Customize

Consumer protection dox thread

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by tinfoilhatter, Mar 18, 2014.

1. tinfoilhatter Member

During my research into various things, i often stumble upon some nice legal dox explaining some of the consumer protection laws in the United States. I have decided to start an info dump thread here because of the difficult nature of trying to get refunds from $cientology. Keep in mind that some of these are relatively new laws, and therefore TRUMP scilon anti-refund tech.

I have put this thread in the think tank for AvS, though it can probably go anywhere. Please feel free to add dox or use it for any research projects.

I will try to add assessments of the articles to make them easier to understand, but keep in mind i am not a lawyer.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tinfoilhatter Member

http://www.pstcc.edu/departments/lat/classes/2300/notes/chap23.htm

Above article discusses use of promissory notes written by consumers in regards to holder in due course.

This is important because of the highly expensive charges that Scientology charges its "parishioners". The above article dictates consumer protections given by the FTC to protect consumers from fraud when dealing with creditors and promissory notes.
    • Like Like x 1