Customize

Connection between scinos and tv show "So You Think You Can Dance"?

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by shamisasham, Jul 2, 2009.

1. auchraw Member

Re: Connection between scinos and tv show "So You Think You Can Dance"?

To come back to this, the new Scientology advertising campaign is well done, professional, persuasive. But a lot of people will turn to the Web for more information and will end up here.

Let's make sure we are ready for them and turn this into a major WIN.
  2. fitch2000 Member

3. Anon Char Member

Re: blatant connection between scinos and tv show so you thinkyou can dance

4. chrisanon Member

auchraw, you're probably right to be optimistic about the effect of these ads, but I'm more concerned than optimistic.

Too many kids don't have parents. This kid was interested in Scn, and his dad checked it out. Now Dad's here and, WELCOME! concerned dad. I wish more parents were like you.

What about the kid whose single dad is working 2 jobs and spending half his nights at his girlfriend's house? That's the kid the Scilons are targeting, that's the kid who'll call the number before checking Scn out online. There are still plenty of people who don't have computers at home, anyway.

BTW, there's evidence Nicole Kidman is the reason Tommy Boy was out of Scn in the 90s. BFG has talked about this in a couple of interviews. So she wasn't a win for them.
  5. auchraw Member

Re NK I believe this is true. DM or someone orchestrated the whole thing. She went back to being a Catholic.

So what can we do about Scientology's adverts? I started two or three threads and none of them survived. What is the use to them of a penniless ado whose parents are largely absent?

I'm not optimistic and I don't see WWP treating this topic as it deserves.
  6. fitch2000 Member

I would give my....well nothing but if we could have ads running directly after theirs telling the truth would be the lulziest.

I saw one of their ads on a website that said "find out who you are" or some such. And my only thought was is it OT 7 or 8 where you "find out who you're not?"

But on a serious note, I have no idea on what to do about their ads. Just keep on making people aware the best we can I guess.
  7. chrisanon Member

Oh, okay. I thought you thought these ads wouldn't do any damage.

ITA with you that threads about these ads are not surviving the way they should here. It's a very important issue.

Remember the "Glof Channel" thread? Did anything come of the phone calls some of us made? DO you think it's worthwhile to try calling the station or the cable company anytime we see an ad?

Should we try getting stations to air some of our videos as PSAs? We've certainly got enough vids, and a lot of them are terrific and pretty much ready for broadcast.

I'm just throwing out ideas here, and would be happy to get other people's thoughts.

I don't watch much TV, but if people post the station name whenever they see an ad I'll be happy to call and complain about it.

Maybe that's a first step?
  8. auchraw Member

Sometimes I change my mind. I can even believe two conflicting things at once. I think or at least hope these ads are a waste of money but they are more professional than previous ads and potentially more dangerous. We don't want them to draw a single person into the fraud but we can't cover all the bases.

And I don't live in the US so I can avoid looking at them which is just as well as I don't like getting violent.

Why don't we advertise for wealthy sponsors to pay for antiadverts? The idea that all Anons are penniless kids is very far from the mark. There are probably many wealthy middle-aged critics who are capable of sponsoring an advertising campaign on American TV. We have truth on our side which ought to help.
  9. Anonymous Member

I concur with the above.

And there is a further point here that seems to keep getting overlooked and that is what fitch has been saying- What is Nigel Lythgoe's association with Scientology?

He was/is going out with Priscilla Presley.
    He is seen going into the Celebrity Center on June 5th
    He puts Katie Holmes with no discernible dance experience on his show.

Now, this is not conclusive of anything, but certainly is worthy of further investigation and concern. This man is not only the producer of this show, but also American Idol. He represents potentially milllions to them, and conseuqently millions that could prop up this dying elephant of a cult.
  10. Anonymous Member

While I agree that this does bear further watching you have to admit that Scientology is still a powerful force in Hollywood and entertainment in general and that a producer of a show might just be showing up to court celebs - without himself being a scientologist. Also Pricilla Presley is still a MILF and he might have just been dipping his wick.
  11. Anonymous Member

I agree. Could be, but I am continuing to further look at that connection.

And Priscilla Presley used to be a MILF before she od'ed on pastic surgery just like MJ. Now she looks like the corpse bride.
  12. Anonymous Member

I'd still stick it.

YouTube - naked-gun-nice-beaver
  13. fitch2000 Member

Like I always say, men will **** anything. Looking at her face makes my friggin skin crawl.

I wonder if anyone has asked him if he is a scilon or has given them $ for anything. Prolly wouldn't be politically correct tho, huh?

Maybe she is his beard...Enquiring minds wanna know.
  14. Herro Member

Complaining about the ads is really the only feasible thing to do in terms of actually contacting the stations. The only problem with that is that they aren't likely to care what a handful of people think about their ads. Chanology simply doesn't have nearly the numbers needed to threaten the ratings, and thus the advertising dollars comming into those stations.

As for PSA's, the videos associated with Chanology are highly biased and have a clear agenda- they don't really work as PSAs. They'd basically have to be put on like other ads which means paying money.

If scientology is still a powerful force in Hollywood, how come they can't seem to get any of their celebrities into decent movie roles?
  15. Re: Connection between scinos and tv show "So You Think You Can Dance"?

^this.

$cientology is a one way ticket to the b-list or shitty tv show auditions. Will Smith is even feeling the heat because of his connections to Co$.
  16. Anonymous Member

touche. Was?

Although we got crazy "did you rape a baby" Elfman coming out with a new show this fall. Tom's in talks about MI IV (LOL) and Katie (I miss your tits) Holmes is filming a new movie.
  17. Re: Connection between scinos and tv show "So You Think You Can Dance"?

How fitting that they hired a dizzy dame to head up an organization called "Dizzy Feet".
  18. fitch2000 Member

19. Herro Member

Yes. Whenever anybody comes within 50 feet of Tom Cruise it means that they are converting to scientology.
  20. fitch2000 Member

how about within 5 ft. I think that's about how close they actually were but w/e
  21. Cudgel Member

What's the punchline from that old joke? Oh, yeah. "Paper bag, paper bag, paper bag"
  22. Re: Connection between scinos and tv show "So You Think You Can Dance"?

Tom cant help it th his AWSOME OT powers people just convert in his presence!
  23. DeathHamster Member

You're overlooking that Scientologists have testified in court that one SP can terrify them with their mere presence. As long as even one SP is within miles of Tom, his super OT powars are nullified.
  24. Herro Member

Within 5ft? That means they're ultra super mega scientologists.
  25. WileyCoyote Member

I really don't normally watch "So You Think You Can Dance", but man... I AM so glad I did tonight.

I haven't laughed this hard in YEARS.

The answer to the question in regards to Katie The Robot is... "she may THINK she can dance (and sing), but all she can really do is weird leg stretches and strut, while lipsynching!".

Oh Katie. In your little world I bet nobody even dared tell you how badly you sucked. With MASSIVE editing and lipsynching, the singing was passable (if noticeably faked) but the faux-Liza Minelli act? You will NEVER live this down. EVER.
  26. LocalSP Member

Mighty poor lip syncing at that.
  27. WileyCoyote Member

Well, we have cause to celebrate. This has to be the final nail in the coffin of anyone EVER taking Katiebot seriously in ANYTHING again.

Strut strut strut. Leg stretch. Leg stretch the other way. Strut strut strut. Tip hat. Leg stretch. Strut. Furrow brow while figuring out if you are lipsyncing correctly. Strut strut strut. Leg stretch. Climb on top of gay guys. Leg stretch. Director yells "CUT, DO THAT AGAIN! TAKE 93!". Etc.
  28. WileyCoyote Member

Producer of show acts butthurt. Acts like wailing idiot because people are DARING to complain about Katie sucking, when apparently he and the show have been hyping her performance as "incredible" and "historic" for months.

http://twitter.com/Dizzyfeet

Comments include:

Annoying British dude... if you have a Scientology Robot Wife perform on your show, and you spend MONTHS hyping it as the best thing since Tea and Crumpets, then be a frickin' MAN and take your lumps in that Tea when she turns out to SUCK and people hate it.

This was on tape, dude. You've known for MONTHS that she sucked and you lied about it to viewers anyway. And its not JUST that she lipsynched, its that she a.) did it badly b.) didn't actually dance hard enough to NEED to lipsynch. All she did was shuffle around the stage and stick her leg out occasionally.

Stupid annoying British dude. Trying to pull the wool over our eyes just because they begged you to let Katie do this.
  29. pedrofcuk Member

Yahrlys avatar is Victoria Beckham going to the kitchen in the middle of the night for an egg cup half full of water...
  30. Sponge Member

Oh my. LOL.

31. Re: Connection between scinos and tv show "So You Think You Can Dance"?

32. auchraw Member

0/10
  33. another123 Member

Maybe they were just playing the wrong song. She seems fine dancing to MC Lars. And the outfits are just missing the masks...lol

34. Enturbulette Member

I was disturbed to see Scino screamer Jenna Elfman judging last night's SYTYCD, and Cat Deeley beaming and making so much of it. They also took pains to explain Elfman's dance background - she won a ballet scholarship I guess as a kid - as though they knew people might ask, "Why Jenny Elfman?".
    Former judge and regular Adam Shankman was in the audience and picked up by the camera - who featured Tom Cruise in his movie Rock of Ages. Nigel dated Priscella Presley and may still be, and he also put Katie Holmes on his dance foundation Dizzy Feet when she was prominently in the cult and married to Cruise. Strangely, after Katie was out, she abruptly cancelled her first public appearance which was to be at a Dizzy Feet gala fundraiser. Why? Was she no longer SYTYCD Scino stamped aokay approved propaganda material? It makes you wonder.

Last night Cat Deeley said that after "campaigning" to get her on, she was so happy to have Jenna on the show as a judge. It sounded as though they expected her to be on again as well.

I don't like even the whiff of the idea that Scinos may be sniffing around all these young hopeful and future stars of Broadway, dance, stage, music and etc... I don't like it at all, at all. As dancers, they've spent their lives in studios, and not so much of it exposed to education and real life experience. They spend most of their hours in studios practicing and a lot of their life in a bubble. Certainly less time online than the average young person - and that's not likely spent researching things like cults. They would be extremely vulnerable to Scientology recruitment, especially if it could offer them gigs in musicals and entertainment.

Not only that but the show reaches millions and millions of people, young and old - somewhere in this thread it was reported that Scino ads were being aired during the program. I watch commercial free so I can't confirm this.

I want SYTYCD to be Scientology Free please. Any thoughts?
  35. Enturbulette Member

36. Anonymous Member

37. Anonymous Member

Stupid show is stupid. Let it die under the weight of its own fail.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  38. Enturbulette Member

Fail comment is fail. The show is one of the highest rated on television reaching 3.75 million, with no signs of stopping. Meaning a wide reach for Scino pr efforts. A lot more people watch it than know anything about Remini's defection.
    • Like Like x 1