Customize

COS paid two private investigators millions to trail David Miscavige's rival

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Now subtract what they spent on hotels, house rentals, gasoline, rental cars, airplane tickets, other employees (up to 6 people at a time), etc.

It ain't a fortune.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

I wonder what earnings percentile these two fall into?
  3. Anonymous Member

Hopefully the church will correct their oversite in not giving such dedicated employees a generous severance package when their services were no longer needed, they weren't volunteers after all.
  4. jensting Member

Well, at least David "third wheel" Miscavige will be on no doubt whose fault this is: somebody else's!

At least he can trust those staff embers who are tasked with reading this forum and bringing the important bits to him that they will do it right, and he will never - ever - be anything other than scrupulously fair to them. Right?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ^Nice typo that, Jens - 'staff embers' - as though they were burnt, or completely spent. Sounds very like the Sea Org.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. muldrake Member

From Jesse Prince:

That'll put a hurt on the bankroll.

Scientologists, especially high level Scientologists are often sloppy about money in general. They've been taught that spending more on cult courses will guarantee they get the magical ability to make more money. Why would they care about saving? There's always more where the last came from. (Until there isn't.)
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

I think Jesse also said that Broeker protected Miscavige when Hubbard got suspicious of Davey and Jesse was ordered to sec check him.
  8. DeathHamster Member

Subtract? Why?

Add it on the expenses.
  9. wolfbane Member

No, Jesse said DM dished as much dirt on Broeker as he could during his sec check so that Broeker would go down with him. Jesse then had to give the sec check to Broeker who of course didn't pass it on to Hubbard because his own eyes were blackened.
  10. DeathHamster Member

Talk about your three-way knife fight!

According to Jesse.
  11. wolfbane Member

Indeed. Jesse also said Broeker was stark raving mad, while Marty drug his name thru the mud in the same fashion he did David Mayo implying Broeker was just as bad as DM in the early days of his blog.

Yet the media coverage states Broeker was attending college in the medical field and working as a medical transcriptionist. That doesn't jive with what I would expect of a scilon nutjob like Jesse implied, nor with some big-time ambitious criminal like Marty implied.

So go figure.
  12. DeathHamster Member

And now we have a five-way knife fight. Or wait, did Marty just stab Jesse, Mayo and Broeker?

[IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. wolfbane Member

With the way Marty spins all sides of a story depending on which way he wants his hype du jour to blow, I'm waiting for him to flip flop and go singing Broeker's praises like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread... once Broeker hooks up with the SPTimes or Ortega for his close-up and talks bad about DM.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Also, from what I understand, this money included their expenses, which being international were most likely considerable. Not like i'm defending their actions or anything.

These guys must be straight enough to not fear the IRS in the first place.
  15. RolandRB Member

It's not gambling money if their postulates make them win.
  16. rickybobby Member

So, I have seen nor heard anything from the PIs since the "settlement talks" began, but haven't had time to poke around yet today. Any of you guys heard a peep? Are they Non Disclosing already? Think the negotiations are over?
  17. Anonymous Member

Yeah, it's not like they have blackmail...
  18. Anonymous Member

They're calling Miscavige's bluff, and winning.

I hope they take him for millions. IAS extorted money is easily spent.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

I don't think Marty has any point of view of his own, he changes them as he sees fit.
  21. Anonymous Member

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201166.ece

I think the company can afford to spend a few million per year to keep witnesses of its crimes quiet.
  22. RightOn Member

"Scientology rings up astonishing sums: $100 million a year just from services sold in Clearwater, a minimum of $250 million since 2006 for the International Association of Scientologists, tens of millions for new church buildings called Ideal Orgs, and untold millions more from selling new volumes of church scripture.
    Then there's the massive and long-delayed Super Power building in downtown Clearwater, which the church has used as a magnet for at least $145 million in donations."

and yet they only pay 1 mil in taxes every year in Clearwater and offer no public benefit there or anywhere else what so ever
    • Agree Agree x 6
  23. Anonymous Member

Mostly true, but not entirely. David Miscavige and Tom Cruise are members of the public, and they do in fact receive some benefit.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  24. You could be right. I was being charitable. Who knows, these guys or guys like them could have been responsible for whatever seems to have made the IRS back down.
  25. Ogsonofgroo Member

Which public?
    David McSavage only in front of Lron's created minions (and, to be fair his too), or Tom's rare appearences? (think couches)? WTF? His main public is his last shitty movies, and a bunch of horrid PR for being a fuck, none of which, for either of these two goofs, has much to do with real public imho.
    Hubbard's crap was designed to remove a person from the world, he did it very well, entwining the being into a web of sweet n' sour, all the while sitting like 'king-predator-spider' on the edge of his web till he died.
    Thankfully for a new type of web, the anti-thesis of Lron's warped and freaky shite, combined with the pains and tribulations of the affected... Yarr, justice must arise.

Okay, wtf was was the subject? (laughing @ mew! <<<<< see what I mean? iya!)

:p

:p
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. anonysamvines Member

blackmail on Co$ wouldn't stop an IRS investigation into their own affairs and remember it is the PI's who made public the amounts - seems unlikely they would do that if they hadn't dealt honestly in that regard. Especially knowing that the cult would go after them for just daring to shake them down, and a call to the IRS would be just one of the methods used.

yeah I bet the gag order and money is in place already - Co$ can't afford otherwise.

But let's be thankful the PI's gave us what they have and in the manner they have so far. They are not angels but lots of good has come out of it.

Wins and lulz for us and them and shizz, downstats, lost money, more bad pr and more of the cult's bad practise exposed to the public for Co$. Don't ever stop lulzing at Slappy being named as a USURPER in a court doc!!

Their lawyer can't use the specifics of this case but he has now even more knowledge and experience he can use for future cases.
    And any convos they had with the press etc before the gag order probably won't now be run in public but will be working its magic behind the scenes and linking with other cases etc. and giving them more leads, contacts and ways of investigating, discovering evidence.
    As with the Debbie Cook settlement and gag order this is going to keep coming up in the future and biting them in the azz. How are they going to explain away to the public their non defence (we know they will lie to the scilos) and settlement of such outrageous claims when, if they in fact had no merit and substance, it would be so easy to get this case thrown out and Co$'s and SLAPPY's good name, standing and reputation upheld? Why they wouldn't want to have these upheld in court is beyond me!! lol

I am just hoping that some of the other PI's out there are taking note and being inspired!! and do it in the same public manner - for their own self protection (and our lulz) of course.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Clusterdux Member

By now the question is rather; Who ISN"T collecting dirt on their contacts?
    Such a happy family the lot of them.....
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

One thing is for sure - Debbie Cook started this trend of sending mass mails to "fellow Scientologists". I received the last three of them into my personal mail box. It was fun when Debbie did it, it was still fun when Danny Lemberger and Haifa Org assigned the "condition of treason" to Miscavige, but the rest of the emails sort of bore me at this stage. With the exception of Karen de la Carriere's email, which dealt with a very particular issue of disgusting CoS disconnection behavior, even after her son died.
  29. Anonymous Member

^^^^^
    The email that I really want is from somebody at IAS saying that Miscavige has been diverting IAS funds to fund his lavish life-style.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. anonysamvines Member

can quite understand them boring you
    but am very glad it is a trend that is taking off - saves us so much work, attacks and helps ruin Co$ from the inside effectively, insidiously and exponentially and always produces more specifics for us to use!!
    • Agree Agree x 4
  31. Anonymous Member

I understand what you are saying, " the novelty" has worn off. It has. But, IMO greatest thing about email/internet declaration is that once the button is pushed, it's "done." No sec checks, no blow recovery and by the time osa responds, the postee has already received support from those out.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  32. Anonymous Member

Paging Ms Janet Light...
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology - The Shocking Truth, Part 1: Pat Broeker Stalked

Published on Oct 3, 2012 by ToryMagoo44

Who was Pat Broeker? He was supposed to take over C of S in 1986. This is more about that, and how the 2 detectives Miscavige hired to hound Pat for 25 years are now not only speaking out, they are suing C of $.

Here is Mark Bunker's interview with the 2 Detectives:
    http://www.xenutv.com/blog/2012/09/30/the-dukes-master-spies/

Here are the two reporters from the Tampa Bay Times who came out with this first:
    http://bcove.me/c8g38znk
    (Thanks to Joe Childs and Tom Tobin for their continuous exposure of Scientology's abuses.)

Here is one of the announcements of Hubbard's death, with some persons pretty funny comments along with it. Sorry if it offends some. I couldn't find JUST the straight announcement.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Anonymous Member

A few million? Let's talk... :cool:
  36. Anonymous Member

Have you witnessed any of the company's crimes? Do you have the dox to back it up?

If you do you can be a shining public hero and take the evidence to the proper authorities and or the media as appropriate.

Or you can be a selfish slime and blackmail the cult. But if you're going to be a slime, at least get some of the information out there to show the cult that you are a serious threat, thus strengthening your bargaining position for a bigger payday.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. anonysamvines Member

loved the slappy vid lol
    and the weird thing with his eyes at 1.53
    and wow how teeny teeny teeny does he look against that full sized podium when it goes for a long shot? bet they soon got resized after that lol
    • Like Like x 1
  38. He looks positively lilliputian.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Anonymous Member

They should have upped their offer from when it was a few thousand. I'm pretty sure that I've cost them many millions since then. (Hard to prove, but trust me on that.)

What? Hey, everyone has their price! I will sleep with Bill Gates for several billion dollars. So would you.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  40. DeathHamster Member

If he does, the round is on me!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1