Customize

Concerning the youfoundthecard.com cards

Discussion in 'Fliers & Pamphlets' started by everanonymous, Feb 12, 2008.

1. a non-anon Member

Re: Concerning the youfoundthecard.com cards

A small note, but I like "What do you do now" as opposed to "What will you do now", for some odd reason.

That's all, keep up the good work.
  2. gs37 Member

I really like this campaign for exposing scientology. It's easy for us to distribute, and easy for the finder to look up. I just wish that the website was laid out better. IMO the "Un-Funny Truth About Scientology" video should be the first thing on the page, and then a quick synopsis of the CoS's crimes/lies. That would be much simpler than the current website. While I do appreciate the work that went into the current site, I hope that a simpler, more condensed site will be present by 3/15. What do you guys think? Does the site creator visit this forum?
  3. its.an0nym0us Member

This specific subforum, and even thread, concerns protest media.
    Please go here to leave a message for the forum admins: http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewforum.php?f=8&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=0
  4. Anonymous021 Member

5. everanonymous Member

6. AnneOminous Member

put that on a card and distribute it around engineering, computer science, programming, architecture, library buildings and computer labs, and around any public computer terminals.
  7. Re:

THIS is lulzworthy.
  8. Archaeus Member

Front and back sides. Lots of info in a small space. Let me know what you think.
  9. ProBo Member

made this real quick,going around my campus tommarow. The simpler, the better.[attachment=0:1fy9r0do]card.jpg[/attachment:1fy9r0do]
    Like others i have seen, slightly modified
  10. Legione Member

An idea for places to put them i didnt see - price tags at grocery stores. They have little plastic clips that they put the prices on, slipping one in there is simple. People will see it easily, and grab it - its rather odd. When you ride a bus, leave it on your seat. If you go to a public laundromat, put one or two or five in the coin-slots for the machines. You can also, if its not too windy, scotch tape one to a bus stop bench or something similar, like parks.
  11. 00anonyMiss00 Member

Other placement ideas:

On top of phones in indoor phone booths (like malls, etc).
    In popular common areas at local colleges/universities.
    In the slot your soda/snack falls into at a vending machine.
    On Starbucks (and other coffee shops where people tend to linger) tables.
    In internet cafes/libraries next to the PC terminals.
    In produce bins at the grocery, under a couple of apples/oranges/etc (just not on the veggie areas that are watered).

Basically anywhere you go, you can probably find a few places to drop them where they are pretty sure to be found. HAVE FUN!!! I'm really looking forward to distributing a couple hundred in the coming days!
  12. anmoyunos Member

Geocaches

And tabloids with Kirstie Alley on the cover.
  13. MaskedPenis Member

Man, I'll be putting cards so many places, I'll be crappin' em.

Protip: Look everywhere. Put them everywhere. And tape stuff to trees and poles with rip off tabs.
  14. MaskedPenis Member

I would say that's a good move, and I'd have done it, but unfortunately, I'm broke.
  15. Zer0 Member

Just a tip on business cards here coming from a graphic designer.

A ton of type with information is going to distract the reader. The sole purpose of a business card is for contact purposes, NOT to smash them with information in a tiny 2 x 4 space. Leave the smashing of information for flyers. Also, eliminate the point of two different sides for cards. If you are going to have a card with two sides of information, make sure both sides have the same information. It bothers me beyond belief to see newcomers coming into my agency, handing me business cards to remember them with and they have two different sources of information on either side.

Remember.
    The simpler the better.

Ideas for content on the card, can be a one sided logo, the slogan (whyaretheydead.com, youfoundthecard.com, ect.) backside could have a small black stripe, pushing the website again. Its very simple and gets the message across easily.
  16. golddigger Member

Re:

Everything helps.

I say if they are doing something and the word is getting out then it is something. Just spending your energy writing why people shouldn't do things is a waste of time.
  17. alsocake Member

THIS. THANK YOU.
  18. its.an0nym0us Member

QQFT
  19. Undesignated Member

Re:

that's an amazing idea, will definitely use.

anyone know the legalities of putting something into someone's pocket/bag etc.. on the street?
  20. MaskedPenis Member

Re: Re:

Don't. Someone might think you're:
    A. Pickpocketing
    B. Molesting

A better idea is to put the card right in someone's hand as you walk by, if you can. This is very easy to pickpockets/ex-pickpockets and people who move very quickly.
  21. freeknowledge Member

I adore this concept! I'm definitely snagging this for cards. Also could some kind Anon with a modicum of PS skills make alternate versions of this for things like "Operation Freakout" and "Operation Snow White" and the like?
  22. anon^3 Member

I'm pretty sure the OP meant that you should put the cards into the pockets of clothes that are on display (hence the reference to department stores), not clothes that people are wearing.

Reading comprehension FTW.
  23. Undesignated Member

I was talking about clothes in shops first being an excellent idea, but the second point was something totally different on what could happen if you sneakily put things in peoples bags/pockets while they were around. Anyway I would never do this as I'm not a pickpocket/don't have the necessary skills and speed to do it stealthily.
  24. MaskedPenis Member

I defend my idea by the fact that:
    A. I was talking about Undesignated's idea, which was to put them into people's stuff... on the street(not display, lololo--).
    B. You're insulting my reading comprehension, but you fail hard, sir.
    C. Undesignated understands what I was sayin'.
    D. You need to chillax.
  25. YourThetan Member

operationfreakoutai1.th.jpg [/url:3hul9pcw]
    operationsnowwhitehg5.th.jpg [/url:3hul9pcw]

Hope these help. =)
  26. anon^3 Member

Okay, I have to admit I PHAILED HARD here. :lol: I missed that last line in the OP about dropping shit in people's pockets. Yeah, that's a bad idea.

Department store raids, though, are a great idea.
  27. incognita Member

28. TwilightAnon Member

Being a teen I can't really order anything, however this weekend I'm going to the local bookstore to put some handwritten copies in Hubbards books and some new releases which are sure to be found. However, if anyone can tell me how to make some easy copies from my printer it would be much appreciated. I'm kinda stupid with computers. :fuckyou:
  29. AnonymousYKF Member

I used MS Publisher and some card stock for my cards. I have a nice paper cutter so they're pretty accurately cut and pretty clean, but I imagine scissors could work if you were careful enough and more steady handed than I.
  30. TwilightAnon Member

No idea what this cardstock is you speak of but I will search for this elusive MS Publisher. (My own computers a freaking jungle to me, like I said, I'm just plain stupid.)
  31. incognita Member

Cardstock is just thick paper of the type usually used for business cards. :)
  32. anmoyunos Member

Cardstock is thicker paper. More like the weight & feel of a business card.

Microsoft Word can also do cards.
  33. TwilightAnon Member

Ah I sees now! Thanks yous all.
  34. alsocake Member

NEW PLACEMENT IDEA

The "fishbowls" at eateries where you drop in your business card, and someone wins a free meal. Actually, anyplace you would drop a business card, drop a youfoundthecard.
  35. Unlisted Member

For website/myspace/etc. use: nextbf3.png (not optimized for print)

Suggested business card optimization by Google
    Resolution should be 300 dpi, CMYK color with required .125 inch Bleed. (3.75x2.25 inches in total size, 1125x675 pixels)
    I believe the size without bleed should be 2"x3.5"

*is not a pro graphic designer person*
  36. target_blank Member

A couple of nights ago...

"Cards, cards, where can I put cards? Where can I put cards to be found later? Putting cards into peoples bags... only if no-one notices. Putting cards into people's boxes of cards - everyone looks through everyone's cards - not suspicious, not one bit..."

Over the next week, I'm gonna be scribbling on uber-common basic land Magic the Gathering cards (so they aint immediately noticeable, so I aint immediately spotted) about scientology and youfoundthecard.com, and slipping them into peoples deck boxes and folders, for them to find later. I'll post some pics when I've made them.
  37. target_blank Member

A couple of nights ago...

"Cards, cards, where can I put cards? Where can I put cards to be found later? Putting cards into peoples bags... only if no-one notices. Putting cards into people's boxes of cards - everyone looks through everyone's cards - not suspicious, not one bit..."

Over the next week, I'm gonna be scribbling on uber-common basic land Magic the Gathering cards (so they aint immediately noticeable, so I aint immediately spotted) about scientology and youfoundthecard.com, and slipping them into peoples deck boxes and folders, for them to find later. I'll post some pics when I've made them.
  38. DarkL Member

This seems like a decent idea.

I put some cards in people's books and stuff at school, and also stuck sticky notes in random places around my desk and stuff.

I was also called to my counselor's office at school yesterday about something. Right before I left I asked him to visit unfairgame.net, on the off-chance he would get involved.

Hmmm...there's a teacher I know who might help me with this as well, but I'm not sure he has time. I might take some time out one day to ask him.