Customize

Cult leader Osho/Bhagwan Rajneesh. His views on LRH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super Power Entheta, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

I loll'd.
  2. Smurf Member

She does telephone consultations as well.

"My telepathic consultations with an animal are generally conducted while I am on the phone with the animal's human so that you and the animal can respond to each other's questions. To help me connect telepathically with your animal I will ask you to give the name and a physical description of each animal you want to communicate with. Alternatively, you can e-mail the animal's photo to me at jasmineindra@gmail.com."

http://jasmineindra.com/communication.html

I wonder if she can cure my poodle of crapping on the carpet?
  3. Anonymous Member

The Mission is Davis was an old automobile repair shop turned into a Mission. Where the heck on Olive Drive are you talking about? Never seen another cult in Davis.
  4. Anonymous Member

It is amazing she would join a cult after her father was murdered by one.
  5. Smurf Member

Wrong city, troll. The Mission of Davis used to be at 709 SW Salmon St in Portland, OR.
  6. Anonymous Member

My bad, and couldn't edit or delete ... sorry. I saw that I'd made a boo-boo.
  7. Smurf Member

Yeah. Sure. Report to Ethics.
  8. Anonymous Member

Detective Smurfy.
  9. moarxenu Member

I long for the day when residents of Clearwater can put up a similar plaque.

AntelopePlaque.jpg
  10. AnonLover Member

i'd be happy with a few of those big ornamental balls being temporarily adorned to look like DeathHamster's avatar in the interim.
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

A Summer Camp for Christian Youth Used to Belong to a Different Cult | VICE

By Mark Hay, May 14, 2014

The Washington Family Ranch in eastern Oregon is a ready-made backdrop for glossy brochure photos of Middle American wholesomeness. Golf-green grass, spiraling water slides, and spick-and-span camp cabins separated by 12 miles of scrub brush from the nearest hamlet of Antelope (population approximately 47), the resort has been the regional mecca for summer fun in the sun for Young Life for 15 years now. But before the Christian youth ministry moved in, the ranch was home to a militarized, expansionist cultic utopia that, at its height, took over the town, waged biological warfare against the county, and plotted the assassination of federal prosecutors.

That history is not readily apparent from the 7,000 or so kids frolicking around the rural landscape today. It’s a chapter of the place’s history that Young Life says is gone and largely forgotten. But Antelope residents remember all too well, and still display a plaque on the post office to remind themselves of the half decade when their town was almost taken over by an Indian cult. Antelope’s acting mayor, Robin Moats, speaking outside her official capacity, told me locals are still a bit wary of any new big group in town.

Although the Ranch’s story centers on a desiccated patch of Americana, it begins 40 years ago and 8,000 miles away in Pune, India. It was there in 1974 that the charismatic spiritual guide Chandra Mohan Jain, a.k.a. Baghwan Shree Rajneesh, or Osho, began a religious refuge known as an ashram that attracted followers from far and wide. By 1974 Rajneesh had amassed 10,000 followers and was raising hackles across the nation for his group’s vocal support of aggressive capitalism, free love, and ecstatic meditation in search of a detachment that would both allow and entitle one to do anything to anyone else. To spice things up, Rajneesh liked to lace all of his teachings with a few dirty jokes, ethnic punch lines, and, allegedly, drugs.

Unsurprisingly, he got the boot from India by 1981, fleeing allegations of tax evasion, smuggling, and violence, and landed in eastern Oregon, where his follower and lieutenant Ma Anand Sheela had, with the aid of her wealthy husband, Marc Harris Silverman, recently purchased a 64,000-acre ranch to create an isolated commune for 7,000 of Osho’s red-clad followers to farm and worship in peace. It helped, of course, that two of those followers were heirs to the Baskin Robbins and Learjet fortunes, flooding the retreat with millions to build up infrastructure and, why not, buy a pile of diamond-studded Rolexes and 93 Rolls-Royces for Rajneesh, whose goal was to have 365 of them so he could drive by his jumping, waving followers in a new car each day of the year.

immf0f46.jpg

Continued at http://www.vice.com/read/the-cult-history-behind-young-lifes-oregon-summer-camp
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Disambiguation Global Moderator

That was such a horror. The things that cult did- including poisoning lawyers at a deposition and practicing by poisoning a salad bar, bussing in homeless so they would vote in town elections… etc. Many of those in the commune died early on because of HIV. It's sad. Did the Christian church who bought that piece of property know about what transpired there? It reminds me of Poltergist, "They're heeeere"
  13. Now we are in a new ege… time has evolve, has change now is time for real present and what exist here and now
    OZEN Rajneesh is an osho’s enlightened disciple…about his life in osho commune he described in his beautiful book “Tears of mystic rose” which is easily available in net.

http://ozenrajneesh.com/tears-of-mystic-rose/#page/1

whoever is attract by OSHO´s message should take a look at “his new outside looking” in this planet earth, well, im sharing my personal and common opinion, but i must recommend it

please take a look what he has crated just out of pure love.
    A dreaming paradise, eco village with the right environment to develop your inner journey, ´with all the best conditions to be in this path on earth <3

http://www.ozencocom.com/

14. follow this MAN
    OZEN Rajneesh is an osho’s enlightened disciple…about his life in osho commune he described in his beautiful book “Tears of mystic rose” which is easily available in net.

http://ozenrajneesh.com/tears-of-mystic-rose/#page/1

whoever is attract by OSHO´s message should take a look at “his new outside looking” in this planet earth, well, im sharing my personal and common opinion, but i must recommend it

please take a look what he has crated just out of pure love.
    A dreaming paradise, eco village with the right environment to develop your inner journey, ´with all the best conditions to be in this path on earth <3

http://www.ozencocom.com/
  15. Twice and faster if at all possible.
  16. DeathHamster Member

17. The Wrong Guy Member

What Happened to the Rajneesh After 'Wild Wild Country'? | Vice

Quote:

'Wild Wild Country' is one of the biggest hits on Netflix this year. It follows Indian spiritual leader, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, now known as Osho, who set up a commune in rural Oregon in the '80s and clashed with locals. We visit an Osho event in Brampton, Ontario where they are embracing the new attention their group has received since the series premiered.