Customize

COS bawww to Australian government

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by firebug, Sep 6, 2009.

1. firebug Member

COS bawww to Australian government

TL;DR
    Cos AU try to get law changes because of Anonymous

Recommendation 1: The implementation of Criminal and Civil Restrictions on Religious Vilification.

Recommendation 2: Restriction on Anonymity on acts of Religious
    Vilification:

2.1 Websites created with primary purpose of inciting religious vilification shall be removed or their access to the Australian public restricted.

2.2 Creators of websites whose primary purpose is the incitement of religious vilification shall be prevented from concealing their identity.

Recommendation 3: Restriction on Religious Misinformation and
    Misrepresentation known or reasonably known to be untruthful in the Media

Recommendation 4: Include a form of Bill or Charter of Rights into the Australian Constitution, which prevents the Commonwealth from making any law, which ‘directly, indirectly or incidentally’ prohibits the free exercise of religion to the extent of such prohibition

http://www.hreoc.gov.au/frb/submissions/Sub1931.Church_of_Scientology.doc

2. PagAnon Member

Re: COS bawww to Australian government

Hey Scientology! FUCK YOU! :D
  3. Anonymous Member

Meh, Nick Xenophon will be interested, considering he has already instigated the AU clams to bombard all Government departments with F.O.I requests about all DOX referring to scientology in Australia.

Scientology fraud - Today Tonight

4. Zhent Member

LOL

Just.... wow.

Kinda stunned at the moment from the sheer audacity of this facepalmery footbulleting faggotry.

Once I recover from the laughing and calm down I think I might be writing a rather long and serious letter to combat every ridiculous point they have made.

Edit: After checking out the website a better approach might be to file our own human rights complaint against CoS.
  5. Anonynamefag Member

It truly amazes me how the cult thinks they are persecuted so badly. They're worst than furries.

To every other religious community, Religious Freedom means the right not to be beaten up by Skinheads or blown up by terrorists looking for 72 virgins. To Scifags, religious freedom means the freedom to do whatever the fuck Scientology wants, illegal or not, and whenever the government raises an eyebrow or a journalist asks a tough question, the right to cry "HATE CRIME HATE CRIME BAAAAWWWW", and to get that person arrested or sued.

It baffles me how hypocritical and narcissistic the cult can be.
  6. Erra Member

Aussiefags need to write up a proposal against Scientology NOW! As well as a response to this one.

Two can play at this game
  7. Anonymous Member

If this DOES go ahead, this will be a footnuke of epic proportions for Scientology.

Scientology hasn't backed up ANY of those claims. NOT ONE. ZILCH. FUCK ALL!
    And I'm sure if this does go further, the Australian government will find the evidence that the Anonymous hate group video was made by Scientologists.

Just try it, Scifags. I dare you.
  8. Anonynamefag Member

They don't seem to realize that Tone 40 doesn't apply to letters.
  9. Anonymous Member

Saw the date? Maybe some of the new ex-$cientologists from Austalia at ESMB can shed some light on this?

10. Anonymous Member

If this DOES go ahead, this will be a footnuke of epic proportions for Scientology.

Scientology hasn't backed up ANY of those claims. NOT ONE. ZILCH. FUCK ALL!
    And I'm sure if this does go further, the Australian government will find the evidence that the Anonymous hate group video was made by Scientologists.

Just try it, Scifags. I dare you.
  11. Re: COS bawww to Australian government

Wow, you Aussies sure are getting a lot of shit thrown at you. Your global /b/rothers are behind you all the way, so kick some ass for us.

Oh, also,

[IMG]
  12. ryangiggs Member

I read the first few paragraphs but had to stop there.
    Incredible! just incredible!
    0_o
  13. stuwyatt Member

Incredible. I'm speechless, but not very surprised.....
  14. Anonymous Member

“We are an elite Anonymous. On the 13th of March 2008… one 5 kilogram pack of nitroglycerin will detonate in the Churches of Scientology across the United States of America… This will be the world’s biggest terrorist attack on a religion. Lives will be lost….A separate personal attack on [the President of the Church] will be launched on the 13th of March 2008 at an undisclosed time. His execution along with the deaths of other countless Scientologists will strike fear into the hearts of every member of this cult.”

This has been addressed in this video as Scientology being the likely culprit. This video has actually been taken down in its original channel and here is a mirror explaining the situation:

YouTube - Scientology proof of made up threats
  15. DeathHamster Member

16. Anonymous Member

Separation of 'church' and State, please. Now!
  17. Ogsonofgroo Member

Took the words right outta...........

Good Gravey.

*sigh*
  18. Optimisticate Member

2.2 should apply to them and their layers of deceit behind websites cloaked to hide their scientology links, such as the libelous religiousfreedomwatch.

On the other hand, I wonder how much is being spent on legal bills in the US, France and Australia right now?

Also, February 20, 2009:

19. Anonymous Member

They start off saying how they have "always" supported religious tolerance.

Okay, fine. Then any scifag who is about to leave CO$ should simply state they are now a Christian or Buddhist or whatever and they simply want CO$ to respect their decision to change religions.

Then when the hateful, slandering SP Declare comes out and the disconnection is applied......
  20. Anonymous Member

Xenophon {giggle}
  21. Timmibal Member

Apologies in advance for the tinfoil, but if the filter goes ahead, ruddkipz can just add WWP et al to the blacklist without ever actually having to approve that $cifag legal arserag.

No, the culties didn't see the filter as the mother of all silver fucking linings, not at all. It's all for the children! WWP HAS PENISES ON IT! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
  22. Anonymous Member

Only in Thunderdome.

PS: post yours too
  23. Anonymous Member

Erm... what are they then? Cult needs to learn to English.
  24. Sponge Member

Why do some of you religious (or pseudo-religious) gobshites out there in moonbat land think you should have special laws just for yourselves?
    If, for example, you are one of that very vocal minority and you want to tell me in the name of your tax-exempt belief to shut up and that I'm going to wind up in some sort of "hell" for not being like you then, when I've stopped laughing, I want to be free and able tell you why I think that your religious dogma is shit and how much your church sucks...... loudly, publically, in great detail, and, if required, anonymously (with or without Rick Astley)? Fair deal?

Organised religion already gets too much undeserved reverence handed to it as it is. Fight for your wacko beliefs fairly, if you think they are specifically under grave threat from the eevil bigots and if it is still worth anything to you, using the same rights and freedoms afforded to all instead trying to rig the game. Just remember that the non-believers are already forced to supplement your church with the taxes that it doesn't pay. Largely, governments already leave you alone to do your own thing, but don't expect the individual not to give a fuck when he/she sees something wrong. You whining ungrateful little pussies.

Get one thing straight though. There is a big difference between religion or religious beliefs and the organisation or "church" of that religion - which is run by fallible humans, not untouchable omnipresent gods, spirits, pink spangly moonbats or whateverthefucknobodyelsecaresabout. If such a fallible person or persons within that church's management wanted to reduce the chances of their wrongdoing from being brought to light, especially if large sums of scammed income were at stake or risk criminal prosecution, then they would probably propose such ridiculous broad swathing demands precisely as outlined in the OP.

If it is the policies of your church that are attracting attention from protesters then look inward and find out why, and fix it, rather than assuming you are perfect and better than everyone else by default. If those questionable policies are inextricably tied to your "unquestionable" religious dogma then that's tough shit and you are ultimately destined to fail by design as the rest of the world moves on.
    Supressing internal dissent ultimately makes you fragile and weaker in the long run, not stronger. Trying to project that supression into the outside world, as they seem to be doing now, has historically always been full of fail.

More specifically in terms of the scientology scam, the critic movement knows more about their "religious" doctrine and sordid history than almost all of scientology's members do. It is those minions who know least about scientology who are the ones that are on the front line at the orgs and out in public facing criticism in real life every day. They are the gold panners, the current and potential bread'n'butter. They are the essential wide bottom tier of a very tall but very fragile cult infrastructure. The mother cult is very frightened of this and it very badly needs you to shut the fuck up so it can go on bilking people.
    b8s6xw.jpg

Here endeth this sunday sermon. Let us fap and pray to the Lard for he is the one who fryeth our beloved bacon.
  25. OHSHI Member

26. Anonymous Member

This post warms my heart (sometimes I despair that yet another Dark Age is upon us.) There shouldn't even be such a thing as "Freedom of religion," as the "Freedom of thought" principle already covers all the bases. Then it would follow that there is no rationale to give "religious thinking" better treatment than any other "thinking."
  27. Anonymous Member

Here is my support for Scientology in Australia.

In 1982 or 1983 I was wandering down a street in central Sydney, minding my own business and enjoying the day, when a young man accosted me, breaking up the pleasant moment, and invited me to spend an hour or two answering 200 crazy questions. Having studied psychology at advanced level I realised this was a meaningless exercise and could work out without much difficulty where it was leading. Sure enough, after an interval, he returned with the bad news. I was, according to him, a hopeless misfit in society. I left the org laughing but realised that many vulnerable people would believe him.

In the past 20-odd years Scientology has not changed its tactics or its goals. In July this same organisation was deemed, by the French State Prosecutor, to be a criminal organisation (like the Mafia). He recommended that it be banned in France. Whether or not this is approved by the French judiciary (in October) is more a political than a factual judgment. The evidence is conclusive: Scientology IS a criminal organisation.

This is true, not only in France but wherever it turns up like a cancer on the social body. It does not change and cannot change as its way of working was established once and for all by L.Ron Hubbard in the 1950s.

As a criminal organisation it can hardly claim, at the same time, to be a bona fide religion and entitled to any special treatment as such.
  28. A.Non Hubbard Member

To other religious communities religious freedom means the right to not be detained and be persecuted. To Scientology, religious freedom means the right to detain and persecute.

I don't know how many here have read Introduction to Scientology Ethics, but Ethics are applied to everyone, Scientologist or not. KRs are written about you by normal Scientologists. No need for OSA to even be involved. All it takes is a normal Scientologist in a shitty ethics condition to sort through your trash to get into a better light with the group. This is a Scientology "ecclessiastical" practice, done in the name of devotion to a manufactured religion-product.

Combine this demand for an entire in-Ethics planet with what Hubbard said in -- that an advancement of human rights is a ploy to advance Scientology -- and it all fits into place. If you're a politician and you get this letter, and you know all the foregoing, you know you have on your hands a dangerous set of motherfuckers that want you as their stooge.

Scientology has, written right into its DNA, worldwide domination. It isn't a religion as it is advertised; it is a genius plot by an extremely ill man to use a series of unsuspecting dupes duping unsuspecting dupes until it is too large to handle once noticed.

This plan benefits no one but Scientology and is written vaguely enough to sound like it benefits everyone. Cocks to it.
  29. timthephoto Member

where exactly would one fire a harpoon?
  30. Dylar Member

I think this thread turned into rant on/against religion(s) and in the process everyone forgot that Scientology is not a religion or a church anyore than I am a walrus.
  31. Anonymous Member

Dylar: one post defining a few non-religious aspects of CoS is not a rant. Go away.
  32. Anonymous Member

How about harpoons to the EFF?
  33. Anonymous Member

Australian Legal and Government Opinions on Scientology

I have no problem qualifying Scientology as a religion -- it does have a lot of the hallmarks of a religion.

See the good side: This allows to label their "Fair Game," "Disconnection," "Hard Sell," "Supressive Person," etc. doctrines as "scriptures," or in other words, incontrovertible teachings of Scientology. This allows you to expose their "secular" fronts as deceitful front organizations used to subversively promote the Scientology religion, and the pressure to undergo Scientology courses in the workplace as religious discrimination.

Even so, the IRS's special tax-exemption regarding Scientology needs to be rescinded, even if Scientology is a religion, simply because it favors Scientology at the expense of other religions. Now, I actually wishes the IRS would just simply get rid of the concept of "church," and simply threat religious organizations as any other non-profit organizations.
  34. Anonymous Member

needs moar coo coo ca choo
  35. Terril Member

For more than a year I've been suggesting that the protesters
    have better relations with Freezoners. All those I've met at protests have
    been very friendly to me. There has been a small minority who just like to
    bash the FZ and me, particularly on Enturb org.

Here now is an opportunity. The australian government should be
    informed that the COS institutionally practices religious discrimination
    againt the Protestant Freezone religion, has picketed our conferences
    and has at least one anon website attacking us. Then there are the
    visits by OSA! The ten year legal attack on David mayo, and much more.

This is the greatest untold story re the COS.

Anyone who's serious about forwarding this may contact me at
    basic2basic@yahoo.com
  36. Anonymous Member

Nothing keeping YOU, Terril, and other batshit insane "free" zoners for making it known.

P.s. Enturb dot org left with LE.
  37. Anonynamefag Member

Does the EFF have any lawyers in Australia?
  38. Anonymous Member

Why? After all, the Freezoners are just a bunch of rather stupid Culties who have given all their money to the Cult and are now broke.

If any of them actually had money, they'd still be in the Cult.

And despite being stupid and broke, they still believe the Hubbard bullshit!!!!!
  39. Anonymous Member

Is it me, or does "Terril" sound like "Terryeo"?
  40. Sponge Member

It depends on where you are and what you are trying to do with your religion/pseudo-religion/cult/business/scam.

Even some scientology critics do say it is a religion, fulfulling all the basic requirements of a belief system. Whether it is an "after the fact" religion/belief system scammed up by Hubbard as a dianetics cloaking device or not, it apparently matters not.

However in this case, in Australia, since the High Court unanimously recognized scientology as a religion back in 1983, all arguments in this thread will have to assume that cringeworthy fact.

Most of the calmer voices and perhaps even some of not so calm voices amongst mainstream religions would most likely find Scientolgy's demands as laughable and a backward step. The cult asking for the moon on a stick just isn't going to happen.