Customize

COS Italy suing Maria Pia Gardini & RIP Sept. 23 2012

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by mnql1, Mar 30, 2010.

1. mnql1 Member

COS Italy suing Maria Pia Gardini

Translation of a March 31, 2010 Italian article on the UK-based mondoraro.org website (Italy and worldwide news).

Scientology cita in giudizio Maria Pia Gardini per 2 milioni di euro. | MondoRaro, an independent free magazine from UK | IT and Worldwide News

English translation of the writ.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: COS Italy suing Maria Pia Gardini

Wow.
  3. Belladonna Member

Go Gianni!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77HflTwphk4&NR=1"]YouTube- Flag, Truth Revealed: The Captain[/ame]
    • Like Like x 1
  4. EyeOnSci Member

These folks will likely lend support:

Catholic Online

Good luck to Maria!
  5. RedShieldwolf Member

I think it is safe to say this cult has no future in Italy.

Oh, and

Man-the-harpoons.jpg
  6. Anonymous Member

:)
  7. Anonymous Member

"We have no funds! We have taken a vow of poverty!"

"We don't actually own anything; we're renting from a American corporation whose name eludes me at the moment. Our lawyers will get back to you on that."
  8. Major Boyle Member

Poon this to Anderson Cooper and anyone else who did a story on Scientology. It shows the cult's fair gaming practice is still in effect.
  9. Anonymous Member

Indeed, wow.
  10. Anonymous Member

Xenophon pooned.
  11. TinyDancer Member

12. Ann O'Nymous Member

13. Belladonna Member

14. CowBell Member

They have no idea how much there is.
  15. Belladonna Member

16. moarxenu Member

Two other cool things about Gianni:

1. He's an atheist.
    2. He is the editor of the online MondoQueer

http://www.mondoqueer.com/
  17. anona-hh Member

Gianni ftw <3
  18. Random guy Member

A pair of eyes on the ground in Italy would be nice.
  19. Anonymous Member

Start with the Gold Pack and go from there.
  20. mnql1 Member

I will post a translation of this 7-page document as soon as time permits. The document essentially accuses Maria Pia Gardini of publicly speaking of Scientology in derogatory terms using language that mocks Scientology and its followers.
  21. Anonymous Member

That's despicable.

there may be no act so vile that an SP will not stoop to,
    but for the love of humanity, this joking and degrading has got to stop!

Shame on Maria Pia Gardini
    for Ron's sake, show some respect
  22. RightOn Member

They never ever learn. The stronghold of COS in Italy sickens me.
    Although my heart goes out to Maria, this will end up as a a huge win in the long run for tarnishing their reputation in Italy further.

I watched the video on Maria long ago, and the money they sucked out of her was insane.

COS is way off base here. (like all their other cases)
    First they go after nuns and now after a member who gave them hundreds of thousands of dollars and who was a dedictaed member who was almost a full fledged OTVIII (if I am not mistaken)

This is not going to end well for COS and they could't have picked a worse time (for them) to pull this crap.
    My heart and prayers go out to Maria. But I think she will come out victorious in the end and I hope she counter sues them.
  23. Ann O'Nymous Member

They chose the weakest link. Maria Pia is not young and almost no money left, AFAIK.
  24. Anonwithhold Member

The Cult took not only money from Maria. They took also her daughter's life, who entered in Narconon for treatment, and died.
    Maria worked as an auditor for many years. She had her own condo, and DM sent other staff to sleep in Maria's Condo, eat her food, etc...
    The atrocities they committed to Maria are unspeakable. Maria will win, and the Cult will lose it. Italy will loose more adherents. We shall see it another foot bullet for the Cult. Now, they are suing for a book with even more witnessess of the Cult's crime.
    Maria, we support you. We love you. Hang in there. God is in your side. Evil can not win.
  25. Anonymous Member

Are they going to sue the nuns too?
  26. Anonymous Member

"Derogatory terms"? Like.. "wog"? "raw meat"? "suppressive person"? "meat body"?
  27. Re: COS Italy suing Maria Pia Gardini

She's being Fair Gamed, and should counter-sue.

Bonnie Woods did, and won damages, as well as neutralising the cult's ability to harass het and Richard. It also had the bonus of putting precedent on the statute books, which I'm pretty sure has helped protect critics over here.
  28. AnonLover Member

the top of the complaint seems to indicate that only Ms. Gardini is named.
  29. xenubarb Member

The nuns own the publishing house. Apparently the cult isn't going to aim for the hard target.
  30. Anonymous Member

Bonnie used the UK's stiff libel laws in that matter. It's my understanding that italian libel laws are primarily geered towards punishing publishers, not individuals. However, italy also has a great many anti-organized crime used to dismantle the mafiosa hold on local government officials including the courts. So using the courts system to harm and silence someone in retribution - IS NOT GOOD THING on italian soil.

pandora's box - it's now opened. and it was scilons own stupidity that did it.
  31. CowBell Member

My guess would be that they would attempt to get her to settle by having her issue a statement that everything was lies and then use that statement to pressure the nuns to stop publication of the book.
  32. Anonymous Member

Has anyone actually contacted Mr. Leone and, if so, what information has been sent? This request needs some delivery.
  33. AnonyVix Member

Bonnie did use the UK's stiff libel laws and they do protect protesters over here although ironically I am campaigning to have them slackened off; I want them to be more in line with America so we can also read National Enquirer On-line - well it's more complex than that but I do believe they need "updating".
  34. Ogsonofgroo Member

Another attempt by CoS to silence any critisisms and try and sweep it under the rug, and no less gross and disgusting as many of its other previous attempts.
    They are arrogant cowards and this action will/is on the radar now and the world is watching.
    Ms. Gardini is totally fucked over by cult of greed and corruption and is supposed to do what?
    Roll over and be silenced by the perpetrators? Sing praises to the vile and obnoxious creation of a certifiably insane con artist? Kissy-kiss and play nice?
    Clueless cult of mind-fuck is offering giant gift of a massive platform for dragging out more of their crimes onto the world stage via the Italian judicial system imho and Maria deserves 9000 swords and for sure has mine! This will not be a quiet fight futhermuckers!
    Pandora's box indeed!
    Satan's warehouse too!

Pope 'pooning time, one of the flock is beset by slugs in wolves clothing.
  35. TypingChimp Member

Three points: First, I agree with the poster above who mentioned Italy's tough organized crime laws, and I hope she's not the type to back down. Then again, there's enough dox out there she probably pretty well knew what she was getting into when she started.

Second, it's not at all dissimilar from how they've dealt in the past, or even earlier this week when they added a day to their week of fail by putting up members to be interviewed at the last minute, forcing an additional day for the AC360 expose. Lulz are, were, and shall continue to be had. My proposed Dome anthem pretty well reflects my thoughts.

Finally, if you've already said "fucked" and "mind fuck", why not say "motherfuckers" as well instead of "futhermuckers."

/nitpick

Oh, and have you ever wondered if George Jetson's dick got zapped when he fucked the robot maid?
  36. Anonymous Member

Wasn't her name Rosie? Also, it never really seemed George had the sprocket fever - besides, with flying cars and all, wouldn't there be more appropriate sexbots available to him?

So, what else can be done to help support Maria? Are there any ItaliAnons she can turn to if the cult tries some other nasty scare tactic shit?
  37. Ogsonofgroo Member

Well fuck me gently, guess I wuz bored eh! XP
    Actually it was meant to confuse the simple, so I'll just let ya simmer with that burning question ;)

@Anon above, support is offered, if moar is needed I'm sure we'll hear about it asap :)
  38. Anonymous Member

you ought to know by now
    Og is a Frunk Duthermucker
    (and a Punk Droster)
  39. Major Boyle Member

Is there a charter of rights in Italy? What about the European charter? Is there the equivalent of the SLAPP suit so that Maria can counter-sue the cult for trying to silence her free speech?
  40. AnonKat Member

Berlusconi happened.

The onley chanche we have is pooning them italians with Scientology does not believe in Christ and the abortion thing

Censorship in Italy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia