Customize

CoS is flooding the PM's office

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by _You_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

Re: CoS is flooding the PM's office

Just a thought, is it better to use the blanket term "abuses" or pick an individual abuse and highlight it ?

example :

2. _You_ Member

Senator Xenophon is an independent if I remember correctly. What is the party affiliation of the PM in the lower house and can this make a difference? Not trying to piss anyone off as this can be a sensitive subject. Just trying to understand the landscape.
  3. basil Member

If the scifags are 'flooding the PM' with messages, it only goes to show how scared they are.

Presumably nobody's pointed out the obvious to them that if there was one actual OT in the world, none of this would be happening...?
  4. _You_ Member

Please disregard. Just went back and re-read your post.
  5. _You_ Member

Maybe because we DDoS´d his website a few weeks ago during operation digeridie, and told him that his days as pm are numbered?
  6. _You_ Member

Just sent mine.

7. humphrey Member

I think a lot of people got a copy of this, but that's what she said:

Senator Redacted's right there with us
  8. whosit Member

9. _You_ Member

Mr. Prime Minister,

Let me begin by saying up front that I am not an Australian, and I understand if this invalidates my letter to you. I live and have grown in Florida my whole life, and while I have not been a member of the Church of Scientology, while growing up in Miami I was good friends with a young man who was a victim of their abuses. This man was all but orphaned at the age of 17, not because he had no living relatives, but because they were all Scientologists, and when he refused to join their paramilitary Sea Organization at the age of 16, and began to criticize the Church, he was at first imprisoned within their Clearwater facilities, and forced to escape into a life of homelessness and poverty.

When I first met him, he was living out of a barely functioning car, going to night classes as he hadn't received the basic education to qualify for public high school. He was emotionally stunted and traumatized, and no matter how often myself and others offered him a place to stay, he refused simply because he was terrified of being locked away. As terrible as living in his car was, and during hurricane season it was quite bad, he felt that he needed to be able to drive away at a moment's notice.

Frequently he would tell us of being forced to work up to 16 hours a day in Clearwater, renovating the Ft. Harrison Hotel and other manual hard labor. Of having no contact whatsoever with the outside world, of being forced to sleep in a ten by ten room with 8 others. Of only eating the leftovers from the communal meals. And worst of all, when he begged, pleaded and cried to be let free, to have his parents turn their back on him because the Church told them to. Because he dared speak his mind, dared question the Church, dared ask why he was treated so badly.

I knew him for four years before he finally took his own life, leaving a note that said it was the only way he could truly escape the Church of Scientology. And it is for him and his memory, and those who have shared the abuses at the hands of this Church that I beg, and plead with you sir to please go forward with this inquiry. My greatest hope is that by doing so, my own country might follow, and no one will ever have to suffer as that young man did. That no one will ever have to consider suicide as the only way to escape this abusive, criminal cult.

-----

Poon Fired. I recommend everyone who can stick with a personal angle, as that always means much more than regurgitated stats and reports.
  10. EyeOnSci Member

Powerful letter. I think I know the identity of the young man you are referring to.
  11. fisherman Member

Put everything you can into this. We need more people to write!

Still, Consensus offers good council:

Wise Anon is wise!
  12. basil Member

... not forgetting, of course, that every single negative mention and exposure in the media - whether directly seeing it or asked about it by innocent passers-by - chips away at the brainwashing and somewhere, someone blows.

You can stretch and stretch people to make them perform more, but even the most dedicated Scientologist is like the highest quality elastic - it may stretch further than the cheap stuff but it still has a fixed point of failure.

That point of failure, for them, is a point of success for us if they blow and survive.

Of course, there is the risk that some will end up taking their own lives or going down in a Waco or Jonestown style shitstorm - but either way, they are at least free of Scientology.
  13. _You_ Member

Any other key politicians telephone numbers available anywhere?
  14. humphrey Member

Sorry for double-posting that reply. Uh,

There are a lot of really good letters in this thread. I've written three already, for Xenophon, the Senators, and everyone I know, but I will do another for the PM.

I don't mind
  15. Sissy Lala Member

Oh, that's terrific! We may see yet another footbullet soon! Shakespeare sums it up quite well: "The <cult> doth protest too much, methinks."
  16. humphrey Member

poont
  17. _You_ Member

18. JohnnyRUClear Member

Dox or GTFO, asshole.
  19. _You_ Member

20. Kha Khan Member

21. _You_ Member

22. Timmibal Member

Just received a response from my local MP.

I can't tell if this is reserved support or a thinly veiled 'Dox or GTFO' :(
  23. _You_ Member

No its good
  24. _You_ Member

Do it anyway if you already contacted the senators, if only for the chance of watercooler chats - make $cientology something as many government officials as possible think and speak about. If a "lower house member" should happen to really look into $cientlogy because they get curious, they could become as dedicated as any of us to put a stop to the abuses, which means they would try to convince SENATORS to vote for the inquiry. The more the word gets out, the better - so like I said, if you already wrote letters to the senators, send letters to the lower members next.
    There's a saying in Germany: "Forge the iron while it is still hot.". $cientology is a hot topic in Australia right now, so HAMMER AWAY.
  25. Consensus Member

A clever anon might send a generic pro-sci letter to the same MP and see what sort of response it elicits. Of course, you would want to co-ordinate that so there's only one such letter sent, and not many.
  26. anonymous1312 Member

email sent.
  27. _You_ Member

I think it's funny how in every interview, $cientology spokescreatures assure that they welcome an inquiry and will of course colaborate, yet they are obviously doing everything in their power to prevent it from happening. I hope the senators notice this little funny fact as well.
  28. _You_ Member

Could it be a "Please stop this take over of my in-box" ?

and is the Local PM Kevin Rudd ? or there a difference between a local and national PM ?
  29. _You_ Member

local MP means local Minister of Parliament, like your local representative
  30. _You_ Member

It's carefully worded - it supports the PM's concerns about the 'Scientology+Taxation' concerns.

We may see a watered down motion - what party was the senator from? I'm betting Labor.

I hope the Aussies are on this thread!

Allowing, for a moment, that according to OZ law, 'scientology' is a religious organisation (based of the 'beliefs' of the underlings, per 1983) - it is still a criminal organisation - and with regards to tax, the senate should perhaps be considering whether it is appropriate to grant tax breaks to a religious criminal organisation (or a criminal religious organisation)

It may be an idea to split the motion in two -

Just a thought.

(on the basis that if they're found to not be a religious organisation, theylose the tax benifits in anycase)
  31. basil Member

ATTACKS ON SCIENTOLOGY

32. Anonxmous Member

refers to:
  33. _You_ Member

The comment coming from your MP reads well. Positive thoughts.

34. _You_ Member

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2617/capturetyu.jpg
  35. _You_ Member

36. Timmibal Member

He's a local Liberal MP, I e-mailed him basically asking that since the tax exemption issue I brought up with him in Feb 08 has now been brought before the senate, would he pretty please explain to the senators the urgency of the issue.

Also, Considering Ruddkipz's speech in parliament today regarding White Ribbon Day, we might want to call him on his oath, since the allegations against Cof$ include forced abortions.

Seperate thread on WRD.
    White Ribbon Day (Australia) - Poonworthy? - Why We Protest | Activism Forum
  37. Re: CoS is flooding the PM's office

This is vote not going to happen right away. Libs have problems right now with change of leadership - they are all playing musical chairs. It has been hinted that this is going to be delayed (good news is Xeno holds the balance of power so he has them by the balls). That means you have time to write letters. Paper talks and emails walk....

I think you can safely assume that.
    I doubt it. Mark Headley's figure of 10,000 international scilons is still drowned out by the 12 million they claim and is constantly reported by lazy journalists.
    This. Politicians are going to spot the same identical letter sent 200 times.

There isn't a day goes by I don't find something new that horrifies me.
  38. _You_ Member

39. _You_ Member

They said they would cooperate with any police investigation.

In a police investigation, who cares if they promise to cooperate? Their cooperation, consent, approval or permission is not required.

40. T.W.C_Anon Member

Their "fucken faggots" because we all know they will embellish their bawwwing to no end and lie like rugs. But yes your right they do have that right to communicate and look like the idiots they are.