilingual - sub forum for ex-Narconon patients from N-3R so they can come here and tell their stories. Would the people who send you these emails be interested in doing that? As I am seeing it, it has been a therapeutic experience for you to tell your story here, why not them?
  16. lostatsea Member

Casualties of Narconon
  17. Intelligence Member

Yes, it has been therapeutic and I'll probably feel even better when we're at the Court Hearing and I can tell the "whole" story about that place and the people who run it.

Some of these people who contact me are afraid to speak out and simply don't know what to do. If they told their story on here, they would know who it is. And I'm not even sure if it is someone legit or someone "baiting' me to inadvertantly give them legal advice, which I wouldn't do.

I'm being cautious not to do or say anything that they may be able to use at the court hearing. I'm going to sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow about what, how, or if I should jump into this NN TR messy issue.
  18. Intelligence Member

I'm in contact with the NN victim. Hope to have a doc soon. Marc Bernard's, (NN director), reputation and credibility could take another hit. It's an issue of services not provided for $23,000 paid. May go to media. Waiting for more details and dox.
  19. Intelligence Member

Can someone who is French do a Court Records search for me. I tried in English, but no luck. Narcnnon Trois-Rivieres was sued by a lady in the summer of 2009. The suit was for about $65,000, but settled out of court for half in a monthly payment agreement. The statement of claim should be public record in Trois-Rivieres court records. Not small claims, because it was over $10,000.

The record would be in Superior or Supreme Court files.

I need these records for my case and possibly another persons. Aline Proulx, (Narconon Canada), was in the negotiations process and while asking me my opinion on it, she gave me the details. It would be very helpful if I had the actual Statement of Claim.

The lady signed a Release and Discharge and can not discuss the settlement details, but I can.
  20. Intelligence Member

Received an email again and this is not a big deal. Just the same old Narconon "stall tactics" in paying a refund to a patient Sponsor. Not much I or anyone but a lawyer can do for them. It's a Civil Court matter, if Narconon does not pay the refund, as they have promised to do.

Waiting for more details on why the patient left issues.
  21. Intelligence Member

Thank You All

A while ago, an Anon mentioned someone not being in my "Monkeysphere." I thought, ""What the Hell is the Monkeysphere?" So I searched and found this:

What is the Monkeysphere? | Cracked.com

It took up a bit of my time, but interesting and logical.

So apparently, my Monkeysphere is about 150 and I want to thank all of you for your encouragement, support, advice, and friendship. I am blessed.

Thanks Annonymous!

An Ol' Irish Quote:

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to get back to work and "bust some balls."

22. Anonymous Member

bump
  23. peterstorm Member

I started looking but I need more specific infos, like a name, to narrow down the research.
  24. Intelligence Member

Same problem I had before. I'll check some emails from Aline Proulx. Heenan and Blaikie was the law firm and it in the summer of 2009. The record of the Statement of Complaint has to be there in the Courts?
  25. peterstorm Member

If it was against NN it should come up in the search. I see other court documents but not the one you're reffering to?
  26. Intelligence Member

Is there any dox that refer to "ANYONE" vs Narconon Trois-Rivieres in Small Claims of Upper Courts where the claim is above $10,000. Actually I think Quebec may be $7,500? I thin BC is $10,000,...LOL

Too bad I didn't know way back then that I would be where I am right now. I would have written down her name and other info; like I did with so many other things I saw there. It didn't seem important at the time. But it is now.
  27. Anonymous Member

The second snapshot below shows the search results if you search for Narconon in Quebec court decisions at the website of the Société québécoise d'information juridique, which "publishes decisions from the judicial and administrative tribunals of the Province of Québec" (explanation in English).

Search criteria:
    narconon20101124search.jpg

Search results:
    narconon20101124searchr.jpg
  28. JohnnyRUClear Member

Perfect recall? Scientology can help you with that.
  29. Intelligence Member

I am going to have to find or get the name. I know a couple people who know what it is. May take a couple days.
  30. Intelligence Member

On another issue. Is there a way to find out how much Federal Government money in Canada is given to the First Nations Band Councils to address the substance abuse.

The following First Nations is of most interest, but there are others out west.

This is a web site that is owned by a Montour family member (ex-chiefs daughter), which directs referrals to Narconon.

Canadian Drug Rehab - Drug Rehab Canada - 1-888-898-1110 - Canadian Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers

Akwesasne

Mohawks - Akwesasne

The above will also be coming out in a Court Hearing. Some people are upset about this coming out, but so be it; it needs to be Exposed.
  31. Intelligence Member

I think I may start a new thread for this next Expose because bouncing back and forth between this one and the Narconon Party - One Dead, is getting confusing to me and hard to keep track of :)
  32. Intelligence Member

UPDATE:

Working on Subpoena/Summons and Affidavit list. Will meet with Lawyer soon.

This could be quite a lengthy Court Hearing :)

That's all I can say right now without legal advice, but it's looking very good indeed.

14buvy1.gif

x1zzmx.jpg
  33. Intelligence Member

Frustrating!

Just got off the phone to my lawyer's assistant. She said there is only one day set aside for the hearing? I told her I needed to meet and submit a Summons list and that my testimony alone could take at least one day and there are several witnesses.

Hoping to meet with lawyer ASAP to bring him up to speed about when, how, and why these offences occurred and what it's going to take to prove it. I don't think he's gone up against a scilon law firm before?

The assistant then said they will probably adjorn after the first day and set additional days.

They're making me nervous!

/.
  34. AuntAnonymous Member

Hang in there and don't let pre-hearing chatter affect you.

Let it play out because there's no point wasting energy anticipating what could happen.

Once you talk with your lawyer (not the assistant) you can voice your opinion but remember, you wouldn't tell your dentist how to do a root canal. So don't let a conversation with an assistant get your dander up.

I'm hoping that all goes well.

Take care!
  35. BigBeard Member

Dave,

In these kind of cases the initial court date almost always ends up with additional hearing dates being set. As the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' puts it, "Don't Panic!"

BigBeard
  36. anon8109 Member

A legal battle is like a game of chess, the better you can predict what your opponent will do, the better you can play.

Scientology's legal tactics are pretty well known by now:

- file 1000 frivolous motions to stall the proceedings
    - start personal legal attacks against the opposition, including the lawyers.
    - derail the trial by bringing up all kinds of irrelevant arguments regarding religion, human rights, etc
    - use private investigators to find sensitive points to attack in the opposition. Use blackmail if possible, attack what people care about: their pets, their family, their savings.
    - infiltrate the offices of the opponents to steal/destroy evidence.

These just off the top of my head. The government lawyers and judge must be made aware of these tactics so they can be prepared for these kinds of attacks.
  37. Intelligence Member

MMmm, well I won't get my dander up, nor am I the Client to sit back and do nothing. I think when I do meet with him, (and it better be soon), and stack another few hundred pages of dox on his desk, he may get the message that is not a wee frivilous little case that will only take one day.

No I wouldn't tell my dentist how to do a root canal, I would tell him to pull the friggin tooth out!, LOL,.......,

And the Hearing will be in French! Oh lovely. So, they will have a translator beside me. So everything I say, will have to be repeated in French.

All will go well, fair and Just; I won't allow it to be anything less ;-)

38. Intelligence Member

Contacted Ombudsman. They monitor and protect the fair and Just proceedings for citizens, and have the authority and power to step in and direct government proceedings. Not panicking; just being pro-active :)
  39. Bipolart Member

A wise move. Take nothing for granted.
  40. DeathHamster Member

Yeah, but the court doesn't understand that yet. They set aside enough time to see how it's going, get the feel of it, and then they get serious about scheduling the real blocks of the court's time.

"Vaster than empires and more slow."