Customize

Dallas May XX, 2010 - Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by CrystalDallas, Apr 29, 2010.

1. CrystalDallas Member

Dallas May XX, 2010 - Planning

Anyone have a suggestion for May's date? I cannot do the 15, so besides that one, what dates work for everyone else?

Also, I think a weekend and weekday thing would be a great idea. Probably afternoon/evening for the weekday at the clock rather than the church. We could catch people by the clock as they get off from work and stuff. All day for the weekend one. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there. Let me know if anyone's up for this.

So, we've got two possible weekends to try, so let's try to decide which one to do.
    Friday, May 21 & Saturday, May 22 or
    Friday, May 28 & Saturday, May 29

Friday, we will spend the majority of the time at the clock, bringing attention to the PUBLIC
    Saturday, we will spend the majority of the time at the org, calling to the SCIENTOLOGISTS

For Friday, especially, I am going to bring fliers with an FAQ on them. It will also have links. Feel free to suggest changes, though I can't add much more because currently, it fits exactly on a page, though I might be able to add ONE more question if I adjust the margins

Times still to be discussed

Also, I'm trying to revive the local site *indicates signature* and have recently put up a new About Scientology section and added pictures from the last raid to the website.
  2. Anon998 Member

Re: Dallas May XX, 2010 - Planning

Haha, I already made a thread about this, but only Fashianon posted in it. We can just make this thread official planning for May though because we already got further here then in mine. =P

Anyway, I can't do any weekends this month but I can do a Friday protest. I just can't do the 14th.

Also, I'll signup for the forums in the Dallas site and check it as regularly as I check this.
  3. CrystalDallas Member

[strike]Oh, I didn't see it, oops. Sorry![/strike] I just found it. Man I feel stupid. Oops...

So maybe we can do another Friday/Saturday thing! 14/15th are out though?

So we've got:
    Fri 7, Sat 8
    Fri 21, Sat 22
    and Fri 27, Sat 28

But having seen this:
    I'm thinking
    Fri 21, Sat 22 or
    Fri 27, Sat 28

Possibly?
    There's always the possibility of using another day besides Friday for the weekday as well, if that presents problems.

What say you to the idea of using the weekday to get public attention, the weekend for the Scis?
  4. Anon998 Member

I like that idea. But I'd want to stick with a Friday because I'm almost always free then.
  5. CrystalDallas Member

Alright. So are the 21st and 27th both open for you? If so, we'll just need to see how many people want each date. I'm pretty sure I'll be free for either one.
  6. Anon998 Member

Yes, I'm good for those days.

Now everyone, get in here and plan! xD
  7. CrystalDallas Member

Sorry, I meant 28, not 27. It's 28 & 29; 27 is a Thursday
  8. Anonymous Member

hi crystal!!!
  9. Anon998 Member

Haha, oh we all know what you meant. xP
  10. fashianon Member

As far as I know I'm free both of those times- I might only be able to make one of the days though, it depends on a lot of things. Splitting up the time at the places sounds like a good idea, too.

The 28th and 29th are close to my birthday. Will there be cake? :D
  11. Anon998 Member

Those days are also somewhat close to my birthday as well. (mine's in the beggining of June) Cake doesn't sound too bad, although, I'm not sure if I could bring any without smashing it on accident. :p
  12. SocksDallas Member

I'm out of town sometime towards the end of May, so 21-22 would be best for me.
  13. Dallanon Member

I can probably do 21-22. That is my only free Friday this month.
  14. Tyr Member

I can try to do either, but as you know, my ability to be there is highly unreliable.
  15. CrystalDallas Member

lol, yes, we've noticed.

So it seems as though SocksDallas and Dallanon both vote for 21-22, and since either date will work for the rest of us, this seems to be the best choice..

So, I say 21-22.
    What do we say on times? Also, I don't know if anyone besides anon998 gave feedback on the Friday=public/clock day Saturday=scientologist/org day. Of course, we can make time for both on both of these days, but this is a suggestion for the focus.
  16. NoScope Member

Ill take a look at my work schedule and see which of these days is open for me. Oh and Anonymoustommorrow got ahold of me and says he is gonna try to come this time too, so we could have another oldfag there.
  17. CrystalDallas Member

Alright! Oldfags!
  18. Anon998 Member

[SIZE="5"]YAY OLDFAGS!!! =D[/SIZE]

1256556616750.jpg
  19. Aeromie Member

The 21st sounds good to me but the 22nd sounds even better
  20. Anon998 Member

I think we're pretty much decided on the 21st and 22nd deal.
  21. manly man Member

que les vaya muy bien en su protesta!!! :D
  22. Anon998 Member

Gracias buen seƱor. No vamos a defraudar. =P
  23. CrystalDallas Member

Yes, 21 & 22, since that's the one everyone can make it to. :)

Times?
  24. Anonymous Member

9rr8jp.jpg
    i'm going to leave this here. do with it as you like.
  25. Anon998 Member

Ugh, I wish I didn't work on Sundays or I would totally be there. >_<
  26. CrystalDallas Member

I have plans that day. This sucks, I've always wanted to raid on a day that they had an event. Oh well..
  27. SocksDallas Member

Wow, that would be pretty cool.
    Random Q: do you think kids of Scientologists who see Anonymous protesting are more likely to ditch the cult later on in life? Or do you think they see the masks as those of a bad scary guy and are more likely to believe it when their parents tell them we're evil?

Can't wait for the 21st/22nd.
    Times? What are the best times for max protesters and/or max witnesses?
  28. Haviland Tuf Member

I represent 5 Anons to join on either the 21st or the 22nd. Will be checking back here frequently.
  29. Anon998 Member

I will probably do the times I did last time. I will be there Friday from 10ish to about 4ish or when everyone decides to leave.

And Saturday still hasn't opened up and probably never will at this point. :/

I will be bringing my camera, music, water, and extra sunblock.
  30. fashianon Member

If it's the 21st and 22nd I'll probably only be able to make the 22nd, but I'm planning to stay as long as the other anons do.
  31. Re: Dallas May XX, 2010 - Planning

Hey guys im in for any weekend this month Fridays and Saturdays are both good for me

any set date or weekend yet?
  32. Re: Dallas May XX, 2010 - Planning

i also have 1-2 anons to bring along
  33. Anon998 Member

21st and 22nd

I'll be there on the 21st from 10 to 4
  34. Tyr Member

Guess what, fools? I'M GOING TO BE THERE. Myself and 3-5 others. Unless someone has to work. Then less, maybe none. Depends on who it is.

BTW, where are we meeting?
  35. CrystalDallas Member

Yay! I won't believe it till I see it though.

We meet at the clock at Hwy 114 & O'Connor
    Coming from OKC (I'm not sure where in OK you are, but the instructions are the same from anywhere north), you'd go on I-35 south all the way to Denton, where the hwy splits, and you will go on I-35E (as opposed to 35W)

Make your way down, and as you get close, you will pass 635, and at that point, keep an eye open for Loop 12 East/Spur 348 (Exit 436 is your exit!), and at that point, you'll want to be in the far right exit only lane.

As you are exiting, there will be an immediate exit for Northwest Hwy. DO NOT get on this. You are going to the next exit (but keep your eyes open. This exit is not clearly marked, so be careful not to miss it.)

This is the point where I would say, you exit right before you get to Texas Stadium, but it's now a pile of rubble that you may see on your left side. I don't know, I haven't been down there since last month.

What you WILL see is a sign that says "Irving City Limit" and "Univ of Dallas next right" The exit will be for 114 towards DFW airport (like I said, not very clearly marked last time I was there, there is construction, it may just be a tiny sign saying 114)

Now you will be on this nasty little service road with construction everywhere, and the intersection you will come up to will be 114. Turn right at this intersection (Towards DFW Airport) and get onto the highway (114 Westbound)

You will go through about 3 or 4 exits before coming to O'Connor. Exit, turn left, and viola, you're there. (Then you can drive off and find a place to park)

Or you can look up a map, use a GPS, whatever.

If you're there late or something, head down to the church, which is on Decker Dr. (If you go south on O'Connor, which is away from the hwy if you're at the clock, the very next intersection is Decker. It's Decker going one way and has another name going the other, and you pass two stop signs, and you're there)
  36. Anon998 Member

Here's a map of where we will be.

We usually move from the Meeting point to the [STRIKE]Church[/STRIKE] Cult around 11:30ish to catch them for lunch time.
  37. SocksDallas Member

Yay! This is going to be massive. What's everyone bringing?
  38. CrystalDallas Member

Well, I always bring a huge Sharpie, and I'll have an ipod with a little raid playlist, but as anon998 will already have one on Fri, and I won't have speakers on Saturday, I don't know if it will be worth bringing.

I'll have my camera running the whole time, as always (and it would be great if someone brought a tripod, lol), and I'll need a lot of AA batteries, but I'll probably bring those, too (although I won't have extras. My camera runs through them fairly quickly)

I'll have my cult/dip sign and may bring another along. Not sure yet.

Make sure everyone brings water. I forgot that last month.
    I'll bring straws.
  39. Haviland Tuf Member

We will meet you on the 22nd around 10am at the Meeting spot off N O'Connor.
    I have two anons with high quality cameras, --edit-- CrystalDallas with a vidcam i c
  40. fashianon Member

Sounds like this one's gonna be awesome :) I'll most likely have a new sign too.

Along the same line as bringing water: I'm not sure what the forecast is gonna be, but if it's sunny, bring sunblock or put some on beforehand! The sun can get really nasty, and I still have a faint farmer's tan from the raid in April.