Customize

Court House News: Narconon Vista Bay Being Sued

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by functionunknown, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Intelligence Member

I LOVE reading threads like this:) . They help my gray hair go away. Or maybe that used box of colour sitting on the sink had something to do with it:). Seriously, this thread is delicious and helps widen lips into big smiles.
  2. AnonLover Member

And if by chance Mr and/or Mrs Elliot happen to be lurking this thread and do indeed want to speak out prior to gag order... due to the Catholic angle, might we kindly suggest you look to the fabulous Randy Sly at Catholic.org who does awesome coverage on all things Scientology-related Catholics find worth knowing. And us Anons can help you get in touch with him if need be.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

I believe with your work, and what's happening in Australia that affects all sci's front groups (they can't have it both ways, secular/religious), and so much more happening, this must be a major flap now.

I was thinking that the Elliott's should up the ante because of the medication negligence. Wouldn't this at least satisfy the definitions of assault and battery? Attempted manslaughter would have to show intent, and I don't know if there's unintentional attempted manslaughter. But clearly this person's life was put in danger of imminent death but negligence. If more serious charges could be brought up, and in light of the fact that a person almost died, I'd be more comfortable with $10 Million in punitive, especially since scientology has been on record saying $1 Million is just "chump change".

No accident that over 60 years, there's never a case that's gone to trial, and cases that sci has lost and settled, so much gagging and closed books. Why? IRS. I don't care what kind of special secrets they share, evidence of crimes committed by scientology would revoke any special agreements, period.
    See, now it makes sense why DM will spend tens of millions of $$ on settlements, with the caveat of closed books and such. If sci loses it's special deal, it's not just taxes that are gonna cost, it's losing that fake cloak of religiousity. Lawyers, courts, cops, politicians, in U.S., are squeemish and cowardly when it comes to taking on any "holy" criminals.

So I hope the Elliotts understand this. The better the case and evidence and charges, the higher the stakes should be. Because Miscavige Will Pay It! Hell, think of how many millions of $$ it would cost him just in property taxes for all his real estate holdings! But it's losing his religion that DM hold dear. Dear to the Dollar. Make the bastard pay enough to feel it where it counts.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

I believe with your work, and what's happening in Australia that affects all sci's front groups (they can't have it both ways, secular/religious), and so much more happening, this must be a major flap now.

I was thinking that the Elliott's should up the ante because of the medication negligence. Wouldn't this at least satisfy the definitions of assault and battery? Attempted manslaughter would have to show intent, and I don't know if there's a charge of unintentional attempted manslaughter. But clearly this person's life was put in danger of imminent death by negligence. If more serious charges could be brought up, and in light of the fact that a person almost died, I'd be more comfortable with $10 Million in punitive, especially since scientology has been on record saying $1 Million is just "chump change".

No accident that over 60 years, there's never been a case that's gone to trial, and cases that sci has lost and settled, so much gagging and closed books attached. Why? IRS. I don't care what kind of special secrets they share, evidence of crimes committed by scientology would revoke any special agreements, period.

See, now it makes sense why DM will spend tens of millions of $$ on settlements, with the caveat of closed books and such. If sci loses it's special deal, it's not just taxes that are gonna cost, it's losing that fake cloak of religiousity. Lawyers, courts, cops, politicians, in U.S., are squeemish and cowardly when it comes to taking on any "holy" criminals. It's gone to an extreme, and the laws imo as well.

So I hope the Elliotts understand this. The better the case and evidence and charges, the higher the punitive should be. Because Miscavige Will Pay It! Hell, think of how many millions of $$ it would cost him just in property taxes for all his real estate holdings! But it's losing his religion that DM holds dear. Dear to the Dollar. Make the bastard pay enough to feel it where it counts.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Intelligence Member

I think one million is low.
  6. Saul Goodman Member

Santa Cruz county is expensive, by national and even local standards. It's a darn sweet place to live. But ... you never know. Remember a long time ago, we researched billboards? I'd guess that it's the same now: prices vary by location and vendor, but nothing is cheap. Also, we didn't have a budget to begin with! :/
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AnonLover Member

FWIW - the idea spawned from my own local area... billboard ads sales seem to be in the toilet here. only the highest profile freeway signs are filled, the rest are all running "call this number 4 your ad here". Have also heard local radio ads selling billboard spots, and even got an automated caller spam at work trying to sell us pkg billboards dirt cheap deals.
  8. Saul Goodman Member

I'm game - I'll look into it.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. subgenius Member

It could be low. It could be high. It could be too medium.
    And it could be just the right number at this moment in the opinion of the lawyer that has the responsibility to prosecute the case based on many facts, and factors none of us are aware of.
  10. Intelligence Member

Could be,..., LOL :). One million is a nice round number though. I LOVE eet :)

11. jensting Member

Although it might affect the size of the compensation, the Co$ has settled without a gag order in Canada (David Love) and the UK (Bonnie Woods).

Just saying..

Best Regards

Jens
  12. Random guy Member

I think CoS settled with a "minimal" gag order with David, limited to the amount he recieved as wages compensation. He can probably fill in if I am wrong.
  13. jensting Member

Well, if he's gagged, it's not as bad as others have ben gagged :)

Of course, both of these examples were outside of the US, but I still think it's worth approaching from the "gag orders are optional / variable" angle rather than "gag orders are absolute."

Best regards

Jens
  14. Anonymous Member

Why not a Class Action suit and raise the bid to $500 Million?
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

Because it seems finding lawyer to take Narconon cases is next to impossible.
  16. Intelligence Member

No, not wages. This case was for Phsycological Harassment only. My only gag is no disclosure of the settlement amount. The case with the Human Rights is basically the same, with an added, hard hitting twist. If I had proceeded with other case and won, the HR Case would have been Moot. The only time I "gag" is trying not to vomit when I think of their abuses.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Anonymous Member

I am not so sure about that. Ex-NNers appear to have been getting refunds so there are some lawyers willing to take NN cases. The situation with NN is different than suing CoS for abuses suffered within it. NN cannot hide behind First Amendment protection since it is secular.

The causes of action in NN cases are typically fraud, endangerment of health, seizure of medications, and proslytization into Scientology carried out by scifag NN staff. Since these are common to most NN cases it would seem to me to be ideal for a class action suit, but IANAL. OSA is terrified of any case going before a jury and exposing NN's status as a front-group with many ties and reporting and control lines to the cult.

It appears that more and more NN victims and their families are speaking out and heading for a critical mass. Thus this gets more appealing to case action lawyers, of which there are plenty. Time will tell.
  18. Intelligence Member

My lawyer advised I can say, write, or speak to media about whatever flavour I chose, as long as it's the truth and I can proue it with evidence/dox. One must be careful in some cases, not to tip their hand to things that you know they don't know you know. Make sense?:)
  19. Intelligence Member

The Human Rights case for Exploitation, may evolve into a Class Action, but not just against NN. The cos and Able have also been named as well as others.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Intelligence Member

If they win this case or a big settlement, who takes the stats hit or perhaps enjoys a few hundred rice and beans meals?
  21. Saul Goodman Member

22. AnonLover Member

23. Saul Goodman Member

The first time we looked at this, the number $20,000 stuck in my head. Yeah, this is expensive, unless we bake sale. Can we get a global bake sale idea going?
  24. AnonLover Member

I just heard the local radio spot for billboards in my area, and didnt flick the channel for once... at the end it says "special discounts for non-profit & charity groups available"

so might be worth a shot of calling the company to schmooze 'em abit & ask if a) the prices listed online are current. and b) any chance of discount for chairities?
  25. Anonymous Member

BB, read this.

Also this post http://forums.whyweprotest.net/thre...ncy-for-narconon-staffers.52776/#post-1825814
  26. Anonymous Member

I was thinking of asking city hall about the idea of asking local landowners if I could put a sign up for a year for some reasonable price. A nice spot by the road that goes to Narconon, for example. If they don't like that, I'll ask who in the Chamber of Commerce they could direct me to regarding rural signage.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Intelligence Member

This sign idea near the road leading tn NN, is a great idea! In Canada, we don't need City Hall permission. Signs can be placed on commercil or private property:).
  28. Saul Goodman Member

I think I'll be able to get a sign up on private property, by permission of the owner. I hope as I drive, I meet no guard dogs, but people who already oppose the Narconon scam. Santa Cruz is a very liberal county, and in the most rural towns, I greatly doubt they have a law that prohibits things like chain restaurants and billboards. Paging Sponge to the white courtesy phone - if this stunt works, can you make the graphic?

Also, how is this sign going to get paid for?
  29. jensting Member

To be honest, I think it's a dead end. The owner of the property is going to find out how kindly the criminal organization known as the "church" of $cientology takes to this sort of publicity and then he's going to take the sign down, I'm afraid.

Effort perhaps better spent in 'pooning the local press?

Best regards,
    Jens
    • Like Like x 1
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

Zsa Zsa's Hubby -- The Not-So-Subtle Anniversary Gift

7/25/2011 3:14 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Prince Frederic von Anhalt bought Zsa Zsa Gabor the biggest anniversary card he could find -- in the form of a giant billboard overlooking Sunset Blvd.

0725-prince-zsa-billboard-ex-credit.jpg
    The Prince tells TMZ he forked over $68,000 to erect the 44-foot billboard for one month in the heart of Hollywood.

31. Exponential Member

We'll troll NN in SF and SC at our raids and/or wherever opportunity presents itself. Luckily the mission at 1509 Seabright is now a Medicann. The scientology center on 704 Soquel is tiny clam shell in suite F for Fail. Paperstorming Pacific ave SC would raise awareness, lots of traffic. + as Jens said, local press. Alot of addicts in the NorCal bays for NN to prey on. This cannot continue. Vista Bay gtfo of Monterey bay.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. RightOn Member

Must reach the parents too before they even entertain the thought of sending their family members there
    Where do people hear about Narconon the most initially in this area?
    Is it from advertisements in newspapers? Are they visiting the colleges?
    Maybe find out where these adds are and then put in some advertising of your own next to it?

IDK it's early and I am sure this has already been discussed
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Narconon currently being investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK.

Anons could submit complaints in other jurisdictions.

We have plenty of evidence re fictional success rates.
  34. Anonymous Member

Listed under Yahoo FINANCE news
    with no mention of L Ron Hubbard tech being used

Narconon Southern California Publishes Information Resource Websites

LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - 07/07/11) -
    Narconon Southern California has published a list of new websites that helps individuals struggling with substances such as prescription pain pills, cocaine, and alcohol find a wealth of news and information at one convenient location.
    Narconon Southern California has been treating addicts for over 40 years. This gives the organization a level of experience that allows it to meet the unique needs of its clients.

Instead of simply focusing on detoxification, Narconon Southern California provides a range of services that have been chosen to help addicts learn new ways to live life without chemicals. After an initial detoxification stage at a Narconon Southern California facility, clients enter a period of counseling that focuses on the development of new life skills. Many of the clients undergoing counseling might find that they never developed the emotional tools that they need to cope with unwanted emotions such as stress and disappointment. Narconon's counseling sessions help identify the emotional root of addiction so that clients can learn to cope with triggers that lead them back to chemical dependency. Counseling also helps clients cope with negative emotions that develop as a result of withdrawal.

The services offered by Narconon are needed more today than ever before. Research shows that alcohol and drug abuse is on the rise in the United States. On a daily basis, approximately 20 million Americans abuse alcohol. 32 percent of traffic deaths are the result of driving under the influence of alcohol. Some surveys even show that one in four Americans aged 24 to 36 have used cocaine at least once. This dangerous drug is highly addictive and generates profits for drug dealers that exceed the amount made by many large corporations.
    Narconon Southern California is on a mission to help all people live lives free of chemical dependency. The new website makes it easier for potential clients to learn about services that can help them reach and maintain sobriety.

The newly published sites can be found under the following URL's:

These are all Sci sites I made them unclickable by adding the DOT
    if you go there proxy up!

Mod Edit: Changing spelling won't break a hyperlink. They should be okay now though. (Use the break link icon in the toolbar, and if that doesn't work contact a mod.)

www DOT addictionca.com
    www DOT narcononsoutherncalifornia.net
    www DOT narcononsoutherncalifornia.com
    www DOT narcononsoutherncalifornia.org
    www DOT narcononcalifornia.net
    www DOT narcononcalifornia.org

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Narconon-Southern-California-iw-776904309.html?x=0&.v=1

COMMENTS ARE OPEN!! ^^^^^^^
  35. Anonymous Member

Say for example I talked to someone who knew nothing of the cult, but had a desirable spot to place a sign. What's stopping me from informing him about what I'm doing? What if they already know about the scam, as they are local to the location of the scam? Why dismiss the idea out of hand? Also, if anyone damages or removes the sign, then it is newsworthy.
  36. RightOn Member

dont forget that COS just may make the property owner's life miserable too
  37. pooks Member

Agreed, they really don't want to go to deposition and then a trial because the facts are never kind to Scientology/Narconon. Getting their stories out now, won't effect the cults willingness to settle.
  38. Saul Goodman Member

Also newsworthy.
  39. RightOn Member

good point! but the owner should at least be made aware of how litigeous they can be?
  40. jensting Member

I was only concerned with the well-being of the property owner ;-).

Best regards

Jens