Customize

DAMNING NEWS CO$ CAUGHT IN HUGE LIE WITH NEW VIDEOS ON CO$.ORG - READ!!!

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by xenu55, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random Member

Re: DAMNING NEWS ON CO$ RIGHT FROM ARS!!!

great work

(tinfoilhat.on)
    btw, the new scifag site has flash.
    actionscript can bypass tor and others.
    it´s looks like a honeypot to me.
  2. Re: DAMNING NEWS ON CO$ RIGHT FROM ARS!!!

Who here is working on the L.A County Commissioner stuff? Please PM me. I have info.
  3. anonypuffs Member

Re: DAMNING NEWS ON CO$ RIGHT FROM ARS!!!

how does the actionscript bypass TOR? makes you broadcast your IP?
  4. Re: DAMNING NEWS ON CO$ RIGHT FROM ARS!!!

that seems completely out of context here, unless I've missed something. but I'll answer anyway.

java or flash can give away your real IP in various ways, I don't code security in either so I'm theorizing here.
    as executable code, their is the possibility of intentionally written code simply recording your IP client side, and simply sending it in a data packet.
    Otherwise, as they use code out of the browsers control, they could, even unintentionally be used to initiate a connection WITHOUT honoring current proxy settings of the browser.

use Firefox to browse with Tor, use FoxyProxy to make let you chose when Tor is in use or not. Privoxy is optional as Firefox stoped DNS leaks with v1.5 and maintain that.

you want the 'noscript' addon to stop scripts, unless you approve them to prevent the above.
    If using IE or any other browser it's best to stick with piping through Privoxy, unless you can find exact details that it has overcome all DNS leaks.

Clear all cookies before thinking about changing identities, or use FF3 security options, WebDev Toolbar, or cookie cutter to clear specific domain cookies.
  5. Re: DAMNING NEWS CO$ CAUGHT IN HUGE LIE WITH NEW VIDEOS ON CO$.ORG - READ!!!

In response to ripping the videos, I wouldn't post them anywhere, but since we've been calling the offices of the people featured, we should have backups for proof.
  6. iaxiloll Member

Re: DAMNING NEWS CO$ CAUGHT IN HUGE LIE WITH NEW VIDEOS ON CO$.ORG - READ!!!

Is it possible to compile a thread with all the proven false identities need them asap as back up for a mail I sent.
  7. Re: DAMNING NEWS CO$ CAUGHT IN HUGE LIE WITH NEW VIDEOS ON CO$.ORG - READ!!!

you want the spinnoff thread, first post : http://forums.whyweprotest.net/showthread.php?t=5387

definite fakes are being put in quote boxes and info in red text.
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

Concerning the video about The Way to Happiness", I found in a related document:
    - Zeinab Habash, General Secretary, Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Palestine
    - Shuki Mizrachi, Air Force major (retired) and publisher, Israel
    - Gregory Smith, Red Cross executive, United States
    - Alfred Tsetsane, National Deputy Commissioner, Correctional Services, Republic of South Africa

I suggest we use this type of sources to identify people.

If you look at the thread mentioned above, there are other people to contact.
  9. Anon23517 Member

Okay, I've been looking for this lady:

[IMG]

Unfortunately, there aren't many photos of people who work for the NSW Department of Corrections. The few names I could find on the Board who had photos did not match to the woman in the video. The absolute closest I could find was in the photo gallery on the DCS website.

It's not conclusive enough to be a match, IMO.
  10. anonypuffs Member

Not the same woman, lips and forehead/bridge of nose are dead giveaways.
  11. Anon23517 Member

Yeah, Anonypuffs, that's what I thought too.

So, apart from that pic that didn't match, there wasn't anything else.
  12. Anon "Leader" Member

How nice that Scientology uses people whose statements and positions can't be verified. Originally we were on this because of the possibility that the opinions were falsified. Now, with it completely impossible to verify some of these people, it's just as bad.
  13. Bumblefuck Member

I know this is all very exciting (and excellent work, btw) but please do not post links to copyrighted materials in these forums. What you do in PM is none of our business, but you're going to cost Tamphex his house by linking in the forums.

(fucking awesome job though guys, seriously)
  14. Re: DAMNING NEWS CO$ CAUGHT IN HUGE LIE WITH NEW VIDEOS ON CO$.ORG - READ!!!

Not to argue with you over this, but if anything does ever come up against that situation that with the $cilons threatening, have this one handy : Scientology loss keeps hyperlinks legal http://www.news.com/2100-1028_3-5072581.html
  15. Re: DAMNING NEWS CO$ CAUGHT IN HUGE LIE WITH NEW VIDEOS ON CO$.ORG - READ!!!

I'm not a lawyer, and I wish I was at times like this!

But i've been reading up a bit on copyright law, especially the law as it relates to hyperlinks.

The article you're referencing describes events in Holland. However in the US, a few courts have held that a hyperlink violates the law if it points to illegal material with the purpose of disseminating that illegal material.

Most of the rulings I've found that have applied this logic, have been in cases where the links had been posted with the intention of circumventing existing copyright legislation.

Although it wouldn't be clear cut (in my very non-legal opinion). I think that we can't be too careful on this point.

If anyone wants more info, PM me and I'll forward relevant material and case info.
  16. Anon "Leader" Member

So I called and left a message, sent an email and called again before I was able to speak with Derek Lee's secretary. She said that Mr. Lee will likely not be able to respond to my request until Friday. Any Ontario Anons want to apply pressure to this man as well?
  17. Dubber Member

edit: nm, figured out how the threads work
  18. leech Member

Question: Is this thread (http://forums.whyweprotest.net/showthread.php?t=5398) the most up-to-date in terms of where we stand on ALL relevant videos?

At the bottom it says it hasn't been edited since the 23rd. I was just wanting to gage progress in this, so that I can help where necessary without overlap.
  19. anonypuffs Member

I hope the law makes an exception for whistleblower cases!
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

I try here to summarize the situation about fact-checking. All the mentioned threads can be found here.

1. The present topic is so enormous that Pulps decided to move the work on one video into another thread. I followed this trend and did the same with my overall video thread. It would be nice if new threads were created about the other videos.

2. In the overall thread, I began to transcript the interviews, but it is long and painful. Everybody is invited to contribute.

3. In between, the case for fakes - the original aim of this thread - changed slightly. Our goal now, in my understanding, is about contacting the people to ensure they are aware of what has been done with their contribution.

4. At some stage, I discovered the CoS brochures and began to investigate them. I created a thread for each of them (on going). There, people are mentioned by their name, which makes the search for identity easier. Moreover, some are the same people seen on the videos.

5. As the number of thread was increasing, I asked for a dedicated sub-forum. The answer was: create a synthesis thread and get a sticky. I did it and that the link mentioned at the top of this message. Since then, at least two threads asked for a sub-forum too (and a possible transfer on a wiki).
  21. lmafo Member

22. Anonym_Redux Member

Regarding Jennifer Lind, the Swedish "govt board member" (she is actually a member of a board in a "kommun", similar to a US county council), I mailed her boss to ask a few questions:

(Translated)
    -------------------------------------------

Subject: A member of TroInt [the particular board] figuring in faked video

--------------------------------

Hello. My name is [X].

I recently discovered that a member of TroInt, Jennifer Lind, expresses her support for the Church of Scientology in one of the church’s information videos. The video can be seen at www.scientology.com under Human Rights -> In Support Of Human Rights.

Here is a scene from the video, including Lind’s statement, in English:

[Image from the video of Lind]
    “The changes the scientology church and the scientologists are making is really unique. They are really putting the hope back to the human race mainly to create a better world. And I think it is absolutely fantastic and it gives me the tools really to work for things I never thought we could do before”
    Lind is one of many political figures to express their support for the Church of Scientology in the video. The video is being spread on the internet by the Church of Scientology in order to show that the Church enjoys a widespread, international support among political persons.

However, a French magazine, Bakchich, has examined the video, and it has been found that many of the persons with quite impressive titles that figure in the video do not exist in real life. The article, in French, can be seen here: http://www.bakchich.info/article3073.html

A translation of the article into English is attached at the end of the mail.

In other words, the Church of Scientology has fabricated a number of personalities to give the impression of a widespread, international support.

My question is: Is it appropriate for a Swedish civil servant to figure in a video that obviously contains falsified material? Is it appropriate for a Swedish civil servant to express her support for an organization that itself fabricates material to give the impression of widespread support? Is it appropriate for a Swedish civil servant to express her support for an organization with such a questionable history regarding human rights as the Church of Scientology?

Hoping for a quick answer
    /[X]

[The Bakchich article, expertly translated by our fellow anon]

-------------------------------------------

I got an automated reply back stating that my mail had been forwarded to a political secretary for handling.

I also sent a similar mail to several members of Swedish media. We'll see what happens.
  23. anonimo Member

20 page thread... could the OP please put a short summary of the discussion/research results up to now into the first posting in this thread!

EDIT: I just read the PC world article, it's kind of a summary of what this thread is about and its importance. The link should definitely be posted on the first posting as well as similar ones that might be "hidden" within the 20 pages.

I'm quite interested! I guess more anons then just me are, but won't read through the 20 pages to find out if they didn't followed the discussion right from the beginning.

Thanks in advance,

anonimo
  24. Ann O'Nymous Member

Please read my recent post.
  25. anonopotamous Member

LOL, somebody in the sciorg is going to be requested to "EOC."

It's amazing, you prove that something they do is false and like a child they cover their ears.
  26. storge Member

nice work!

it's kind of old news, but since someone suggested sending political opponents stuff about US reps supporting scientology, this excerpt from "The_Fable_-_Anon.pdf" ("The Fable: Hollywood, Satanism, Scientology and Suicide" by Anonymous at http://www.bringyou.to/SCIENTOLOGY.PDF or http://www.xs4all.nl/~fishman/fable.htm or http://www.xs4all.nl/~fishman/fable.doc), is interesting:

"Another Scientology-linked group, the Concerned Businessmen's Association of America, hold anti-drug contests and awards $5,000 grants to schools as a way to recruit students and curry favor with education officials. West Virginia Senator John D. Rockefeller IV unwittingly commended the CBAA in 1987 on the Senate floor.

"An October 1990 news release from the church [of Scientology] said Senator John McCain and Reps. Jon Kyl, John Rhodes, Bob Stump and then Rep. Morris Udall had written to the IRS asking it to explain why it was targetting Scientologists. "I find it hard to believe these guys didn't have a clue. Then again God hasn't blessed us with the brightest politicians," said a writer at the Arizona Republic on June 29, 1991."

Does Obama know about this? McCain and the God thing...
  27. anonymous1244 Member

No disrespect, but just the title alone, would tend to discredit whatever info we send out to them. Whatever the truth of the claims, it just sounds too Schlock, horror, it's gonna be biased ranting, and therefore none of it will be read.

Just the solid evidence being put together will be the most damning IMO.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.