Customize

CoS Issues Press Release about Paul Schofield

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by _You_, Nov 23, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

CoS Issues Press Release about Paul Schofield

Paul Schofield, scooter on ESMB, is the man Senator Xenophon mentioned in the Senate, who was pressured to cover up any link to Scientology following the tragic deaths of his two children.

The following has been posted just now at ESMB: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=14882

2. _You_ Member

Re: CoS Issues Press Release about Paul Schofield

Scooter:

3. Anoniemert Member

and what is it what was posted?
    Is this an email by CoS asking publics to provide evidence/statements?
    Where is this CoS press release?
    Link to thread? that snippet of thread you posted really doesn't help understanding what your on about, all your posts informs that there is something about scooter and something is denying something.

need more data

[edit] ah good, you edited in a link to thread.[/edit]
  4. Consensus Member

I'd really like to hear what bullshit the cult is spewing...

I hope some ANZO exes meet the call - and bring dox. This could bring a civil suit for libel/slander if it's juicy enough, and sufficiently refuted.
  5. _You_ Member

6. Re: CoS Issues Press Release about Paul Schofield

If I'm not mistaken, the reporters have a statement from the cult and would like to hear from the other side. Press time is why this is a fast request.

I think the reporter is trying to show both side of the issue.
  7. Consensus Member

Coupled with this article - Counterpunch: Church of Scientology on Xenophon | Article | The Punch - I'd say the 'attack the accuser' counter-push is kicking off.

Document. Package the attacks with the 'always attack never defend' memo. Disseminate.

Keep your eyes peeled. And anyone with specific info that can help respond should stand up and object if they can. But in the end, they're simply providing us a very potent dossier on the kind of shit they pull.

This isn't how a church behaves.
  8. _You_ Member

churchstatement23nov09p.jpg

churchstatement23nov09pb.jpg
  9. _You_ Member

Gaping logic hole is gaping.
  10. _You_ Member

She's either ignorant about the fact that Paul Schofield's testimony IS evidence, or she's hoping to blind others.
  11. AmandaT21 Member

See, this is just ridiculous. I know they're robots designed to follow orders to the letter and therefore would never stray from the 'always attack, never defend' policy but this just makes them look worse! This is one situation where it'd sound more plausible to defend rather then attack. Accidents happen with children all the time, even in places that are at the height of 'child safety' standards.

Trying to pin it all on Paul just makes them look even more guilty.
  12. _You_ Member

And saying Paul was "a matter of a few metres away" from his daughter is equally as ridiculous. What's that supposed to prove? He was too far away from her to grab her. And he was holding another child anyway. It doesn't sound as though anyone else was near enough to grab her, either. So I guess she wasn't exactly being closely supervised.
  13. BunnySkull Member

The Senator and media reports keep mentioning the deaths of 2 daughter(S). From the father himself on ESMB I only read the story about the one poor daughter, Lauren, who fell in the org. Is there another child? Did he lose 2 children both somehow connected to Scientology's influence? I'm confused. Is there a 2nd daughter, and if so what happened to her?
  14. XenuPhobic Member

Apparently his other daughter died doing the Purif. That one might be even more damning.
  15. _You_ Member

She died after ingesting one of the Purif Vitamins. It happened at Paul's home, I believe. No negligence on the part of the CoS. But they obviously didn't even want their name mentioned.
  16. Etain Member

There was another child; a little 14 month old, if I'm correct. She died after getting a hold of potassium chloride. Here's a bit of info on that from Wikipedia:Potassium chloride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yes. Paul lost two little girl's because of this sick cult. And of course, they adamantly refuse to take even the slightest responsibly and instead lay all blame on him.
  17. _You_ Member

That's Paul, not Simon. And not Paul Simon. :D
  18. _You_ Member

I think we're missing the point here. It doesn't really matter how the girls died (not to sound heartless), but that THE CULT URGED PAUL TO LIE ABOUT IT TO PERVENT A PR FLAP.
    Obstruction of justice, I believe it is.
  19. Etain Member

Thanks for the correction :D
  20. _You_ Member

Horrible accidents do happen, even in evil cults with a poor record of childcare and pseudoscientific nonsense instead of medical treatment.

^^^^THIS
  21. _You_ Member

Yes, this^. I saw a post his wife made on ESMB and she was adamant that the CoS was not to blame for the deaths. I think that arguably the circumstances re Lauren's death suggest some negligence by members of the CoS, but since her mother is on record as saying they're not at fault, I think that is not the main point.
  22. _You_ Member

The deaths of the daughters was not directly due to the CoS, although CoS negligence was a contributing factor. The CoS failed in their duty of care to children as they claimed to be providing child care, and failed to provide accurate information about the potassium chloride used in the Purification Rundown.

The CoS press release appears to shift blame towards the parents and does not address the concerns raised. It does not address how Mr Schofield was pressured into deflecting attention from Scientology's role in the deaths. It is a wholly unsatisfactory and unconvincing response.
  23. JohnnyRUClear Member

Wow. This is, at last, the final revelation of the "fair game"/"dead agent" fangs of the beast. We haven't really seen them lately, but they are coming out now.

This is not going to work, culties. Sane people do not like such tactics, and the whole world is watching now.

Foolhardy strategy is foolhardy.
  24. _You_ Member

We need to spread the word that this press release was issued. Turn it from a foot-pea-shooter into a proper footbullet.
  25. JohnnyRUClear Member

Seems like a job for Paul, in his appearances with the media. It's a rather tasty bit of red meat he can walk in carrying and throw their way for them to savor even after he leaves.
  26. MarlieK Member

No. To the best of my knowledge his daughter was not doing a Purification run down. She simply got ahold of the pills.
  27. Sponge Member

I would be cautious in how I'd respond publically, especially if testimony has been handed to the police for investigation. When confronted with the cult's lies, it must be frustrating and the temptation to reveal ones hand in press releases or online discussion runs high.
  28. _You_ Member

Yeah, "few meters away" doesn't mean he was in the same room, and doesn't mean he wasn't busy doing whatever the hell they were asking him to do to improve his week's stats.