Customize

Congress Decides To Ignore Privacy Concerns, Refuses To Even Consider Key CISPA Amendments

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by LastOneStanding, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Let's fuck these fuckers who are fucking us at every turn.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Etain Member

Bastards... this will not stand up in the Supreme Court.
  4. Herro Member

That's probably just going to wind up making this bill harder to pass. I don't get it.
  5. Anonymous Member

Because the Supreme Court is always known for reason and sanity.

So let's just sit around doing nothing and wait for this to take care of itself.
  6. 00anon00 Member

7. 00anon00 Member

8. 00anon00 Member

The House is made of snapping, drooling chihuauas. Maybe the Senate can think.
  9. Anonymous Member

fify.

Leaving it for Obama to work out a compromise between the snapping and drooling factions.
  10. Anonymous Member

Hmm... in an election year, Obama might actually do something that favors The People.
    Too much for me to hope for... but stranger things have happened.
  11. You're probably right, but this just works to illustrate who much the "peoples" government gives a fuck about the people.
  12. cafanon Member

This thread is giving me NDAA deja vu... "that'll never get passed"...."Surely the Whitehouse will veto it"

As for the Supreme Court....we are talking about the same Supreme Court that ruled that money is speech and is therefore protected by the first amendment... a bastion of reason
  13. Anonymous Member

Sheeit, I've been saying a new revolution's been due since 1984. Things is, you have types like Obama teaching Consitutional law, who probably leave out mention of what it calls for in the event of a government which against against the will of The People.
  14. Clever Name Member

Cispa approved by House but critics urge Senate to block 'horrible' bill

more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/27/cispa-house-senate-bill?newsfeed=true
  15. Herro Member

Meh, people really underestimate the impact of public opinion on public policy these days.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Maybe, or maybe its just that the people that really understand whats going on lost faith in the masses.
    I don't know....
  17. Herro Member

It's more that the people who think they really understand what's going on ignore the role that the masses play.
  18. Clever Name Member

Interesting. Care to expand on this?
  19. Anonymous Member

I know what's going on.
  20. Anonymous Member

Sure: FACEBOOK, of all people, are lobbying hard FOR this bill to pass.
    Why?
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

To fuck you up, it's (too much ?) obvious.
  22. adhocrat Member

Rather than leaving the social aspects to society, government tries to take them over. The people who run the government don't trust us to live our own lives. They use that to justify passing ever more onerous laws covering ever more expanding realms of our lives. "Well, they are too stupid to do the right thing so will make them do right."

The micromanaging will continue until morale improves there are no choices left

"Whatever is not allowed is forbidden" is the end result
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Well, yeah
    What Zuckerberg's fucking problem?

Meanwhile, I continue to refuse to use it.
  24. adhocrat Member

This is typical behavior. Once a corporation is big enough, it becomes a target for politicians. The business can either play footsies or get noisily investigated. All this ensures nice campaign contributions from the corporations, which then get to exclude new start up with onerous business regulations designed solely and only to exclude new competitors from getting a toehold in the business.
    see: Standard Oil, AT&T, IBM, Microsoft and many others.
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Thank you, without this answer I would never have known that FACEBOOK is the root of all evil. Unfortunately this answer doesn't answer the question I asked.
  26. Anonymous Member

And your question was what?
  27. Clever Name Member

No.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

No, that would be Texas.
  29. Anonymous Member

30. Anonymous Member

31. I suppose, but me personally, I have no faith in the intelligence of the masses so.... you know. :|
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

I have more faith in the masses, who are perhaps not the brightest, but at least honest; than the highly-educated assholes who decide on the behalf of the People how their money is to be spent. Look what they've done, so far...
    • Like Like x 1
  33. moarxenu Member

Encyclopedia Dramatica FTW!!!

http://encyclopediadramatica.se/CISPA

CISPA

This page contains spoilers — important plot secrets and/or conclusions may be revealed. For example,
    HOLY SHIT THE THING ACTUALLY PASSED IN THE HOUSE, WITH NEW PROVISIONS!!!1!!1! CALL YOUR SENATOR NOW OR WE'RE ALL FUCKED!1!!!!
    Do you hate internet freedom? Are you pissed SOPA got shot down by those hipsters? Good news! The American government has just the thing for you! CISPA (also known as H.R. 3523, The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, and SOPA MK II Electric Boogaloo) is the newest great idea shat out by the man in Washington currently awaiting approval in the House Senate.
    Contents
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

CISPA = End of Internet Privacy? Alyona Minkovski

Published on May 1, 2012 by MidweekPolitics

Alyona Minkovski, host of RT's The Alyona Show, joins us to discuss CISPA, the Cyber Information Sharing and Protection Act, and its privacy implications.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Herro Member

Mmmmmm, I'm totally cool with Putin propaganda if it's coming out of her mouth. Rawr.
  36. Anonymous Member

Skank. (you, not her.)
  37. Herro Member

I'm ok with that.
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

Millions of GoDaddy sites go offline

Published on Sep 10, 2012 by RTAmerica

The largest domain registrar on the Internet - GoDaddy.com - was taken offline on Monday, shutting down thousands and potentially million of users from websites hosted on affected servers. On Twitter, a person who claims to be affiliated with the loose-knit Anonymous collective has taken credit for the attack, saying the action was necessary to test cyber security. RT web producer Andrew Blake breaks it down.

www.godaddy.com is back up.

Taking credit: www.twitter.com/AnonymousOwn3r

News updates: www.google.com/news?ncl=dvzC0MpxbwRlWwM6FD2ob7TQD_gnM

Twitter updates: www.twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/GoDaddy

There's a new thread about this, here:

http://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/anonymous-godaddy.105059/
    • Like Like x 1