Customize

Dallas-April XX

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by NoScope, Mar 31, 2010.

1. NoScope Member

Dallas-April XX

Lets get to brainstorming. Post available dates that u can make and we'll see if we can get a date everyone can make it.

Edit: Here is the date and times that these anons are coming.

NoScope - Friday, 23rd 10:00am-2:00 or 3:00 pm and might be able to do sat if anyone needs me to.
    Anon998 - Friday: 9:20a-4:00p or later & Saturday: 9:50a-4:00p or later
    fashianon - Friday 4/23, 11:00 to whenever we decide to leave.
    CrystalDallas - Friday 23rd 2:00 - 4:00pm &/or Saturday maybe ???
    Whorr - Frida 23rd 10:00am - everyone else leaves
  2. Anon998 Member

Re: Dallas-April XX

I am avaliable all thursdays and fridays this month. I think a Friday would be a perfect day as that's when most people are out and about in the city.
  3. Mike0301 Member

Make that two
  4. Anon998 Member

I think the 23rd would be a good day. it's far enough for us to prepare and to also keep our personal schedules clear from that day. plus it will give me enough time and notice to invite my friends.

So who's up for Friday, April 23rd?
  5. Dallanon Member

no can do thurs/fri at all, sry
  6. Anon998 Member

Well I can't do weekends because i work for the majority of it. :/
    is there any way you can clear up a single friday at all?

I would like to decide on a date quickly so I can have the info I need to tell my friends to come. Also, I got 2 people who would come with me to the protest already, even though we barely have any details set up. :D
  7. fashianon Member

I should be able to make the 23rd.
  8. Anon998 Member

anyone else?

I'm getting really excited about this guys and I can hardly wait for it! I'm willing to recruit people, call news stations, and whatever it takes to make this nice and big.

So come on, let's get to planning! Let's do our part! :D
  9. NoScope Member

23rds fine with me

Recruite people all u like, hope u can get some friends to come. However the news thing isn't really worth the hassle. We haven't had anything newsworthy since they moved so the stations probably won't care.

Hey dallanon, if u want to do another day ill try and make that one too and have a double raid. Has to be better than my solos ;)
  10. MeganonOT8 Member

:D
  11. Anon998 Member

Awesome stuff. So what time should we start it and where are we meeting up?
  12. NoScope Member

Well we've usualy had it in the mornings and crystals clock spot seemed to work pretty well so lets try that. We meet at the clock on the corner O'Connor and the highway (will add which when i look it up) and show the cars some love. Then about eleven thirty or so i can drive us over to the org for their monthly lunch time dash past us. Sound good?
  13. CrystalDallas Member

Yaaaay! A new Dallas thread that wasn't started by me! :)

So Friday, April 23 @ 11:30am?
    I can't do Friday mornings... but Fridays would work for afternoons if anyone will be there then.

Last time we had a weekday thing back in February started at 4pm. If other people can go all day, then I'll just join in whenever I can. It'll probably be before 4. Maybe 2 or 2:30?
  14. Zak McKracken Member

15. Anon998 Member

Do you mean here?

15eg01z.jpg
    qnk0tc.jpg
  16. CrystalDallas Member

^ That would be correct.
  17. NoScope Member

YAY!!! crystals back, now i don't have to work so hard XD...jk

I was worried since noone made a potgame thread and the newest activity from dallas was almost a month old. Good to know i won't be alone cause it was starting to feel like i was talking to myself out there.

So.....have we set our date and time? so far it looks like the 23rd with the time in discussion
  18. Anon998 Member

I can get there as early as 9am. Is that an ok time?
  19. CrystalDallas Member

Yeah, I didn't do a postgame thread because my computer was crapping out on me for a while, so I couldn't do any video of any kind or anything like that.

As far as time, 9am does not work for me at all. The earliest I could be is perhaps 1:30, but it's more likely going to be a little after 2pm-2:30. Will there be anyone there around that time?
  20. Anon998 Member

I have nothing to do all that day so I might be there at that time.
  21. fashianon Member

9 am is too early for me, but I'll be there around 11 or noonish.
  22. CrystalDallas Member

How long is everyone going to try to stay?

Last month, we left around 2:30, which was pretty early, really. Also, it's likely that I won't be there until that time, and I don't want to be soloing.
  23. Anon998 Member

I'm gonna stay until it gets dark or if I end up being alone for too long in the afternoon.

Also, I don't want to be alone in the morning, someone please tell me you'll be there around 9ish.
  24. CrystalDallas Member

Sorry, no can do. You could show up a bit later, and you won't be out there alone (or at least not for as long as you would be by showing up at 9am)
  25. Zak McKracken Member

Why is it so important that Anons show up around 9am?

If you have "nothing better to do" whysoearly?
    9am is a difficult time for vampires to be awake and moving.
  26. Anon998 Member

I never said it was "important" for everyone to show up at 9, I just want to know if someone will be there by then.
  27. NoScope Member

Ill be there sometime between 9:30 and 10:30 so u won't be alone. I can't stay all day so i gots to do morning
  28. CrystalDallas Member

2lc68nm.jpg

Why must you hurt me so, NoScope?

But srsly, am I going to be the only one there in the afternoon?

Why Friday and not weekends anyway? I could possibly do Thursday without too much trouble (still not 9am though) but Friday's not going to be an easy one to make...
  29. Hailbeardman Member

Hey guys got directed here to this thread and site by WBM. I am a DFW area cop and was just throwing out my support and offering to accompany you guys as a "skilled observer" on a protest in the future. I would be there just to observe you exercising your 1st amendment rights, and to serve as a witness to any "crimes" the church/security officers might try to claim you have committed. I will check in periodically and feel free to message me if you have any questions about law enforcement in TX I will be happy to answer them.
  30. Anon998 Member

I said I'd be there til sun down. Also, I work all weekend every weekend. So that's why I said I couldn't do it. I'm sorry it was made inconvenient for you but there will be more protests in the future and maybe I can get a Saturday off so we could do it then. :)

Awesome. Thanks for your support!

cool, I will be there around 9:20ish. (assuming i don't miss the bus) =P
  31. CrystalDallas Member

Well, I should think future protests should be on weekends for the most part anyway. Of course, you can always try to get some people together on weekdays or do some solo raids, but weekends usually work for people more than weekdays. Like Dallanon said earlier, he can't do Thur/Fri, and you can't do weekends, but that doesn't mean we set our dates around your schedule every month. I think for the most part, weekends are best, but I'll be willing to accompany you (if I can) if you'd like to set up some weekday things from time to time.
  32. Anon998 Member

:( I apologize for pushing that. That was not right for me to push my schedule ahead of everyone elses. I just wanted to make sure I'd be in a big group and didn't miss out on account of my schedule. Again, I apologize and hope you can forgive me of that...
  33. Anon998 Member

Also, I'm bringing my HD camera to the protest so that's also why I was pushing for a day I was totally free...
  34. CrystalDallas Member

It's fine, completely understandable. Just saying that it can't always happen that way, just whatever works, yaknow?

Good camera = awesome
    because I've had my little camera that doesn't get the birds flying around in those cars that have been passing by.

There's a possibility that I might not be able to make it on the 23rd... but I'm going to try my best. It's likely that I'll end up leaving after just an hour or two, which sucks, but at least I'll try my best to be there.
  35. Anon998 Member

Yeah, I watched all your vids. I think you got at least one though. I'm sure I saw it. :)
  36. CrystalDallas Member

Oh last month (no vids posted yet) a woman stuck her hand out the window for it. I am pretty sure it got caught on camera. I sure hope it did. :)
  37. Anonymous Member

The email was sent late yesterday morning (not much advanced notice)
    Thought Id let it leak out here in the dallas thread in case anyone was interested
  38. Dallanon Member

I'll check back for the May one, there's no way this one is happening for me. I will YFTC that weekend in support.
  39. Whorr Member

I know I've been gone for a long ass time, IRL shit got in the way, but as I was traveling on N-IH35E entering Dallas before getting on IH30, I saw a What is Scientology billboard. I raeged, and decided that I will be coming to Dallas next protest. I have basically seen a slight lack in activity here in Austin, and need some sort of motivation to continue on.

EDIT: I'd probably be up there pretty early. Would take~ 3-4hrs to get there. It had better go down. Don't want to drive up there for nothing. xD
  40. NoScope Member

Ok, so far we have people showing up at all times on firday and im pretty sure i saw some peeps saying sat too. So, lets have a post from every one whose coming that just has what day and time and ill add it to OP so u don't have to search for what time everyone is showing up. :)