Customize

Creating threads in various languages ?

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Ann O'Nymous, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Ann O'Nymous Member

Creating threads in various languages ?

2. anonimo Member

Re: Creating threads in various languages ?

I second this.

Anonymous cannot afford to lock out potential anons who are willing to help the cause, we need to remove language barriers, if we want to bring down CoS as soon as possible, avoiding more harm to be done.

Some anons might say: this will create more centralisation causing more dependance on enturbulation which is bad in case it fails one day. On the other hand: if now there are no forums where Anonymous issues are discussed in a given language and if there is less organized activism/protest because of this lack of a communication hub, then creating such threads/sections in other languages would be ONLY PURE WIN.

And with the help of such a discussion area decentralized forums might get created more easily finally. I also guess that having such an area some people that feel shy at the beginning will venture to the other forum section as time goes by (which they probably won't if not attracted to enturbulation in the first place because of the German/Spanish/French/etc. discussion area.

Another thing to consider: I think one general thread per language will be quite inefficient (though better then nothing) compared to having a subsection for discussion in a specific laguage. I know this because I posted several times in different German threads in the protest/activism section of enturbulation. Discussing different topics in one single thread is very hard and kind of annoying, because people have to go through all the thread to see if there's something that might be interesting for them, worse even if the thread has lots of pages. I prefer subforums also because I think, there is also a need to discuss lots of regional stuff that cannot be done easily in the General Discussion as threads would disappear too quickly from the first page of the thread list. Discussion could be in English or bilingual in all those country/language-specific threads/sections.

anonimo
  3. indeedindeed Member

Re: Creating threads in various languages ?

i also support this idea.

about one month ago i've created a thread in german with relevant links in that language. its somewhere on some page in education&research. it would be a step forward especially for distribution of information to have such a thing in other languages. but maybe that already exists or there are even better things and ideas.

definite agreement!
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member