Customize

Critics' names hijacked for negative book reviews? (Martin/MOttman vs Martin Ottmann the ex-member)

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by jensting, Jul 7, 2011.

1. jensting Member

Hi There!

I noticed Larry B's comment at Amazon about the negative review (copypasta) of Reitman's new book by "Martin" in one instance and "MOttman" in another. http://www.amazon.com/review/R1BEAZ...4X7TLU6&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

That name reminds me of my old friend, the ex-member Martin Ottmann (notice spelling difference, though).

I've checked with the Martin Ottmann I know, and he did not write either review.

Interestingly, the "MOttman" at Amazon has 9 reviews to his credit (OK), all entered on July 4th 2011 (WTF?!? - duly noted by eagle eyed poster "Mike" at Amazon).

This could be a coincidence (yeah, right), if not it seems, for the moment (e.g. until more are detected), to be mainly childish behaviour on "someone's" part.

Best Regards

Jens

EDIT: Request mod put this in an appropriate place, like "fair game reports ..." - I posted badly.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Smurf Member

Scilons have pulled this crap in the past with me using my name with a letter missing or added.... they think it makes them look intelligent when they play these games.
  3. adhocrat Member

remember Smurf, games are 22 on the tone scale