Customize

Concerning a Press Release (Paging Graham Berry!)

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by the_leif, Oct 29, 2008.

1. the_leif Member

Concerning a Press Release (Paging Graham Berry!)

Sup dudes,

Obviously this is a pretty crazy time right now. We've had 2 assaults already and it seems like orgs the world over may be following suit in their increased hostilities. There's been talks about sending out a press release, and obviously one is needed. This is BIG news.

HOWEVER, I'd appreciate if people not make any more threads about a press release regarding this topic (There have already been a couple) and keep discussion in here. Furthermore, no one should draft or ESPECIALLY release anything until it has gone through Graham Berry. We don't want to do anything that could mess things up, however well-intentioned.

At this point all we can do is wait for word from GB, fI, and AO to see where they stand on this. I'd appreciate if any of them could post here at some point and let us know if/when a press release will be either released or requested.

Also let me just take this quick opportunity to remind you all about the Office Supply Fund. This money will be going to purchase Staples Gift Cards for much-needed paper, ink, and the like to help with the hard work going on right now.
  2. AnonOrange_ Member

Re: Concerning a Press Release (Paging Graham Berry!)

Thank you leif. That is needed to be said.

And please, make generous contributions to the office supply fund. We have Mother Theresa for a lawyer. Please help her/him.
  3. anon0004 Member

sticky thread is sticky?
  4. Re: Concerning a Press Release (Paging Graham Berry!)

yea can this be sticked please
  5. DeMiNe0 Member

thread stuck
  6. me57 Member

will be Praying So Very God Bless You All
  7. r@idZ Member

calm it down a bit with all that fanatical god talk.
  8. exOT8Michael Member

9. mrfyde Member

Just a thought and this may be a little off topic from the intended OP but would it be a bad Idea to inform the local police that there has been an increase in the violence aimed at protesters and ask for as much police protection as the force is able to give ?
  10. Pacifist Member

Mother Theresa was a horrendous zealot; Graham is way fucking cool, and kicks cult ass. Quite the opposites.
  11. Anonxmous Member

Just a media-friendly "sound bite'' I thought of in the AO thread which might be included in a release:

It should be easy to draw a parallel between AO's short term brutal and illegal detention OUTSIDE the walls, and the long term brutal and illegal detention of those INSIDE the walls of GOLD BASE.

And perhaps we mention the date for the GOLD (+SH?) mass picket in response - to show publicly we're not scared, and determined to get the message to those trapped that there is support outside.
  12. attackgypsy Member

Any type of press release should say that "The members of Anonymous, around the world, are committed to peaceful, non-violent protest in the traditions of Dr. King and Mahatma Ghandi."

Or something like that.

It's very important that be there. To make the scilons look like bad guys.
  13. mrfyde Member

I agree GB is way cool

what definition of zealot are you using ?

1. a person who shows zeal.
    2. an excessively zealous person; fanatic.
    3. (initial capital letter) a member of a radical, warlike, ardently patriotic group of Jews in Judea, particularly prominent from a.d. 69 to 81, advocating the violent overthrow of Roman rule and vigorously resisting the efforts of the Romans and their supporters to heathenize the Jews.

I think I understand what you mean but it is not like there was a lot of things she could do. 1,000s died in a bed instead of the dirt because of her.
  14. monamia Member

thanks leif.
    there is definitely a time and a place for it.
    but lately, this press release thing has gotten out-of-hand in my opinion.
    best foot forward.

AO: cannot wait to see you. get pix of yourself everyday.
  15. monamia Member

christopher hitchens' book on MT is pretty darn good. she was ruthless.

on contributions: cash for meals and wheels is nice. consider perhaps an unrestricted gift check to GB for overhead. his addy is easy to find or PM him. srsly.
  16. Pacifist Member

Number two: the fanatic kind, like a cultist. Theresa was obsessed with suffering in the name of her religion, whereas Graham actually tries to protect us from the wrath of an evil cult. Let's not divert this from the main topic at hand any further though - you can PM me if you'd like to refute.
  17. mrfyde Member

Fanatic for the ease of suffering is part of her religion. She started an army of 5,000 + who did what they could for people who would be left to die on the streets of countries you wouldn't want to visit.

You are the one that took the thread of track. I am finished.
  18. A.Non Hubbard Member

I do not think you're too familiar with Ms. Bojaxhiu's stance on suffering. She found it beautiful that people suffered because it brought them closer to God.
  19. mrfyde Member

I am not going to defend the catholic philosophy on suffering. Where suffering can be offered as a "THANK YOU" to Jesus. It is a look at the glass half full idea. You are talking about a comment taken out of context in her book that I was expected by many to believe when I let it be known that I was an Atheist.

Fact is She spent 50 years making the suffering more comfortable while they die of deseases you wouldn't want to see people die of. You hand out cake one weekend a month.

I don't see how these beliefs you are more than welcome to have are helping bring down Scientology.
  20. monamia Member

This is not the place to discuss the lives of various Catholic workers. MT specifically is very controversial, even within the church for her treatment of her workers, and her financial guile.

Such discussion deflects our energies from our goal: to take down scientology and to improve the lives of their thousands of victims. To make THOSE victims comfortable as they heal.
  21. Re: Concerning a Press Release (Paging Graham Berry!)

^ ROMAN CURIA ROMAN CURIA ROMAN CURIA!!!