Customize

COS Italy suing Maria Pia Gardini & RIP Sept. 23 2012

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by mnql1, Mar 30, 2010.

1. DeathHamster Member

I hope she didn't have to waste any of the last two years dealing with their lawyers.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. mnql1 Member

^^^^ This.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. muldrake Member

Terrible news.
  4. :(.

Vale Maria RIP.
  5. moarxenu Member

She was a dauntless, defiant, and resolute foe of the cult and its evils. May she rest in peace and continue to inspire all who are committed to ending the evils of the cult.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. Anonymous Member

I am very sorry to hear about Maria Pia's passing. I tried to meet up with her in Italy, but she was in the hospital and did not want me to see her in such condition. That lady was very strong, and did not indulge in self pity. She was always optimistic and fully expected to recover by the end of the summer. I guess faith decided otherwise.RIP Maria Pia.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

She didn't. I was in touch with her.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. RightOn Member

Is there someone who knew Maria who can write about her story in Scientology and the way they went after her for that book she published (with the nuns was it??)
    Wasn't she OTVIII when she got out? Or was it OTV?
    She had such a sad story, from all the money they bilked out of her and then tried to get more out of her after her Mom passed.
    Weren't scilons camped out at her house too once?
    Her story needs to be told again.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Anonymous Member

She wrote two very detailed depositions about the events. Debbie Cook was one of the people pressuring to give up money.
  10. RightOn Member

yes I know.
    but her story needs to be told again. Not by her in a deposition that most won't see.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. Malory Member

A brave lady. Sad news indeed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. RolandRB Member

14. TinyDancer Member

Be at peace, Maria.
  15. Sex Bison Member

I can find nothing in the Italian press confirming her death. Her Italian Wikipedia page has her as still alive.
  16. Random guy Member

My condolences to anyone here who may have known her.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ZORRO Member

I met her once in paris I did like the way she was saying things tough and rough
    she was interviewed in a french show about the cult
    and said things her way rough and tough again
    grat lady
    may she rest i peace
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Krautfag Member

Ann O'Nymous can be trusted in this case. Sadly.

What a life, from riches to zero thanks to a criminal cult, but fighting to the end.
    Good night, sweet princess.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ogsonofgroo Member

Very sad news, my deepest condolences to her family and friends, she was a brave and beautiful lady and I am sure will be missed by many.

RIP Maria
    • Like Like x 1
  21. anonamus Member

So sad news. My deepest condolences and thoughts to her family and close friends too.
    RIP Maria, and rest asure the fight against the cult will continue.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. anon walker Moderator

So they gonna have to go back to suing the nuns now?
  23. Anonymous Member

The lawsuit puts Scientology at risk of building a greater enmity with Catholics around the world.
    2010013140.jpg
    Maria Pia Gardini, a Catholic author who was formerly a Scientologist and has returned to the Catholic Church, has written 'The Courage To Speak Out - Stories of Ex-Scientologists'.
    Share on ema

WASHINGTON, D.C. (Catholic Online) – The Church of Scientology in Italy has announced it is initiating legal proceedings against the Daughters of St. Paul and Maria Pia Gardini, a Catholic author who was formerly a Scientologist and has returned to the Catholic Church.

In 2007 the Daughters of St. Paul's publishing house, Edizioni Paoline (Paoline Publications), published Gardini’s first book, ” I miei anni in Scientology” (“My years in Scientology”). The first week of December, 2009 they released her second book, “Il coraggio di parlare - storie di fuoriusciti da Scientology” (“The Courage To Speak Out - Stories of Ex-Scientologists”).

continues at: http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=35140
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Kilia Member

My condolences to Maria's family. Blessings and may she rest in peace.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. ZORRO Member

she appears at 0:42 and then at 2:54
    • Like Like x 1