Customize

Co$ party in London - April 18 + Miniraid

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by narCONon, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BEACH_TROLL Member

Re: Co$ party in London - April 18 + Miniraid

beach troll reporting for duty.

If they are having a party we need NOISE. we need maximum attention because of the amount of newscifags that will be present that need to be SAVED.

Can we get some decent sound there? (skint student or i would offer...)
  2. exanon Member

Umm...why not park that van outside? Static enturbulation!
  3. SpAn Member

on the noise front we will probably only be able to gather a boombox or two, nothing really huge, my advice would be to ask around and to see if people have anything else..megaphones etc.

And great work on organising flyers, we may need quite a few but you can just bring leftover leaflets from previous protests.
  4. k8jde6 Member

Re: Co$ party in London

I think its a known real name.

Her Scientology cookie cutter website
    Her little brother's cookie cutter website

She appears on facebook (hidden but visible on a friend's profile) and has a presence on Bebo. She appears to live in East Grinstead.

Her family's known Scientology stats

I could stalk on but that's not what we're here for :text:. She would probably condemn Scientology's practices as a family member and a pet lover but may not have a way out. Maybe worth a last ditch attempt to feed her info on impartial 3rd parties like EscapeInt, LeaveScientology and ExScientologyKids before ditching the address.

On the noise front, mobile phones seem highly effective ;)
  5. eclipse Member

I'm working on getting that evening off work. So if I can then I'll be in attendance. Now, on the grounds that I can't guarantee this, one of you needs to contact the City of London Police. If you are intending to flier in the West End, you'll need to contact the Met as well.

They will want to know a few details, but basically: Who's organising the demonstration, your intentions, how many of you there are likely to be, how long you will be going on for, etc. I know people get all antsy when it comes to names and Anonymous, but police like to have someone that they know they can speak to. They cannot give your name to the Scilons, as that, among other things, would be in breach of the Data Protection Act. You don't have to give your full name, you can even give a pseudonym, but I would recommend that you give them a point of contact.

With regards to music, after 6pm, there are legal limits on noise, basically, if the police tell you to turn the music down, or off, then don't try to fight the man. If they ask you to move along, again, best not to agitate things. So long as you are respectful and peaceful however, there shouldn't be an issue.

I don't know about City of London, since I've spoken to different people every time. I would suggest that you contact their Events Planning Office, between the hours of 9 and 5, early this week. Our long suffering contact at the Metropolitan police is Sergeant Jim Moore, who can be reached at: james.moore@met.police.uk

Again, as with the last hugraid, stay the fuck away from Westminster and the SOCPA zone.
    http://www.markthomasinfo.com/images/socpamap.gif
  6. SpAn Member

ok, i have just emailed Jim Moore with the plans that have been made so far, so i will therefore need to know if any changes are made regarding what is going to happen. Thanks

Edit: I have also just emailed the City of London Police, the same applies.
  7. [Achil] Member

Oh lawd, we're starting at 12:00? Damn, I have college until half 3, so I'll only be able to make it from about 5/half 5 onwards.

Still, if their party starts at 6:30 (at the QVR location, yes?), I'm right in assuming that we'll be there until it ends - which will be, what, 9:00?

I'll be taking leaflets and will be ready to bust mah (poor) moves. I also have an iPod if one is required.
  8. SpAn Member

Yah, you don't have to get there at 1200, i am expecting a large majority of our number to turn up towards the evening to counter their party. All attendance is welcome though, regardless of the time
  9. SpAn Member

UPDATE!!:
    I have just received an email back from Jim Moore, (he is forwarding the details onto the City Police). He is fine with all of the timings etc, however he does not think that we should move onto areas such as TCR because of local businesses and the effect that our protests may have on them. For this reasons the protest should be localised around the QVS area where we will out-party them outside their door.
  10. Anonymeep Member

Sounds good. Is there a contact number for people turning up in the afternoon?

I will do some musing about signs that might appeal to people who have just joined and/or are thinking about joining. This kind of situations are a great way to spoil their raw meat, so I want something like "It's a trap" but more expanded/explained.
  11. SpAn Member

umm, if you wish to get a contact number you will have to PM me for it, that would be easier that me posting it on a pulic forum ;)
  12. truthseeker Member

Slight change of topic but I want to throw this in...I think it is worth doing a mini-raid at the cults celebrity centre, Leister Gardens London at some point. Prehaps it could be tied into the May picket? I have done a couple of solo pickets there before and it was worth it as I was able to talk to some of the staff there at length and I think I may have got thru to them, this was a year or two ago. Its a quiet location but it is certainly worth doing some leafleting around that area to let locals know just what it is they have on their street, and also to let the cult know they have no hiding place. If we don't target it they may think it is a safe haven where they can have events and send new recruits to keep them out of the way of the pickets. Annons need to pay it a visit at least once methinks. Plus it will add to our stats for numbers of raids held and something interesting may happen whilst we are there, we may get more interaction with the culties.:examine:
  13. SpAn Member

We will have to look into that suggestion at a later date, although i am sure there are many people who would be interested.

Mini Raid (London) | Wirah
    All of the Information that has been collected on this Mini-Raid so far
  14. Anonymeep Member

I have glowstix. will pack a bunch, though their effect is a little lacking if it's still light!
  15. Re: Co$ party in London - April 18 + Miniraid

I hope I can join yahz! I'd be there too around the evening time [IN TIME FOR THE PARTAAAAYYY!!]

I'll try and get some leaflets done or a banner, but I shall bring my Fez hat for many Walking Like An Egyptian fun. :selleck:
  16. narCONon Member

Brilliant.... looks like 18th mini raid is GO! If we can get many anons outside it'll really ruin their party, plus maybe rescue a few new$cis! To those people considering goin in, i wouldnt. To much chance it could be a TARP. Stay outside and show them what a party anon can throw!

narCONOn
  17. Anonymeep Member

18. BEACH_TROLL Member

beach troll is planning on pretending he has been hired as a stripper for the church's party.

I will then dance my flabby body pendulum style at them.
  19. SpAn Member

i would be honoured to meet the fabled beach_troll, especially after his impact on Saturday! :D

Mini Raid (London) | Wirah < contains all of the raid details, posted again for the people only looking at the end of the thread
  20. goose1 Member

[STRIKE]oops[/STRIKE]
  21. Re: Co$ party in London - April 18 + Miniraid

I like this stripper Idea very much.
    But hows about we order loads of REAL male strippers to the centre with a C.O.D agreement?
    hopefully the companies wont get too butthurt if the strippers dont get to strip, which, they probably won't
    we can see just how well Dianetics can cure homosexuality.
    #I should deffo be attending, revenge for missing the 5th AND the 12th.
  22. drillerkiller Member

As much as I think the stripper idea is liquidated gold running through my grubby fingers, i dont think it'll be a good idea. It could potentially backfire on us and will give the COS ammunition to label us a bunch of pranksters and hackers instead of the respectable group I assume we're trying to become.
  23. SpAn Member

Yah, we need to stick to purely positive things, peaceful pickets etc are a great way of doing it. Bear in mind with FairGameStop people will be prank calling them for BattleToads (i am opposed to this)..but it WILL happen. To counter it we need to stay positive!!
  24. Anonymeep Member

I'm not thrilled about the calls either, it gives them too much ammunition to accuse random Anons of harassment and get the cops involved. You never know when some cop might fall for it.

As for the picket, we are also far harder for Scilons to dismiss (toward new and potential) recruits if we have fun but *appear sane*.
  25. SpAn Member

i guess we hae no option but to go with the stupid idea now though, as much as we oppose it..it looks like it is def gonna happen =( We will just have tot stick to our guns and protest
  26. AnonyAnony Member

I think i could make it on the 18th
  27. SpAn Member

Brilliant work! Drag friends/anyone interested and lets make this thing big!!
  28. Re: Co$ party in London - April 18 + Miniraid

im in! i shall bring my self, and see what else i can scrape together. ive been meaning to get a boom box anyway...
  29. Re: Co$ party in London - April 18 + Miniraid

I agree, this stripper Idea would be somewhat of a footbullet.
    It could be made to show the we havn't moved on to srsbsns and we're still the kids with the foolish pranks we were a few months ago.
    It would be great it more people turned out for our own little party than this c0$ one.
  30. Gisman Member

<-- CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL

How much currency should we plan on dragging along?
  31. Re: Co$ party in London - April 18 + Miniraid

Will have to check with work tomorrow. But possibly +2.

This is QVS right ?
  32. SpAn Member

yah, it is! As much as you want to bring really...there will be food there though
  33. Anonymeep Member

What are we doing sign wise? Are you guys bringing your regular signs or shall we try to make some specific ones? I'm planning to bring a doublesided A3 laminated one (*), not sure if I can manage to arrange it before I travel though. I am going to try to specifically address 'raw meat'. (eg "Don't sign anything, research first" I'd also like to have a 'One conversation with us could earn you 200 000' etc. We need some stuff that makes clear to people that CoS is not an innocent self help place.. without being so over the top that it's dismissed.)

What about megaphone? are we allowed to use one? If so, Would it be good to have some short quotes, both from L Ron's more megalomanic ouvre and from ex-scientologists, that we can read out to people who are arriving? if you think you're going to a presentation about a self-help guru then having the 'make money' quote read out to you might make you think twice.

*) great and cheap sign: 2 A3 prints, laminated back to back. Under 5 quid at a copy shop.
  34. Anonhopeful Member

Woo! Im in guys glad i found out about this.

I get off work @ 2 will probably take me 2 hours to get there

if anyone who knows they will be there from 3 onwards (incase i leave work slightly early) could PM me with a contact number i would really appreciate it but if not then is there any place that people are certain to be @ between 3-5?

kinda shameful posting this as it shows the lazy uncreative person that i am but if anyone does have any spare signs i would rlly appreciate 1 as quite frankly i suck @ signs although if not ill try to do my best xD
  35. SpAn Member

**URGENT NEWS!!!**
    JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM THE POLICE, THEY DECIDED THAT THEY WILL NOT SANCTION ANOTHER PROTEST.

THAT SAID, THE PARTY HAS BEEN CANCELLED < WE HAVE A SMALL VICTORY THERE

IN ORDER TO COUNTER THIS WE ARE NOT GOING TO PROTEST OUTSIDE SCIENTOLOGY CENTRES. ..THE NEW PLAN IS:
    1200 MEET AT CAMDEN TOWN TUBE STATION
    1800 MEET AT CHARING CROSS

THIS WAY WE CAN TARGET MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC!

sorry this was such short notice, apparently the police are not very good at some decisions :( Get this message out to as many people as you can. If you want any more details/ a means of contacting us PM me.
  36. Anonhopeful Member

span did they not already sanction it how can they just pull the flip reverse like that?
  37. [Achil] Member

Slightly annoyed, but it's OK. Epic hugs shall ensue around London.
  38. SpAn Member

They already said that we could not do TCR (from the met), at the same time the messages were forwarded to the City of London Police. They responded (just now) saying they would not sanction one.

New details can be found here
    Mini Raid (London) | Wirah
  39. Anonhopeful Member

ah ok that sucks
  40. Gisman Member

Did the police give any other details?

And what about us lot that can't make it for 12?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.