Customize

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the anti, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the anti Member

2. Second Amendment Remedy?

Sounds more like Domestic Terrorism to me.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. new guy Member

There are conflicting reports that she is still alive.
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

There are also questions about the motive: political or not.
  5. the anti Member

still more info coming in. I just believe this might have been done by some nutjob that decided to take things a little to far. also this

259bqco.jpg.png
  6. mongrel Member

Sauce on this image?

7. the anti Member

8. WMAnon Member

not dead
  9. mongrel Member

10. anonymous9 Member

11. Miranda Member

This has gone way too far for way too long. Sarah Palin and anyone else who "cutely hinted" at assassination should be held accountable by law enforcement for their remarks.

Edit: I've clarified this remark in later posts. I didn't mean Palin should be charged with murder. I do think politicians have some responsibility not to provoke or rile up the masses in the direction of violence. Palin and others have been (I'll use the forbidden word) disingenuous about this.
  12. the anti Member

13. eddieVroom Member

We have a "manifesto":

Looks like his myspace page got dissapeared. Any mirrors?
  14. Miranda Member

I've edited my post because I realized it might have sounded like a call for vigilante action--the last thing I'd suggest. I'd like people who goad others toward violent acts to be prosecuted and held legally responsible for the consequences of "crying fire in a theater."
  15. anonymous9 Member

16. RightOn Member

^^^^
    looks like we need a title change
    Thankfully she is still alive.
    Although the news said a nine year old was killed. Very Sad
  17. parvent Member

18. COREarg Member

Excuse my LATIN AMERICAN knowledge, but what is exactly the second amendment? :S
  19. Miranda Member

The right to bear arms.
  20. the anti Member

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
  21. The right to arm bears.
  22. andonanon Member

23. anonymous9 Member

Lest we forget:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/16/sharron-angle-floated-2nd_n_614003.html

*Thanks xemu she was defeated*
  24. LRonAnon Member

Yeah, nice stretch there: Sarah Palin did it with a picture. I think he was just an 'enlightened" nihilist hipster who has discovered schizo, age appropriately.

killerleftwing2.png

killerleftwing.png

http://twitter.com/caitieparker

Because flag burning is really TEA Party, right LMAO!
  25. ziptang Member

This shooting as NOTHING to do with the Right, Tea Party, Sarah Palin, or anything else political. This is the work of a batshit crazy fucktard. His screed is incomprehensible, as are his YouTube vids.

Don't even call this a 'tragedy'. It is not. Titanic was a tragedy, this is mass murder.

My wife works in psych. Her diagnosis, Psychosis.
  26. DeathHamster Member

Wut?
  27. ziptang Member

Mass murder. As in a number of dead people.
  28. Ersatz Global Moderator

S
    Just to be certain I understand your point here, what is the body count required for it to be labled a tragedy?
  29. LRonAnon Member

Agreed, he is right there age wise.

What is missing in all the moonbattery of hatred in this thread is that: a 9 year old girl and 4 others were killed.

That is a tragedy and for that I am saddened (on both counts).
    • Like Like x 1
  30. DeathHamster Member

31. ziptang Member

My point is that accidents are tragedy, violent crimes are not.
  32. ziptang Member

33. Ersatz Global Moderator

Oh, glad you cleared that up for me. Not sure where you live but in my world when a nine year old child is shot it is a tragedy.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. This is a semantics debate not a who has bigger grief penis debate.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Miranda Member

Incendiary pro-assassination rhetoric certainly DOES play a part in tipping unstable people over the edge. Get past politics here--Palin's target map, Glen Beck's constant veiled references, Sharron Angle's crazy threats--It Has An Effect. If they are going to talk that way, they should step up and take responsibility for the consequences.
    • Like Like x 2
  36. ffall29 Member

So, nothing about his focus on English literacy in his Congressional district (which borders on Mexico and where immigration issues are extremely hot politically) or on creating a new currency (an interest shared by this tea partier) has anything to do with politics? He was not responding to anything in his environment at all?

I would be snarky, but I'll just say that you're a fucking idiot (and so is your wife for offering an amateur diagnosis based on "working in psych.")
  37. ziptang Member

Where I live it's called murder, and the person who did it is a murderer, in this case several times over. I want justice and pretty damn quick. I'm not really into handwringing.
  38. ziptang Member

Thanks for your input.
  39. Ersatz Global Moderator

The point. You missed it.

I am frequently annoyed by sweeping generalizations that are stated as fact when they are merely opinion. But thanks for your useless 2 cents. They are duly noted.
  40. ziptang Member

From the shooter:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.