Customize

Dallas - Feb 10 and 13

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by CrystalDallas, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Tyr Member

Re: Dallas - Feb 10 and 13

[IMG]
  2. Tyr Member

Lord Anonymous-
    I can has... Parking? But no, you said you'd be willing to talk to us about parking, and I don't know Dallas. I'd rather not have to pay money... Is there a 24 hr wal*mart within walking distance or anything? Just throwing ideas out there...

Oh, and we should have some King of Fools by Edguy going on 4 some raid music.
  3. CrystalDallas Member

Tyr, it's great to hear that you will be here! I don't know if we will have music. Dallanon was talking about bringing iPod/speakers, but I'm not sure if that's happening. If any of you in OK (how many would be coming?) could bring some sort of player, that would be good as well, just in case.
  4. Tyr Member

Well, i told you this in PM, but i figured the otherfags might want to know. If all goes as planned, i'll be bringing anywhere from 5 to 10 ppl. We'll definitely try to bring some music and spkrs for the raid. And i mentioned it earlier, but hopefully a megaphone. and thetans. lots of harmful thetans.
  5. Dallanon Member

I have no speakers and money for them, so if you OKfags can bring them then good, if not then that's cool whatevs.
  6. NoScope Member

Its good to see a dallas is still up and running. I have some info for you new anons about the location:

Untitled-6.jpg

That handles where you can stand (watch vids of earlier protest to get a general idea of how the place looks).

Megaphones are not allowed but you can yell all you like and music is ok as long as it isn't blaringly loud (it is next to a golf course after all).

Bring a camera and follow the buddy system. Scilons will get extremely close and in your face if your alone, but their mind control glare can only work on one person at a time so your buddy can rescue you.

Parking is up to you but don't discuss it here. Also, look out for people following you on the way back to your car, it should be pretty easy to tell considering we get little foot traffic.

If problems do arise, remember 3 things:
    1) Follow the police instructions but make a point about not showing your ID/face towards the scilons, the police usually accommodate.
    2) Record everything for evidence if needed and because I will never forgive you if you don't share the lulz.
    3) DON'T FREAK OUT! You are on the side of the law and any threat made by the scilons about legal action is just alot of hot air.

Follow these rules and you should be fine. So good luck and have fun.

That is all. Dismissed.
  7. NoScope Member

Because it seems alot of people have questions about parking p.m. me and i'll show you some legal spots within walking distance.
  8. CrystalDallas Member

I thought I'd posted a response. I remember typing it. Maybe I didn't hit send. I close tabs so often.

Thanks, Scope for the tips about the sidewalk. I never even considered that part that is on their property. I'm glad you mentioned it. The others too.

Are you coming? We need more oldfags.
  9. NoScope Member

No prob! Sorry, but i can't make the prots like i used to but will probably pick up my signs again come this summer. Feel free to ask any questions though and i'll do my best to answer them.
  10. CrystalDallas Member

Alright, that's fine. Hope to see you there when you have the chance.

Glad to know that all you oldfags haven't vanished though. Until Lord Anonymous posted, I thought everyone in Dallas was a newfag.

Again, thanks for the tips :D
  11. Tyr Member

We'll definitely try, if we can even get down there. Transports looking to be a bitch. :mad:

Noscope: Thanks for the heads up on that sidewalk tarp. Just from looking at the maps, i prolly wouldn't have known. And for the other info, of course! Hope 2 see all you dallasfags on saturday :confused:
  12. CrystalDallas Member

I hope you're able to come, Tyr.

I finished writing on my sign today. Yes, it's a little last minute, but it's done.
  13. NoScope Member

Which reminds me, it would be a good idea to bring markers and an extra sign just in case (sidewalk chalk is illegal so don't use it). Just saying from past experiences of needing signs. Half of my signs were made on site so its always good to bring supplies.
  14. CrystalDallas Member

Just in case what?
    I don't think I'll be able to bring backup signs though.
  15. Whorr Member

Rain, or other unfortunate conditions.

Or an idea for a sign while you are out there.
  16. CrystalDallas Member

Good point.
    Well, as far as rain goes, my plastic sign tech should prevent too much damage.
    Dallanon was talking about bringing a makeshift dry-erase board for ideas that pop up.
    If anyone else can bring extra posters though, I will have a giant Sharpie.
  17. NoScope Member

This, or if people show up w/o a sign. It always helps to bring a spare.
  18. CrystalDallas Member

Tomorrow is the first of the raid days!

Everyone ready?

Bring it on!
  19. CrystalDallas Member

Who is going tomorrow? PM me, kthx
  20. MeganonOT8 Member

^^ u sound very excited... must be your first raid? XD
  21. CrystalDallas Member

^^^ lol, yes it is. I think I mentioned this earlier. I have been preparing all of my things (signs, fliers, etc) for a month now (I was thinking "oh, it won't take long," yet this is the day of the raid, and I'm still not fully prepared), so yes, it is a bit exciting.

Saturday's more exciting though (more people + more time = more enturbulating + more truth spreading) so yes, I'm pretty excited. How could you tell? lol
  22. MeganonOT8 Member

LOL... lots and lots of posts :D
  23. thoughts Member

well besides CrystalDallas and me being the only ones there today.
    it was Fun. but cold.
    ill leave it up to CrystalDallas if they want to share what happened tonight.
    my legs hurt..
    and Scientologist are funny people.

i hope a bunch more come on saturday the 13th, 2 were enough to bother them and get their attention but with a lot more we can really do a lot more, and get the word out to more people about COS.
  24. CrystalDallas Member

Oh, I SO wish I'd gotten that part with the cop! My camera card was full RIGHT before he came up. I will have a post game thread and vids up as soon as I can edit it all :)
  25. MeganonOT8 Member

once again, "Excellente!" :D
  26. Anonymous Member

Go Dallas. Two can enturbulate and it sounds like you did. Pix or stfu though. :)
  27. CrystalDallas Member

Any anons going Saturday that have cameras? Mine went through 2 memory cards in under 4 hours and I only have 3.

OKfags, you coming down in this weather?
  28. Dallanon Member

I have a camera, but not of the video kind. It CAN take video, but it shouldn't.

PM re: where to park plz.
  29. CrystalDallas Member

^^ Why shouldn't it? Mine was a digital pix cam too, not video.
  30. Dallanon Member

Because it will drain the battery in 15 minutes max.
  31. CrystalDallas Member

Damn.

I tested mine. Thought it would drain em in 20 minutes (the test was when I used Energizer)
    With Duracell, I got 50 minutes of nonstop video at one point tho, I was surprised

God, I feel like I'm in a radio or tv ad for Duracell lol
  32. CrystalDallas Member

So how many are we expecting for tomorrow? I should be there
  33. Re: Dallas - Feb 10 and 13

I'll be there today (13th). Aiming to be at the clock at 11AM per Crystal's message. I've never been there before, but I'm Google mapping it tonight so hopefully I won't get too lost. Just finished my sign (woot procrastination) this should be fun.
  34. CrystalDallas Member

lol, well I just finished the other side of mine, and I've already been to the previous raid, so yes, procrastination, woot!
  35. Tyr Member

gods damnit!!!!!! we couldn't come down. it's like a 4 hr drive, and we didn't have anyone who was willing to do that. i don't have a car right now or money for bus tech. if i want to do this activism shit, gonna have to get a job...
  36. MeganonOT8 Member

SOUTH PARK:

Damn MExicans! LOL J/P
  37. CrystalDallas Member

^^ LOL!

That's ok Tyr. THIS time! lol