Customize

Danny Masterson rape allegations investigated by LAPD

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Mar 3, 2017.

1. White Tara Global Moderator

Fi Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of Masterson. :mad:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Netflix Takes No Action Against Danny Masterson Despite Multiple Rape Accusations

Netflix says it’s “aware” of the investigation and “will respond if developments occur.”

By Yashar Ali, HuffPost

Excerpt:

A Netflix spokesman has not immediately replied to follow-up questions sent after its statement about not taking action against Masterson.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

More at https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-rape-accusations_us_59fd03c5e4b0c9652fff718a
    • Like Like x 2
  3. "Remini, not wanting to jeopardize the investigation, asked A&E not to air the episode, and the network agreed."

Has she changed her mind?
  4. White Tara Global Moderator

No idea, largely wishful thinking out loud on my part but Leah's no wilting lily. I would like to think shes considered the opportunity of the current climate, but shes more informed about the case than any of us. I am sure she will make the right decision and use her influence either way with A&E responsibly.
  5. I wonder when Ashton Kutcher will respond to these allegations. He's famous for being an early adopter of Twitter, so his feed is probably blowing up with this.
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

Here are three more articles, published today:

Netflix is going forward with a series starring an actor accused of rape | The Independent

A report says the investigation has stalled, despite multiple sources claiming 'compelling evidence' in the case

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-scientology-lapd-investigation-a8037466.html

Leah Remini Did Interviews With All The Women Accusing Scientologist Danny Masterson With Rape | Inquisitr

https://www.inquisitr.com/4598629/l...sing-scientologist-danny-masterson-with-rape/

Leah Remini Interviewed Danny Masterson’s Alleged Rape Victims | Uproxx

http://uproxx.com/news/leah-remini-danny-masterson/
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

dmasterson-sea-org.png

Danny Masterson Joins the Sea Org CLO in Canada | OTVIIIisGrrr8!

Quote:

“Danny Masterson wanted a higher purpose in life than acting,” said Scientology spokesman Ken Delusion. “Danny also needed a billion year break from the entheta of Hollywood, a change of jurisdiction so to speak.”

“And so that’s why Danny joined the Sea Org in Canada. He has been transported to Ice Station Hubbard, a remote CLO Base somewhere north of the Arctic Circle. Accessible only by air, Danny made what was probably the last flight into ISH now that winter has set in. There’s no cellphones or telexes up there either. Danny is basically inaccessible and COB likes it that way.”

Source: https://otviiiisgrrr8.com/2017/11/04/danny-masterson-joins-the-sea-org-clo-in-canada/
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Quentinanon Member

I think it must be a moral stretch for adherents to the Hollywood culture who have normalized decades of rapes and exploitation of women to finally expose Harvey Weinstein, one of their own. Perhaps Masterson has not raped enough women yet to pass the Hollywood threshold of condemnation. Sick culture.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Danny Masterson Rape Accuser Comes Forward to Blast Netflix: ‘We Do Matter’

The star of Netflix’s ‘The Ranch’ has been accused of sexual assault by four women. For the first time, one of Masterson’s alleged victims has come forward to speak out.

By Amy Zimmerman, The Daily Beast, November 16, 2017

Excerpt:

Masterson currently appears on The Ranch, a Netflix Original that he co-produces and co-stars on with longtime friend Ashton Kutcher. Netflix renewed the series in April 2016; on October 17, 2017, Masterson and Kutcher revealed that The Ranch: Part 4 would drop in December. As Ali noted, this October announcement came a full seven months after Ortega made the LAPD’s case against Masterson public. While Netflix does not feign ignorance of Masterson’s alleged crimes, they’ve refused to take definitive action in light of the alleged assaults. A spokesperson told HuffPost, “We are aware of the allegations and the subsequent investigation, and will respond if developments occur.”

When pressed for comment by The Daily Beast this week for this story, a Netflix spokesperson said that they didn’t have anything to add to the previous statement.

On July 4, 2017, the official The Ranch Twitter gleefully announced that, “20 More Episodes of ‪#TheRanch Are Coming in 2018!”

One of Masterson’s rape accusers, Chrissie Carnell Bixler, told The Daily Beast that she “can no longer be silent,” adding, “the only way to protect ourselves is to speak.”

Her full statement is as follows:

“I was sick when I read Netflix’s statement on continuing with The Ranch and continuing their working relationship with a man who has violently raped and abused so many women. Four months after the story broke, and the LAPD confirmed a criminal investigation, Netflix ordered another season of The Ranch. After the HuffPost piece, and the journalist reaching out 15 times to get a statement from Netflix, [they] ultimately said they will continue to work with Masterson until something develops. (Not the actual quote obviously.)”

“For me, what Netflix has done, feels like a continuation of how the Church of Scientology made me feel when I reported my rape to them, as well as how Danny Masterson made me feel when I would beg him for an apology, an explanation, anything. I was made to feel unimportant. I was made to feel like I didn’t matter. Like what Danny Masterson did to me didn’t matter. My body doesn’t matter, because it doesn’t belong to me. The trauma and emotional pain doesn’t matter, because I just don’t matter. ‘Danny Masterson is a celebrity. He flourishes and prospers in life. You protect that and reward that.’ -direct quote from the Church of Scientology. I don’t matter. The other women don’t matter. Our pain means nothing, and we should be good little girls and shut our mouths. No! I’m going to be an amazing woman who will NOT shut my mouth when I find out my rapist raped countless other women. I will NOT shut my mouth when Netflix tries to make us feel like we don’t matter. We DO matter. We ARE important. We will see justice for what was done to us, and is continuing to be done to us...and for all those who knew/know and are either actively helping this serial rapist or are choosing to stay silent...YOU don’t matter.”

“Victims are taking back the power that was stolen from us, and things are going to change. Netflix should write that down.”

Danny Masterson did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

When pressed for comment, The Church of Scientology sent a letter from a law firm representing them that read, in part, “It is per se defamatory to accuse the Church of engaging in, fostering, or covering up criminal behavior,” adding, “The Church will not stand by idly and be accused, directly or by implication, of committing a crime.”

More at https://www.thedailybeast.com/danny...r-comes-forward-to-blast-netflix-we-do-matter
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

'Fuck you Netflix': Woman who accused Danny Masterson of rape is furious at Netflix for renewing his show 'The Ranch'
    • Chrissie Carnell Bixler is among at least four women who have claimed that Danny Masterson, 41, raped them
    • Despite the claims against him, Netflix announced it would continue 'The Ranch', which Masterson stars in alongside Ashton Kutcher
    • On Wednesday Bixler tweeted: 'FUCK YOU NETFLIX #dannymasterson'
    • Bixler said she is upset that Netflix will continue to work with Masterson,'a man who has violently raped and abused so many women'
    • Masterson, who starred in in That '70s Show, has previously denied all claims
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5089339/Woman-accused-Danny-Masterson-rape-upset.html

Woman accusing Danny Masterson of rape blasts Netflix for renewing 'The Ranch' despite LAPD investigation

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...sterson-rape-blasts-netflix-article-1.3636369

https://twitter.com/ChrissieBixler

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=ChrissieBixler
    • Like Like x 4
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

CEDRIC BIXLER ZAVALA‏ @cedricbixler_ Nov 2
    CEDRIC BIXLER ZAVALA Retweeted Tony Ortega
    Litigious Vampirism upheld by the Renfield of Hollywood. Have u been bitten? I carry a wooden stake where ever I go. Please read.
    https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/02/r...-mastersons-attorney-sent-victim-a-s-husband/

CEDRIC BIXLER ZAVALA‏ @cedricbixler_ Nov 16
    My wife is one of Danny Masterson’s rape victims. Of course Danny being the scumbag he is outed her by name a while ago with the help of his ding bat publicist Jenni Weinman. The Church of Scientology has been harassing us since last year when she pressed charges.

Our phones and computers have been tapped and the Church has been outsourcing private investigators and various thugs to follow and try and intimidate my family under the policy known as fair game. If anything happens to my wife while I’m gone on tour then you’ll know why.

All my wife ever wanted was an apology from Danny Masterson for raping her. All she got was a letter from him that would make your skin crawl. Can you imagine how the other 3 victims feel? Allegations my ass we are stuffed to rafters in evidence.

My wife pressed charges against Danny Masterson a year ago after learning of the other victims that he and the Church of Scientology had silenced. Twitter, TMZ, LAPD are all bought and paid for.

Last year around November I got a cease and desist letter from Marty "the Renfield of Hollywood" Singer because my tweets were too suggestive. I never named Danny once. Marty use to rep Cosby. Need I say more?

I predict Danny Masterson will pull a Polanski and flee.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

His wife sounds like a piece of work, too.

Bijou Phillips Apologizes For Homophobic Harassment of ‘Mean Girls’ Star Daniel Franzese

The actor says Phillips bullied, body-shamed and assaulted him on the set of their 2001 film.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-phillips-apology_us_5a09b3e4e4b00a6eece2fa33

Actress Heather Matarazzo Tells Daniel Franzese That Bijou Phillips Once Strangled Her

Quote:

On the most recent episode of Shut Up and Listen, the podcast of 35-year-old lesbian American actress Heather Matarazzo — best known for playing dorky girl Dawn Wiener in the 1995 dark comedy Welcome to the Dollhouse — told gay actor Daniel Franzese that actress Bijou Phillips strangled her just before they filmed the 2007 horror film Hostel: Part II. About a week ago, Franzese wrote that Phillips had bullied and physically attacked him while shooting the 2001 dramatic film Bully.

Continued at https://hornetapp.com/stories/heather-matarazzo-bijou-phillips/

Lots more: https://www.google.com/search?q=Bijou Phillips&tbm=nws
  15. tippytoe Member

Masterson and Phillips sounds perfect for each other. What a couple of violent assholes.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Cedric Bixler-Zavala Implies a Recent At the Drive-In Song Is About Danny Masterson’s Alleged Assault of His Wife

By Anna Gaca, SPIN

Quote:

Earlier this year, a sexual assault allegation against actor and longtime Scientologist Danny Masterson found an unlikely outlet in the lyrics of a song on At the Drive-In’s fourth album in•ter a•li•a, released in May, though almost nobody picked up on it at the time.

Allegations against Masterson first became public in March, when Los Angeles police confirmed journalist Tony Ortega’s report that the department was investigating three alleged rapes by the former That ’70s Show actor. The story gained even more traction in the post-Harvey Weinstein climate, as the Huffington Post and other outlets reported further on the cases. Through a representative, Masterson denied the allegations, calling them “false,” and suggested they were prompted by actress Leah Remini’s documentary series Scientology and the Aftermath, which is sharply critical of the Church.

Though few members of the public were aware of it, At the Drive-In frontman Cedric Bixler-Zavala (also formerly of the Mars Volta) had a personal connection to one of Masterson’s alleged victims. Bixler-Zavala’s wife of eight years, Chrissie Carnell Bixler, has now publicly accused Masterson of raping her. Like other alleged victims, Chrissie Bixler was previously a member of Scientology herself, and reportedly had dated Masterson; the two were often photographed together around the turn of the millennium. According to Cedric, Chrissie is one of the women who approached LAPD to accuse Masterson.

After Chrissie came forward as an accuser, Cedric took to Twitter to suggest that At the Drive-In listeners had missed something. “U might wanna go back and re read my ‘nonsensical’ lyrics off our last ATDI record,” he wrote. Fans quickly identified one recent song in particular: “Incurably Innocent,” which features lines like, “A blank tape that couldn’t remember / But you can never erase the hurt,” and, “In a closet she hid in eternity sleep / With the fear of God at the end of his whip.” Months earlier, in an interview with NME, Cedric described “Incurably Innocent” as “a song about sexual abuse and being able to finally speak out.”

Another line in the song, fans suggested, pointed even more directly to Masterson’s prominent position in the Church of Scientology: “You locked up in the trance of a memory / Marching to the coffins on Franklin Avenue.” The Church’s Los Angeles “Celebrity Centre,” a location aimed at attracting high-profile figures to the movement, is located on Franklin Avenue. (Chrissie Bixler subsequently appeared to confirm this interpretation with a retweet.)

Continued at https://www.spin.com/2017/11/at-the-drive-in-cedric-bixler-zavala-danny-masterson-scientology/

At The Drive-In - Incurably Innocent

Lyrics:

Pray that your family never forgets
    The arousal from a corpse that fuels your taste
    Blonde to the shoulders blind to the pill
    He found solace in the act of infection
    A blank tape that couldn't remember
    But you can never erase the hurt
    Out in the dial-toned distance someone heard

He keeps a-hiding your photograph
    Of the moment that you needed to emasculate his photograph
    Locked up in the trance of a memory
    Photograph of the moment that you needed to emasculate his photograph
    But you locked up in the trance of a memory
    Marching to the coffins on Franklin Avenue

Preyed on the anguish you better run
    Always dragging a finger across his throat
    Mannix the fixer to sage the ghosts and the faith that awarded his every move
    Blank tape that couldn't remember
    But you can never erase the hurt
    Out in the dial-toned distance someone heard

Just float the needle when the rum fits a tremor at hand
    And he can’t seem to find his direction home

Just float the needle when the rum fits a tremor at hand, yeah
    And he can’t seem to find his direction home

In a closet she hid in eternity's sleep
    With the fear of God at the end of his whip

• Like Like x 3
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

The rock music press has picked up the story that was published yesterday by SPIN. Here is some of the coverage:

At the Drive-In Singer Cedric Bixler-Zavala Says His Wife Was Raped by Actor Danny Masterson | Diffuser

The disturbing stories that have recently surfaced regarding actor Danny Masterson have taken a darker turn after a series of tweets posted by At the Drive In singer Cedric Bixler-Zavala, who has accused Masterson of raping his wife Chrissie Carnell Bixler — and insists he's "stuffed to rafters in evidence."

http://diffuser.fm/danny-masterson-at-the-drive-in-rape-allegations/

At the Drive-In Exposes Alleged Assault of Wife In 'Incurably Innocent' | Hysteria Magazine

The At The Drive-In frontman says that the Church of Scientology have “been outsourcing private investigators and various thugs to follow and try and intimidate my family under the policy known as fair game,” alleged to have hacked their computers and security systems, and also fears for his wife Chrissie’s safety, after privately pressing charges against Masterson last year.

http://www.hysteriamag.com/drive-exposes-alleged-assault-wife-incurably-innocent/

At the Drive-In’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala Accuses Actor Danny Masterson of Raping His Wife | Loudwire

With Hollywood on high alert over sexual misconduct, more and more names continue to surface, including that of actor Danny Masterson who was accused of rape by four women earlier this month. The Masterson case has ties to the rock world, as At the Drive In's Cedric Bixler-Zavala has revealed that one of the women the actor allegedly assaulted was his wife, Chrissie Carnell-Bixler.

http://loudwire.com/at-the-drive-in-cedric-bixler-zavala-accuses-danny-masterson-raping-wife/

At the Drive-In's Cedric Bixler-Zavala accuses Danny Masterson of raping his wife | Metal Insider

This past March, there were reports on a sexual assault allegation against actor and Scientologist Danny Masterson (That ‘70s Show, The Ranch). The Hollywood Reporter initially stated that at least three women revealed that they were sexually assaulted by Masterson during the early 2000s. Additionally, details about these allegations were most likely covered-up by the Church of Scientology. During that time, Masterson denied all allegations.

http://www.metalinsider.net/current...la-accuses-danny-masterson-of-raping-his-wife

At The Drive-In frontman hints that song is about Danny Masterson's alleged assault on his wife | NME

Cedric Bixler-Zavala says fans "might wanna go back and re read my 'nonsensical' lyrics" from band's recent album.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/at-th...y-mastersons-alleged-rape-of-his-wife-2162124
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Quentinanon Member

I wonder where Ashton Kutcher and his wife Mila Kunis stand on allegations of rape by Masterson.
    For Kutcher, is it all about the money?
  19. Also, his sister Alanna Masterson, who plays a leading role in The Walking Dead, currently airing new episodes, might be asked to comment on this issue.
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Danny Masterson’s Publicist Suggested A Woman Can’t Be Raped By A Man She’s In A Relationship With

Four women have accused Masterson of rape.

By Yashar Ali, HuffPost

Quote:

In a recorded phone call obtained by HuffPost, Jenni Weinman, the longtime publicist of actor Danny Masterson, suggested to one of the four women accusing Masterson of rape that a woman who is in a relationship with a man can’t claim that man raped her. In that conversation, Weinman remained unfazed when presented with accusations that her client had raped women while they were unconscious.

<snipped>

In a statement, Weinman told HuffPost: “I respect the law. I would never cover up wrongdoing or threaten people based on the scope of my work. As a publicist it’s my job to gather information and make informed decisions about media matters. As an outsider looking in I never saw anything but a consensual relationship between Danny and Chrissie, with whom I maintained a cordial relationship after they broke up. That said, her claims coming after almost 16 years were surprising and shocking to say the least. My conversation with any alleged victim came from a place of sincerity, and curiosity as to why they would wait and why now, it just seemedso illogical.”

More at https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ist-jenni-weinman_us_5a15c995e4b09650540f05b6

Danny Masterson’s rep says woman can’t be raped by boyfriend | New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/danny-masterson-rep-woman-raped-boyfriend-article-1.3651878

LISTEN: Actor Danny Masterson’s publicist echoes Scientology in bizarre defense against rape charges | Raw Story

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/li...logy-in-bizarre-defense-against-rape-charges/
    • Like Like x 1
  21. White Tara Global Moderator

Is the publicist a Scientologist herself, or just being directed by them to this utter hogwash line of spin?
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

A quick search for "Jenni+Weinman"+Scientology didn't show any evidence of her being a member of the cult.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's the second wave of articles about this.

At The Drive-In frontman says some of the band's lyrics are about Danny Masterson's alleged history of sexual assault | A.V. Club

https://www.avclub.com/at-the-drive-in-frontman-says-some-of-the-bands-lyrics-1820697237

Hollywood Rep Says Women Can’t Be Raped By Men They're Dating | Carbonated.TV

http://www.carbonated.tv/entertainm...t-jenni-weinman-woman-cant-be-raped-boyfriend

Danny Masterson publicist suggests Scientologist could not have assaulted accuser because they were dating | Crime Online

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/11/...e-assaulted-accuser-because-they-were-dating/

Danny Masterson's publicist defends him from rape claims | Daily Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5111389/Danny-Masterson-s-publicist-defends-rape-claims.html

Audio: Danny Masterson’s publicist suggested he couldn’t rape a woman he was dating | Death and Taxes

https://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/352665/danny-mastersons-publicist-rape-audio/

Danny Masterson’s spox: It’s not rape if it’s your girlfriend | TheHill

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...sons-spox-its-not-rape-if-its-your-girlfriend

Danny Masterson's publicist says a woman cannot be raped by her boyfriend | International Business Times UK

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/danny-mast...oman-cannot-be-raped-by-her-boyfriend-1648648

Danny Masterson's rep spoke about his rape allegations in the worst way possible | The Loop

http://www.theloop.ca/danny-mastersons-rep-spoke-rape-allegations-worst-way-possible/

Danny Masterson’s publicist says it is not possible to be raped by your partner | National Post

http://nationalpost.com/entertainme...t-is-not-possible-to-be-raped-by-your-partner

Danny Masterson’s rep says woman can’t be raped by boyfriend | New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/danny-masterson-rep-woman-raped-boyfriend-article-1.3651878

Danny Masterson Couldn’t Have Raped Woman He Was Dating, Says Publicist | Newsweek

http://www.newsweek.com/danny-maste...show-actor-couldnt-have-raped-woman-he-721151

Woman accusing Danny Masterson of rape blasts Netflix for renewing ‘The Ranch’ | Toronto Star

https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...pe-blasts-netflix-for-renewing-the-ranch.html

At The Drive-In’s Frontman Says Lyrics About Danny Masterson’s Rape Allegations Are In The Band’s Music | Uproxx

http://uproxx.com/music/at-the-drive-in-danny-masterson-rape-lyrics/
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Quentinanon Member

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...sons-spox-its-not-rape-if-its-your-girlfriend

One of the accusers is Chrissie Bixler, who dated Masterson for six years and claimed that he raped her while she was unconscious during their relationship.
    “Well, Chrissie was Danny’s girlfriend at the time, so there’s really nothing, there’s no story there,” publicist Jenni Weinman said in an October 2016 call acquired by the Huffington Post.
    Bixler said the Church of Scientology, to which she belonged at the time, convinced her that the assault wasn’t rape. Last year, Bixler posted a tweet saying “Because your boyfriend tells you it’s not rape if you’re in a relationship and then his church covers it up.”
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

‘Fucking DISGUSTING’! Actor Danny Masterson’s publicist puts ‘HORRIFYING’ spin on alleged rape

By Sarah D, twitchy.com

Quote:

After Kevin Spacey and Louis C.K. were outed as sexual predators, Netflix took action pretty quickly, suspending production on “House of Cards” and canceling Louis C.K.’s comedy special. But as we noted earlier this month, their silence has been conspicuously deafening when it comes to another alleged sexual predator, Danny Masterson.

Masterson, one of the stars of Netflix’s series “The Ranch,” is an alleged violent rapist and stands accused of raping multiple women. Why hasn’t he suffered consequences like Spacey or Louis C.K.? Is it because the Church of Scientology is protecting longtime devotee Masterson? Or is his publicist just really convincing when it comes to spinning rape accusations?

Don’t be surprised if it’s a combination of both:

Continued at https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2...blicist-puts-horrifying-spin-on-alleged-rape/
    • Like Like x 1
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega‏ @TonyOrtega94 35 minutes ago
    Marlow Stern puts together a great overview of how Masterson's accusers and Leah Remini have been dealing with a compromised LAPD.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/leah-remini-calls-bullshit-on-the-lapds-handling-of-danny-masterson
    #ScientologyTheAftermath

Leah Remini Calls ‘Bullshit’ on the LAPD and Danny Masterson

By Marlow Stern, The Daily Beast

The Scientology whistleblower says there may be a reason the LAPD’s investigations of sexual misconduct allegations against Danny Masterson have stalled: cozy ties with the Church.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/leah-remini-calls-bullshit-on-the-lapds-handling-of-danny-masterson
    • Like Like x 1
  27. tippytoe Member

If
    If she isn't a scientologist, she sure knows how to foot bullet like one.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. And is she paid as well as their lawyers to say that kind of stuff?
    • Like Like x 1
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini on Danny Masterson Rape Probe: Scientology ‘Aligned Itself’ With LAPD

Emmy winner says church helps avoid police scrutiny by fundraising for cops

By Matt Donnelly, TheWrap, November 25, 2017

Excerpts:

A Scientology spokesperson contacted by TheWrap said Remini is “attacking the Church and now the LAPD as part of her self-promotion and anti-religious hate campaign.”

The spokesperson, Karin Pouw, added that “giving Leah Remini a forum to spew more lies about Scientology is the same as providing a forum to the KKK to spread their racial and religious hatred.”

An LAPD spokesperson did not return TheWrap’s request for comment, though the Daily Beast received an email from the police saying “captain is not making any comments.”

More at https://www.thewrap.com/leah-remini-danny-masterson-rape-probe-scientology-aligned-lapd/
    • Like Like x 2
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

Petition: Danny Masterson Raped Four Women. Cancel His Show, Netflix | The Petition Site

Quote:

Netflix did the right thing by cancelling House of Cards once they learned that the star, Kevin Spacey, was accused of sexual assault against a minor. Now it has come out that the star of The Ranch, Danny Masterson, allegedly raped four women. We must urge Netflix to continue to fire rapists.

Please sign this petition to urge Netflix to keep sending the message that they will not support rapists by cancelling The Ranch.

Danny Masterson has been accused of rape by four women, all in the early 2000s. At least three of these women were also members of the Church of Scientology, like Masters. Apparently they reported it there at the time, but the Church of Scientology is notorious for covering up abuse like this, so it's no surprise that they did nothing.

One woman describes Masterson raping her while she was passed out. She woke up during the act and struggling and he choked her until she passed out again. The Church of Scientology put considerable effort behind trying to discount this woman. This a common strategy, discount the victim. But we have to stand up for these survivors, we have to elevate their voices and punish the perpetrators.

It turns out Netflix knew about all of the rapes seven months ago, and they still green lighted season 4 of The Ranch, which will come out in December if we don't speak up. Because Masterson has had a long and successful career and it would be a lot of trouble to cancel his show, industry big wigs are standing up for him. This is unacceptable.

Netflix is absolutely a leader in television right now. What they do sets the trend for everyone else. If they continue to do the right thing and fire anyone who endangers others, that will have a ripple effect in the entertainment industry.

Sign now to tell Netflix to cancel The Ranch and prove to us, their viewers that they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to sexual assault.

Update #1, Yesterday

Danny Masterson's publicist just suggested that because Masterson was in a relationship with one of his victims, he couldn't have raped her. This is just the kind of thinking that causing victim blaming. Anyone can say no to sex anytime they want, even if it's to their partner. Demand Netflix does something about this gross guy!

From https://www.thepetitionsite.com/878/539/435/cancel-this-rapists-netflix-show/
    • Like Like x 1
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Yashar Ali ‏@yashar 2 hours ago
    Netflix is willing to respond to people on Twitter but has ignored thousands of tweets asking that it re-consider its decision to not take action against @dannymasterson pending results of LA District Attorney investigation. Masterson has been accused of violent rape by 4 women.
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE: Scientology interrogated Danny Masterson and accuser, didn’t notify LAPD

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, November 26, 2017

Quote:

The Underground Bunker has learned the identity of the Church of Scientology official who interrogated actor Danny Masterson and one of the four women accusing him of rape, shortly after the incident happened on April 25, 2003.

That official is a well known auditor at Scientology’s Hollywood Celebrity Centre by the name of Angie LaClaire.
    It is unclear at this point whether the church has made LaClaire available for questioning by the LAPD in the investigation of Masterson which began about a year ago.

But multiple sources familiar with that investigation tell us that although Angie LaClaire interrogated her fellow Scientologists over accusations of a felony rape in 2003, the church didn’t pass on that information to the police.

Meanwhile, each year since 1995, the LAPD has received a large check from the Church of Scientology at an annual holiday party. And since at least 2004, the person handing over that check in a public relations setup for cameras is a Celebrity Centre official named Greg LaClaire.

He is Angie LaClaire’s husband.

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/26/s...o-interrogate-danny-masterson-and-an-accuser/
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini believes the LAPD is covering for Scientologists like Danny Masterson | A.V. Club

https://www.avclub.com/leah-remini-believes-the-lapd-is-covering-for-scientolo-1820753512

Leah Remini speculates that members of Scientology are protected from sexual harassment cases | Christian Today

https://www.christiantoday.com/arti...ected-from-sexual-harassment-cases/119774.htm

Leah Remini Accuses The LAPD Of Covering Up Rape Case Involving Scientologist Danny Masterson | Decider

https://decider.com/2017/11/27/leah-remini-accuses-lapd-of-covering-up-danny-masterson-case/

Leah Remini thinks the LAPD is covering for Scientologist Danny Masterson | Entertainment.ie

http://entertainment.ie/celebrity-g...-for-Scientologist-Danny-Masterson/399635.htm

Leah Remini Calls out LAPD's Handling of Danny Masterson Sexual Assault Case | Pop Culture

http://popculture.com/celebrity/201...anny-masterson-lapd-handling-assault-charges/

Leah Remini Criticizes LAPD, Says It's Protecting Danny Masterson | Refinery29

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/11/182497/leah-remini-danny-masterson-scientology-lapd

Leah Remini Believes the LAPD Is Interfering With a Scientology Legal Issue | SheKnows

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainme...-scientology-danny-masterson-rape-allegations

Leah Remini Suggests That Danny Masterson’s Rape Case Stalled Because Scientology ‘Aligned Itself’ With The LAPD | Uproxx

http://uproxx.com/news/leah-remini-danny-masterson-rape-scientology-lapd/
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

Netflix Exec Tells Woman The Company Doesn’t Believe Actor’s Rape Accusers. Then She Said She Was One.

Police are investigating four women’s claims that “The Ranch” star Danny Masterson raped them in the early 2000s.

By Yashar Ali, HuffPost

Quote:

One of actor Danny Masterson’s alleged sexual assault victims says a Netflix executive told her this weekend that higher-ups at the company don’t believe the four women who have accused Masterson of violent rape.

Netflix confirmed in a statement that Andy Yeatman, its director of global kids content, made those “careless” and “uninformed” comments, but noted that he was not initially aware that the woman he was speaking to had accused Masterson of rape.

Masterson stars in the Netflix program “The Ranch,” alongside his former “That ’70s Show” co-star Ashton Kutcher (“That ’70s Show” is also streaming on Netflix). Although four women have accused Masterson of raping them and the Los Angeles County District Attorney and Los Angeles Police Department are investigating the allegations, Netflix has not taken any action against the actor, not even a suspension pending investigation.

The lack of action on Netflix’s part ― even though the company moved quickly to suspend and then fire Kevin Spacey after BuzzFeed published a report detailing an allegation of sexual misconduct against the actor ― has led to outrage on Twitter, an online petition that had gained over 36,000 signatures by Monday morning, and a Daily Beast story titled “Netflix’s Disturbing Sexual-Assault Hypocrisy.”

Yeatman spoke with the woman, whom HuffPost is referring to as Victim B, on the sidelines of a kids’ soccer game in Los Angeles. Yeatman is the head coach of a soccer team for 8- and 9-year-old girls. Victim B’s husband is the head coach of the team that played against Yeatman’s on Sunday. Their respective daughters play on the teams that their father’s coach.

When Victim B approached Yeatman and asked him if he worked at Netflix, she says he answered in the affirmative.

Victim B said she asked Yeatman why Netflix was not taking action against Masterson in light of the district attorney’s investigation and the multiple accusations of rape. According to Victim B and another witness, Yeatman said Netflix takes sexual misconduct allegations seriously but that “we don’t believe them,” referring to Masterson’s four accusers.

Victim B told HuffPost she never expected Yeatman to say such a thing and was left stunned. She said she then told him, “I’m one of them,” indicating she was one of Masterson’s accusers.

The conversation ended quickly.

Victim B said Yeatman approached her at the game about an hour later, ostensibly to clear the air, and told her that he’d had no idea she was one of Masterson’s alleged victims.

Victim B told HuffPost that she began to cry and told Yeatman, “I hope no one ever says that to your daughter.”

Yeatman then told her that he can’t decide whether Netflix takes action against Masterson.

Victim B told Yeatman that she and the other women accusing Masterson of rape were telling the truth and that “Netflix is going to regret this, this is a mistake, they’re going to see.”

Victim B said, and the witness confirmed, that Yeatman said, in what they described as a condescending tone, “we’ll see.”

A Netflix spokesman denied that Yeatman said “we’ll see.”

But the company confirmed in a statement that Yeatman told Victim B that Netflix executives didn’t believe the four women accusing Masterson of rape.

“While he was coaching a youth soccer match today, Mr. Yeatman ― a Netflix kids’ programming executive ― was approached by a stranger who did not identify herself or explain her connection to Danny Masterson,” the statement read. “Mr. Yeatman’s comments were careless, uninformed and do not represent the views of the company. Further, he would have no insights into decision making on The Ranch. We are aware of the allegations against Danny Masterson and we are following the current investigation, and will respond if developments occur.”

Victim B said she initially approached Yeatman when she found out from her husband that he was a Netflix executive. Frustrated by the silence from Netflix on the Masterson issue, she said she hoped he could provide some direction. She said she didn’t intend to identify herself as an alleged victim until Yeatman said higher-ups at Netflix didn’t believe Masterson’s accusers. Victim B noted that she had seen Yeatman in the past at other soccer games and that her husband knew him from previous games.

Masterson has been the subject of an almost year-long investigation conducted by the LAPD and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. Four women have accused Masterson of violently raping them in the early 2000s. They have told law enforcement that they believe Masterson spiked their drinks with something that led them to black out before and during the alleged rapes.

Masterson has denied all allegations of rape and said that the encounters in question were consensual. An attorney for the actor denied that Masterson ever placed any drugs in someone else’s drink and said that as a Scientologist, Masterson has a strict anti-drug policy for himself and for guests in his home.

Netflix has known about the accusations since at least March, when journalist Tony Ortega revealed that the LAPD had an active investigation into multiple allegations of rape against the actor.

Three of the women who have accused Masterson were members of the Church of Scientology at the time they say they were raped. Church doctrine says that contacting law enforcement to report another Scientologist is a high crime and will lead to being declared a suppressive person ― meaning that person will be shunned from the church, and their friends and family members who are church members must stop speaking to them.

Despite that edict, Victim B filed a police report against Masterson in 2004. But the case was quickly thwarted when dozens of Scientologists filed affidavits with the LAPD claiming that Victim B wasn’t telling the truth.

The LAPD officially reopened the case against Masterson in January, and referred it to the district attorney in April. Sources in the police department and district attorney’s office have described the evidence against Masterson as “compelling” and “overwhelming.”

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...pe-allegations_us_5a24b480e4b03c44072e6b97?0v
    • Like Like x 3
  35. White Tara Global Moderator

FU Netflix
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

Netflix Ousts Actor Danny Masterson Amid Rape Allegations

By Yashar Ali, HuffPost

Quote:

Actor Danny Masterson has been ousted from the Netflix show “The Ranch” amid multiple rape allegations, the streaming service announced in a statement sent to HuffPost on Tuesday. His last day of filming on the program took place on Monday.

Four women have accused Masterson of violently raping them in the early 2000s. Masterson has been under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office for just under a year.

“As a result of ongoing discussions, Netflix and the producers have written Danny Masterson out of ′The Ranch.′ Yesterday was his last day on the show, and production will resume in early 2018 without him,” a Netflix spokesman said.

The news comes a day after HuffPost reported that a Netflix executive told one of Masterson’s accusers on Sunday that higher-ups at the company don’t think the allegations are credible. The company says the executive was unaware at the time that the woman was one of the alleged victims.

Masterson’s “The Ranch” co-star Ashton Kutcher also co-starred with him on the hit sitcom “That 70’s Show.” Masterson will be featured in new episodes of “The Ranch” that premiere on Netflix on Dec. 15. Additionally, Masterson will appear in some episodes that have already been filmed for the next season that airs next year, a source familiar with the programming told HuffPost.

Masterson has denied all allegations of rape and said that the encounters in question were consensual.

“I am obviously very disappointed in Netflix’s decision to write my character off of ‘The Ranch.’ From day one, I have denied the outrageous allegations against me. I have never been charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one,” Masterson said in a statement provided to HuffPost by his attorney.

The statement continued: “In this country, you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. However, in the current climate, it seems as if you are presumed guilty the moment you are accused. I understand and look forward to clearing my name once and for all.”

More at https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/danny-masterson-netflix-ousted_us_5a2698a0e4b086e4e50461b1?k3f

Yashar Ali ‏ @yashar 1 minute ago
    Replying to @yashar @dannymasterson
    ...Huge blow to the Church of Scientology. Masterson is one of their most prominent members and they rely on successful actors like him to help attract new members. They've also attempted to silence Masterson's accusers, so this is a massive/embarrassing failure for Scientology.

Here are some of the reports that followed:

Danny Masterson Fired from Netflix’s ‘The Ranch’ Over Rape Allegations | The Daily Beast

https://www.thedailybeast.com/danny-masterson-fired-from-netflixs-the-ranch-over-rape-allegations

BREAKING: Danny Masterson is FIRED by Netflix just two days after executive told one of the actor's 'rape victims' that the company did not believe his accusers | Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-FIRED-Netflix-amidst-rape-allegations.html

Netflix cuts ties with The Ranch star Danny Masterson amid rape allegations | EW.com

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/05/netflix-cuts-ties-danny-masterson-rape-allegations/

Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix's 'The Ranch' Amid Rape Allegations | Hollywood Reporter

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...fired-netflixs-ranch-rape-allegations-1064353

Netflix Fires Danny Masterson Amid Sexual Assault Allegations: Report | PEOPLE

http://people.com/tv/danny-masterson-fired-netflix-sexual-assault-allegations/

Netflix Fires Danny Masterson Amid Allegations of Sexual Misconduct | Pop Culture

http://popculture.com/streaming/201...n-the-ranch-fired-sexual-assault-allegations/

Danny Masterson Written Out of Netflix’s ‘The Ranch’ Amid Sexual Assault Accusations | SFGate

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...son-Written-Out-of-Netflix-s-The-12406333.php

Danny Masterson Fired From ‘The Ranch’ Amid Rape Allegations | US Weekly

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...n-fired-from-the-ranch-amid-rape-allegations/
    • Like Like x 4
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

News: Scientologist Actor Danny Masterson Fired from Netflix Show

By Roger Friedman, Showbiz411

Quote:

Danny Masterson, a lifetime Scientologist from a family of Scientologists, is best known for being on “That 70s Show.” Now he’s on Netflix’s “The Ranch” with “70s” pal Ashton Kutcher. But this morning, Masterson is fired from “The Ranch” and being written out as rape accusations pile up around him.

This is especially disturbing since Masterson is married to Bijou Phillips, the troubled youngest daughter of late Mamas and Papas founder John Phillips, and is plugged into LA’s tech world.

But Masterson has been accused of sexual assault by four different women. At the same time, the “Church” of Scientology has gone to great lengths to protect him from prosecution, according to reports.

The breaking point with Netflix came apparently when one of Masterson’s accusers approached a Netflix exec after hours at a kids’ soccer game. She didn’t say she was an accuser, but asked the exec about Masterson. Andy Yeatman told the woman he didn’t believe the accusations. The story went viral quickly.

No one really watches “The Ranch” or knows what it is, so replacing Masterson isn’t a big deal. But Netflix finally taking action against him is, and the Scientology component doesn’t help since there have been many reports of violence against women in that cult.

Source: http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/12/0...-show-disney-negotiating-to-buy-fox-movies-tv
    • Like Like x 5
  38. Incredulicide Member

FINALLY! Next time it shouldn't take as long as it takes to gestate a baby.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

As you might expect, Tony Ortega has published a detailed update that provides a lot of new information.

LAPD PROBING SCIENTOLOGY AND DANNY MASTERSON FOR MULTIPLE RAPES, COVER-UP

Victims came forward after reaching out to actress Leah Remini as a result of her A&E series

Victims complain of being pressured by the Church of Scientology to keep quiet about their claims, and were punished for being victimized

One victim accuses LAPD of being compromised by its relationship to the Church of Scientology, says detective told her investigation already ‘ruined’

By Tony Ortega

Quote:

The Underground Bunker has obtained documents which show that the Los Angeles Police Department has been investigating Scientology celebrity and That ’70s Show actor Danny Masterson in at least three alleged cases of rape or sodomy of women who were also Scientologists and who claim they were pressured by the Church of Scientology not to contact police or go public with their accusations.

We want to emphasize that no charges have been filed against Masterson, whose attorney Marty Singer said that he had not heard about an investigation against the actor. When we contacted the LAPD, we were asked to send an email inquiry to Chief Charlie Beck, and he has not responded to a lengthy message we sent him yesterday. We sent a message to Scientology spokeswoman Karin Pouw asking for a church statement, but have heard nothing. Masterson’s publicist, Jenni Weinman, said she wanted to take our call yesterday, but then did not get back to us.

One person we did hear from is actress Leah Remini, whose recent A&E series, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, was a key reason that the women came forward.

Continued here, with more than 2,000 comments:
    https://tonyortega.org/2017/03/03/l...danny-masterston-for-multiple-rapes-cover-up/
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Mike Rinder has posted very good article about Scientology, Danny Masterson and law enforcement which quotes a number of LRH policies.

Scientology, Danny Masterson and Law Enforcement,

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-danny-masterson-and-law-enforcement/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

IF scientology was REALLY cooperating, they would have provided ALL WITNESSES to law enforcement. This includes the Ethics Officers, Chaplain, auditors and C/Ses that dealt with Masterson, the witnesses and the victims at the time they were reported to them. Not ship them off to other states or ensure they were “unavailable.” This is a tactic scientology has used for decades. Witnesses to events are magically “somewhere else” when their testimony is needed. Somewhere outside the reach of law enforcement. Even overseas “on tour” or “assigned to a special project.” When the IRS was hammering on scientology a bunch of executives were sent to Denmark to operate…

Scientology would also have provided ALL the written records they have — Knowledge Reports, Ethics Reports, session worksheets, C/S instructions and everything else. This is contemporaneous evidence of what really went down. And anyone who knows the first thing about scientology knows they keep written (and in some cases audio and video) records of everything. Every interview. Every session. Every write up. They are ALL kept.

You can be certain they have not turned any of this over to law enforcement. This sort of information is only extracted from scientology with a crowbar, cattle prod, a team of lawyers and a protracted and expensive legal battle (see the fight scientology put up all the way to the US Supreme Court to prevent the documents about Laura Dieckman from being turned over TO LAURA DIECKMAN). Also see how the Lisa McPherson case was handled, fighting tooth and nail to prevent documents being turned over.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

• Like Like x 2